Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

do the parents realize this?

About 3 hours ago on my daily trip to the post office,I noticed a Latin woman coming out of a local market with 3 small kids.It was a Latin market and you really don't see many Whites shop there.I recognized the 3 kids because on weekends I usually see them with their mom.They and their mom are White.Although the younger twins seem to be young enough to expect them not to be albe to talk alot I was surprised that all 3 of the kids spoke fluent Spanish.It caught me off guard.If our future propects to lead our country spend 40 hours a week (or more) culturally Latin,how will we be able to stop the flow of illegals from Latin America?

Re: do the parents realize this?

Quote Originally Posted by rickesteves
    About 3 hours ago on my daily trip to the post office,I noticed a Latin woman coming out of a local market with 3 small kids.It was a Latin market and you really don't see many Whites shop there.I recognized the 3 kids because on weekends I usually see them with their mom.They and their mom are White.Although the younger twins seem to be young enough to expect them not to be albe to talk alot I was surprised that all 3 of the kids spoke fluent Spanish.It caught me off guard.If our future propects to lead our country spend 40 hours a week (or more) culturally Latin,how will we be able to stop the flow of illegals from Latin America?
    My father speaks fleunt German, but hardly lives his life culturally german. Personally I see nothing wrong with children being multilingual, it is a very useful tool to be blessed with. However I have a problem with it when the schools are bilingual because neither language group is getting more than a half days education even if they speak both languages, since they are spending the second half the day simply covering the same topics in a different language. But I think you are overblowing the situation as well... as american kids who are multilingual are still the exception, not the rule by any stretch of the imagination.

I do not understand what relevance that has to stopping the flow of illegals. Does the fact that many kids speak spanish make it impossible to build fences and patrol the borders? Just how does it result in that?

Nothing wrong with being multilingual or multicultural.
    Being a nanny here in California is the new favorite job of young illegals.Given the way some people spoil their kids,how do you get rid of an illegal nanny that is a favorite with the kids?Quite often it is the people that can afford nannies whose kids go on to politics and other significant positions;kinda hard to choose between the one that raises you and the law.

Nothing wrong with being multilingual or multicultural.
    Being a nanny here in California is the new favorite job of young illegals.Given the way some people spoil their kids,how do you get rid of an illegal nanny that is a favorite with the kids?Quite often it is the people that can afford nannies whose kids go on to politics and other significant positions;kinda hard to choose between the one that raises you and the law.
    I must disagree. I said there is nothing wrong with kids, being multi-lingual. Multi-cultural is a different matter entirely. I would also venture that you cannot get a clear perspective of the overall nation by using California as your sampling. Further, I doubt if your example is very accurate as I doubt most kids have nannies even in California.

I see nothing wrong with children being multilingual,
    DON, I can only speak from my own experience. In our businesses we deal mostly in the city areas with a high "immigrant" quotient.

I can say with no doubt that a great many children can NOT speak English and their parents will NOT speak English. It's a huge problem and our schools are spending much needed dollars in vain. Children are NOT bilingual on a large scale.

Stores are not "bilingual" either. It's a mess, a real mess.

I believe I understand what Rick is referring to. The other problem we have because of this problem are the huge numbers of drop outs only to leave the future generation that will be responsible for our country's future ignorant in the knowledge of our history and representative republic responsibility. We have enough problem with American children's weak education.

As a granddaughter of immigrants who demanded we learn English and only spoke Italian in our grandparent's home.............I've been concerned about this for many years.

{my 2 cents}
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndamendsis
    I see nothing wrong with children being multilingual,
    DON, I can only speak from my own experience. In our businesses we deal mostly in the city areas with a high "immigrant" quotient.

I can say with no doubt that a great many children can NOT speak English and their parents will NOT speak English. It's a huge problem and our schools are spending much needed dollars in vain. Children are NOT bilingual on a large scale.

Stores are not "bilingual" either. It's a mess, a real mess.

I believe I understand what Rick is referring to. The other problem we have because of this problem are the huge numbers of drop outs only to leave the future generation that will be responsible for our country's future ignorant in the knowledge of our history and representative republic responsibility. We have enough problem with American children's weak education.

As a granddaughter of immigrants who demanded we learn English and only spoke Italian in our grandparent's home.............I've been concerned about this for many years.

{my 2 cents}
    If the children do not speak english and speak only spanish.. they are hardly MULTI-lingual are they? I never stated I approved of children who could ONLY speak spanish.

Mygrandfather forgot Poruguese but he picked up English,Spanish,and Italian.

Mygrandfather forgot Poruguese but he picked up English,Spanish,and Italian.
    Portuguese

Don, I was simply making a point that I'm on the opposite side of the country and have experience in 3 states in the North East as well as 2 states in the South. We see a problem that children in many {growing} sections are not bilingual with would be an asset if it were true. I see this as problem that's being increased not decreased throughout our country.

and that's the story
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndamendsis
    Don, I was simply making a point that I'm on the opposite side of the country and have experience in 3 states in the North East as well as 2 states in the South. We see a problem that children in many {growing} sections are not bilingual with would be an asset if it were true. I see this as problem that's being increased not decreased throughout our country.

and that's the story
    The only ones I see that problem existing among is immigrants and their children. How in the world would a kid from english speaking parents grow up incapable of speaking english?

I agree that those who do not learn English are a problem, and will never fully assimilate... but thats not the same as children who are multilingual, nor is a disease that our kids are likely to catch, and we one day wake up finding our kids cannot speak english. If you see more and more kids who cannot speak english... they are immigrants or children of immigrants.

As for stores and such who label everything in spanish.. they are fools, since they are restricting the biggest percentage of the country from buying from them. We have stores here like that, which cater to mexicans... but they get none of my business. They wanna hurt their own business.. it is no skin off my nose.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast