Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by AmericanElizabeth
    American_made, I have little love of any dogs, and this one in particular does not like to go out in the rain or cold, as well my relatives do not MAKE it go out in the rain or cold (therefore she has a tendency to pee and mess on the floors). So I insisted it stay in their van during the night (which their girls snuck in two of the nights, despite my previous objections). It is one of those little dogs (Dachsund) that they treat as though it is a one year old child, not even my 17 pound cat gets that kind of treatment (we do not have litter boxes, our cats go out!).

We did have a funny moment with it though.....my nieces let their little darling run in like she lived here, and she went right to the cats dish, which is in the kitchen, and our room is right off of the kitchen, my cat saw this little 6 pound Dachsund at HIS dish, in HIS house, took off from my bed and almost literally scared the life out of her. My son came running, grabbed the cat just in time, as he had their dog pinned to the dining room floor, and the dog was flat on her side.

My sister-in-law was kind of beside herself about how "mean" the cat was to her dog.

I explained this is HIS house, and that is a DOG and our cat has chased away much larger dogs who were in our yard, so it was not surprising to us he would react this way.

I like a good dog, but all too many little ones tend to be severely spoiled and to me, that isn't a good pet. Kind of like spoiled kids, no one really wants them around.

BTW, it is not intended to be a rant against all dogs (little ones?). I just believe pets can be loved, without treating them as "babies", and that they can be trained to be nice.
    AE I am a dog fan, Have had them from 140 lbs to 10 lbs. just like anything else it is all in how they are raised. My dog would never dream of "messing in someone’s home" he travels all over with us but I know what you mean. I don't think it is proper to take you animal to someone’s home when asked not to. One thing about him he is legal, has his papers so he can’t be all bad right? BTW, thanks for the warm welcome back.
    The first requisite of a good citizen in this republic of ours is that he shall be able and willing to pull his own weight.
    Theodore Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by RonLaws
    Found a website that on search engine says - Pre-register for Z visa.

This site has info (and terrible picture too) on amnesty bill

see www.zvisaonline.com

Also started calling Senators again on Amendment process - maybe we can poison or mangle the bill further with undesirable amendments.

Some amendments being put forward tomorrow:

Bingaman amendment - to cut "guest-worker" program numbers in half from 400,000-600,000 down to 200,000 to 300,000

Inhofe amendment - Declare English as Official language of the U.S.

Vitter amendment - to remove legalization (amnesty) process altogether
    from the bill.

AP News article had stated that the "coalition" of supporters is meeting daily to preserve the "grand bargain".
    I see Inhofe voted "yea" for cloture, yet if he has an attitude about English being the official language, he can't be all that bad so that really gives me hope about the theory of those voting "yea" not all being traitors....

Ready for round two!!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

For the most part, I took today off except for making a few thank you calls to the supportive senators.

I used today to spend extra time with my kiddies, cook a nice meal for my hubby, and clean my home (watched C-span, couldn't help myself) and took a nap......

So, I am ready, willing and able to fight again another day.
    Let's Rock and Roll!
    I am rested, fed and ready to go!

Suggestions needed

I have called all the Republican Senators twice and e-mailed the Dems. I have between 7 am and noon off so I want to put some more effort in the cause.
    I'll call the my senator again the treasonous whore Feinstein see if she will be in Southern California next week so I can BOO her.
    What else can you suggest? What should I do??
    Please help!!

Re: Suggestions needed

Quote Originally Posted by greginLA
    I have called all the Republican Senators twice and e-mailed the Dems. I have between 7 am and noon off so I want to put some more effort in the cause.
    I'll call the my senator again the treasonous V*******V Feinstein see if she will be in Southern California next week so I can BOO her.
    What else can you suggest? What should I do??
    Please help!!
    Watch the language please.

More details will be released in the morning. Get some rest and please be ready when we all move together.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by ProudAmericanFamily
    For the most part, I took today off except for making a few thank you calls to the supportive senators.

I used today to spend extra time with my kiddies, cook a nice meal for my hubby, and clean my home (watched C-span, couldn't help myself) and took a nap......

Let's Rock and Roll!
    \

You are a good woman Proud!!
    I pulled a few weeds and watched c-span, acually I pulled a few weeds until this storm swept over my house with wind gusts that seemed like 75 mi. hour winds and a burst of heavy down poor that ran me out of the garden, TO BAD
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    Good to here he is legal and has his papers!!!LOL

My cat was "neutralized" (its our own joke about neutering) at four months, and has had his shots, but we are not required to license a cat here, but he is legal, he was born in Washington state to a "citizen" mother!!

Fun part about having such a big cat (he hunts and kills anything that moves, and never wastes a bird he catches, mice either), is that for some reason, my illegal neighbors here are fearful of him, or maybe its all cats?

If we ever do get a dog, it will be a big one. The kids want a husky. We just do not have the yard for a big dog, they need room to run, and unlike cats, you HAVE to do something with them if you go on trips, a cat you can leave a slide in "kity door" in your sliding glass door while you're away, and they are good to go (have people check in on them once a day), but with a dog, you just cannot, they need more. Suppose that's why we have not had a dog yet, plus, I think the cat would be abusive!
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Okay...looks like I need to have another "migraine" tomorrow and call in sick to work. I'll log in early and wait for details and direction.
    Calderon was absolutely right when he said...."Where there is a Mexican, there is Mexico".

Quote Originally Posted by SOSADFORUS
    Quote Originally Posted by ProudAmericanFamily

Let's Rock and Roll!
    \

You are a good woman Proud!!
    I pulled a few weeds and watched c-span, acually I pulled a few weeds until this storm swept over my house with wind gusts that seemed like 75 mi. hour winds and a burst of heavy down poor that ran me out of the garden, TO BAD
    Yard work! Ugh! Haaaaaaaaard work!
    I made a deal with the hubby a hundred years ago.....
    if it is outside the house, it is yours, inside the house, its mine!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast