Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Not to pick on Spanish, but they are the only group who demands their kids be taught in Spanish. Why the high failure rate if hispanic kids are being taught in Spanish?

Any other ethnic group being taught in their own language? What are the statistics on them?

The biggest challenge facing all teenagers is if their parents are not involved in their studies. Where are these kids going after school instead of doing their homework? Do they ask for extra help? Is it given to them? Do the parents have any clue what's going on and do they care?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)
    "

Quote Originally Posted by joazinha
    Last year when the Dallas Independent School District of Dallas, TX, said that Hispanic children need HISPANIC teachers, my Brazilian friend, a long-time elementary school teacher, objected VIGOROUSLY to this. She said that children need teachers of ALL racial and ethnic backgrounds, othewise children will NEVER learn to respect those of races and cultures OTHER than their OWN! Talk about DIVERSITY, she said, there is NOTHING diverse about THIS at ALL!
    If they feel this is so then why did we try so hard to integrate our schools?

Last year when the Dallas Independent School District of Dallas, TX, said that Hispanic children need HISPANIC teachers, my Brazilian friend, a long-time elementary school teacher, objected VIGOROUSLY to this. She said that children need teachers of ALL racial and ethnic backgrounds, othewise children will NEVER learn to respect those of races and cultures OTHER than their OWN! Talk about DIVERSITY, she said, there is NOTHING diverse about THIS at ALL!
    Completely agree with your friend. Hispanic children having only Hispanic teachers will not learn anything about different races of cultures. I feel that school systems should accept teachers of different races and backgrounds who are willing to work different kids.
    ProEnglish:The English Language Advocates
    http://www.proenglish.org/

Recently in a school I volunteer at, a parent asked came in and first asked if anyone spoke Spanish (in Spanish, of course). A secretary from another office had to come in to translate, their question about if their daughter could take the upcomming state tests in Spanish?? One administrator told them the test isn't offered in any other language except English. The parents proceeded to say their kids was in an ESL class, and thought they gave the test in other languages (Spanish) to help those kids. My thought while this was taking place: LEARN ENGLISH!!!

Re: Diverse students need diverse teachers

Quote Originally Posted by AF

Diverse students need diverse teachers
    By Jerrold H. Jensen
    02/16/08 00:00:00

Does race matter in teaching? I don't know. But every one of us can probably identify teachers who were role models for us -- the odds are they looked and sounded a lot like us, too. No doubt many teachers can inspire the children of immigrants, but perhaps we don't have enough of them. Perhaps what we really need are more teachers who were, themselves, children of immigrants, who can relate to and motivate the kids we are losing.
    This is the biggest bunch of racist BS I have seen. Diverse teachers? I had NO teachers who were roll models for me. They were teachers. I had two perfectly good roll models at home called parents. My parents pushed me to succeed and do well in school. Something "immigrant parents" don't seem to do.

Teaching in a school probably just like the one in Fresno I see the problem every day. When we grew up our parents sacrificed to make sure that we had a better chance in life that they had. All they wanted was for us to grow up and have more opportunities.

Most all of the so called "immigrant" children I teach every day have parents with a completely different attitude. They feel if it was good enough for them it is damn sure good enough for their kids. None of them had and education and did just fine so why should their kids worry about an education. Even more of them seem to have kids only so they can drop out of school and go to work and help put material things in the house.

Diversity in teaching? Those of us who teach don't see color, we see butts in the chairs and hope they came ready to learn. It doesn't matter what color a teacher is or where they came from as long as the kid is there to learn.

In these cases, most of the kids come to school 1-2 hours late, bring no materials to learn with and wouldn't do home work if you begged them. The miss Monday, like papa missed work. The miss Friday because they learned to miss from papa or momma. They also take off every time they don't feel like working or papa needs them to help him with his work.

At the school I work at, we have about 85, 16-18 year old girls who are in our pregnancy related services. This is all that are allowed because
    the district only provides one teacher. We probably have triple that who are not getting the services. Now, what happened to parenting? Why are so many of these little girls allowed to get pregnant and nothing is done. Usually the boy responsible moves in with the parents of the girl he knocked up. One happy family......only because in the Mexican culture getting pregnant at this age by even an adult, is ok.

These loud mouth liberal racists can whine all they want about diversity. This is a completely different culture we are dealing with and without help from home no amount of diversity is going to change anything.

How many times have I seen Mexican parents called to a teacher meeting and during this meeting the child is allowed to yell at the teacher and use profanity. All while the parent does nothing. Obviously this culture we deal with every day does not share the same ethics and values we have and this problem not going to change.
    Certified Member
    The Sons of the Republic of Texas

Many people in my area have pulled their kids out of public schools and are now home schooling them. It's the only way to stop the dumbing down that's been going on. Diversity does not make kids smarter or learn better, it's propoganda only. I want the BEST teachers for my kids, regardless of race or gender.

For every student that drops out of the schools this way, the school loses money. I am comtemplating quitting my job and doing the same. Oddly enough, our finances will be better using public assistance and home schooling, than working full time and sending my kids to school!

I guess the pro-illegal sympathizers will wake up when all that are left in the schools are illegals and children of illegals? Oh wait, I forgot, the sympathizers send THEIR kids to private schools!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)
    "

Quote Originally Posted by miguelina

For every student that drops out of the schools this way, the school loses money.
    Trust me, this is all public school worry about. Our school district walks the streets trying to con drop outs into coming back to school. Not that they care about the kid getting an education, but ONLY because they want more federal money so the administration can get bigger salaries. There is even talk of allowing some of Texas' larger school districts to keep kids in school until they are 25. These drop outs don't want to be here so all they do when forced to return is cause discipline problems and school districts will do nothing to them for fear they will drop out. Of course those who do want an education can not get one because of the discipline problems forced to stay in our schools.
    Certified Member

Quote Originally Posted by miguelina
    Many people in my area have pulled their kids out of public schools and are now home schooling them. It's the only way to stop the dumbing down that's been going on. Diversity does not make kids smarter or learn better, it's propoganda only. I want the BEST teachers for my kids, regardless of race or gender.

For every student that drops out of the schools this way, the school loses money. I am comtemplating quitting my job and doing the same. Oddly enough, our finances will be better using public assistance and home schooling, than working full time and sending my kids to school!

I guess the pro-illegal sympathizers will wake up when all that are left in the schools are illegals and children of illegals? Oh wait, I forgot, the sympathizers send THEIR kids to private schools!
    You brought up a lot of good points. I agree diversity doesn't makes kids smarter. There are many pro-illegal sympathizers who sometimes live in neighborhoods or areas where there aren't too many illegals and anchor babies so they are oblivious to the problems that are going in public schools with amounts of illegals and anchor brats. I do get bugged by the many people who defend illegals because they don't know the growing problems going on and they will never know.
    ProEnglish:The English Language Advocates
    http://www.proenglish.org/

Diversity does NOT make kids ANY smarter than being MULTILINGUAL does! Despite that my friend from Brazil and I are multilingual, we AGREE that ENGLISH is THE language of AMERICA! And that kids in AMERICAN schools MUST learn English FIRST!

Diversity does NOT make kids ANY smarter than being MULTILINGUAL does! Despite that my friend from Brazil and I are multilingual, we AGREE that ENGLISH is THE language of AMERICA! And that kids in AMERICAN schools MUST learn English FIRST!
    The Superintendent of Houston ISD made a statement to the Houston Chronicle that he feels Hispanics are better at teaching Hispanic students and Houston ISD needs to spend more resources recruiting Hispanic teachers. That sounds pretty racist to me.
    Certified Member

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12