Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Do we need to be concerned about Gutierrez-Flake?

After this week's 1-2 punch against Kennedy Bush, do we need to worry about Gutierrez-Flake?

I hope we can take a breather from being assaulted by our own government. I'm beat.
    Check your credit report regularly, an illegal may be using your Social Security number.

Call me paranoid, but we always need to worry.

Seriously though, I think we always need to keep an eye on things. It's the only smart thing to do.
    "Calling an illegal alien an undocumented immigrant is like calling a burglar an uninvited house guest."

Flake and Guiterezz have got a bill languishing in the House.

Bill H.R. 1645
    RIP TinybobIdaho -- May God smile upon you in his domain forevermore.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

The senate bill would have NEVER passed the house. This Flake bill has even less a chance. We aways need to be watchful but this thing ain't going nowhere. Pigs will fly before this bill gets traction, as I understand it, it's worse than S1348!
    <div>Thank you Governor Brewer!</div>

Also, another factor that plays into the evolution of the legislation, is that the House is generally much more responsive to grass-roots / citizen pressure and input. The US Senate is compared with the UK's "House of Lords" for a reason.

With senators serving 6 yr terms, and Americans generally having a short memory for political ongoings... vs. US Reps having to be elected/re-elected every 2 yrs, at least the House members are constantly having to consider how to stay in office - responding positively to the public has a funny way of helping accomplish the goal.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Duh
    The Flake-Gutierrez bill is H.R.1645, the Security Through Regularized Immigration and a Vibrant Economy (STRIVE) Act.

Senator Kyl is working on it with much zeal. Even though he voted no on cloture (evening of June 7), he plans to continue to push for amnesty full force.

There are many online articles about this sick bill. Here's one for starters (I'm not familiar with the author; he's an attorney.)
    http://www.vdare.com/mann/070326_mexico.htm

Below is part of the article.

March 26, 2007

Call It Treason: Flake-Gutierrez Bill Immigration Insanity And Merger With Mexico
    By Juan Mann

The latest nation-destroying amnesty scheme of H.R.1645—the Security Through Regularized Immigration and a Vibrant Economy (STRIVE) Act—was introduced in the House of Representatives on March 22 by Treason Lobby mouthpieces Rep. Jeff Flake (R-AZ) and Rep. Luis Gutierrez (D-IL).

But don’t be fooled. This bill is not just about selling-out America to the lowest foreign worker bidder. The end-game of H.R. 1645 is the even more deadly: the sovereignty-eroding Security and Prosperity Partnership of North America (SPP) plan for regional government.

H.R. 1645 is 697 pages of immigration give-aways including at least seven flavors of amnesties great and small.

Here’s my tally:

Section 401—new worker program;
    Section 624—rolling amnesty for children under 16 years old;
    Section 643—agricultural workers “blue cardâ€
    Duh