Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

DirectTV Overcharges American English Speakers

I really want to know, why does DirectTV rip English speaking Americans off? Why are English speakers charged more for less?

You can get over 65 Channels in 18 Languages (other than English).

For 9.99 a month you can get the International Package of 70 + free local digital channels in Arabic, Brazilian, Chinese, Filipino, Greek, Italian, Korean, Polish, Russian, South Asian, Ukrainian and Vietnamese.

For $10.00 more you get 120 + free local digital channels.

http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/global/co ... 8650098356

For $19.99 a month, you can get the Basico Package of over 70 Channels in Spanish/English.

https://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/wizard/b ... 8650098356

For $29.99 a month, you can get the Family Package of 45 + the free local digital channels.

https://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/wizard/b ... 8650098356

If you are in the mood for complaining:

E-mail Form.
    http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/global/co ... d=P4560006

Call
    (Hours 8:00am to 10:00pm)
    Home customers: 1-800-494-4388

Customer Service
    DIRECTV, Inc.
    P.O. Box 6550
    Greenwood Village, CO 80155-6550

Dump the Dish!

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

They charge us more for everything.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Re: DirectTV Overcharges American English Speakers

Right now you can get deals on existing cable bills. I have Time Warner Cable. My friend told me to call and just ask, so I did. It went from $150 to $110 and nothing was changed. There a department you ask for, it's not the person that answers the phone. They will tell you the name when you ask for the discount. It's just for 3 months though, but try it!. It's $120 less...
    Also, if you are disconnected for 3 months, you can get the specials they advertise for new customers.
    If Palestine puts down their guns, there will be peace.
    If Israel puts down their guns there will be no more Israel.
    Dick Morris

I haven't seen anything on TV worth paying even 9.99 a month to see.

I miss Lou Dobbs, that's about all.

If you sign up or change your package, be sure you get it in writing - have the person giving the deal to email you to that effect - and keep it.

WE called Dish Network about 3 years ago. They sent a representative out. He told us we could get a certain package, month to month, no time limit. He also told us if we dropped it before a year, he would like to have his equipment back. Since we travel in an RV for work, he gave us an additional dish and told us to simply put the dish on a tripod or pole, connect to the TV and call in and they would help us adjust it.

When we parked the RV, and called in, we were told we would have to pay Sears to come do that. First falsehood.

We had verbally given our word to keep it a year. When the year was up, much of which we were not home, we called and they informed us we had signed an agreement for 2 years and it would cost us to get out of the agreement.

When we checked we had been dumb enough to not make sure we had our copy of the contract. WE had laid it on top of my husband's desk in the LR where we were talking and it was no where to be found.

They sent us a copy of only the page we had signed and there were initials, not my husband's initials as he has a very distinctive way of initialing things especially legal papers, agreeing to 2 years.

We paid, and did use it for another year, when we called to have it disconnected, were told unless we returned some of the equipment, it would cost us.

I have read that this is not unusual behavior for Dish network and yes, we should have contacted someone in the state government, but we didn't.

Just watch out ---

When I found out I could get LOTS more for LESS from Dish I couldn't cancel Direct fast enough. Even a year later I keep getting letters begging me to come back.

I have repeatedly called them asking that they PLEASE spare the trees and QUIT writing me. They took big bucks off of me for a long long time... I have also told them repeatedly if they refunded 2 years worth of fees I STILL wouldn't go back.

But if you were to drive thru my neighborhood EVERY hispanic family has Direct... NOW I know why!

MW
    It's probably a strategy to get a larger portion of the immigrant viewers, especially the Latino ones.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I gave up cable tv for the regular stations. No cost. Most of those cable stations (90%) were in Spanish and I got tired of changing channels trying to find something in English.

Dish network offered us free service for a year - wouldn't have them in my house.

Just be careful.

If you think Direct is the only ones who either do or will cater to hispanics - think again.

OVER 65 channels in 18 languages OTHER than ENGLISH?! Is THIS the UNITED STATES of AMERICA, or WHAT?!!!

Happy to complain Dixie! Stuff like this just boggles the mind...

*I never heard back from BestBuy by the way....about the Matricular Card as an ID.