Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by pattyk
    Quote Originally Posted by stevetheroofer
    Well I wouldn't mind knowing what was being said after I hear the words "PICNCHE, GRINGO! CAUSE USUALLY SOMETHING BAD FOLLOWS THOSE WORDS, AND IF YOU DON'T WORK NEXT TO THEM I GUESS YOU'LL NEVER UNDERSTAND!"
    It will be a cold day in hell before I would want to learn spanish. I worked with spanish girls before; and even tho they knew english they kept talking spanish while I was right there next to them. They were just ignorant fools. I could tell they were talking about me, but you know, I really didn't care what a bunch of ignorant low-class spanish people think about me. I would never give them the satisfaction of thinking I went to the trouble of learning their pukey language.
    Well they probably weren't Spanish girls but those of Mexican ancestry. My wife has said the same thing when she was working with them that they knew how to speak English but would not unless they had to. They would rudely speak in Spanish at work around their non-hispanic co-workers when it was prohibited unless it was on lunches or breaks. It was as though they did it out of defiance.

I think it is more of an issue in the United States. When I lived and worked in Canada I work with several people from various countries in South America. When they were together and no one else was around they spoke Spanish but as soon as one non Spanish speaker was close they spoke English. They were polite and pleasant and some of them were good friends. In South Florida many are the opposite.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

We don't hear much of that here. But in the big city we do. I was in a store and some woman was on the phone speaking Spanish. She was alone and I walked over to her and said blah blah blah, she ended the call and tried to be nice to me. I walked away.

Has there ever been talk about boycotting businesses that promote spanish in their stores and/or on their products? If not, would anyone be interested in discussing it further?

I live in San Diego County and due to my preference of not giving money to businesses that cater to those who speak spanish, I no longer shop at Wal-Mart, Home Depot, Lowes, IHOP or CVS. I assume there are more chain stores out there that are probably in that group, such as KMart, Vons, Albertsons and Stater Brothers but, I have not confimed if they are or not.

As of now, Target, Henry's Market, Trader Joes, Dollar Tree and a local Ace Hardware are about the only places I shop anymore. I admit that doing this is a little inconvenient but, it has reduced the amount of spanish jibberish I hear.

If companies profits are affected due to Americans taking their money to businesses that promote speaking english versus bilingual nonsense, maybe we will see spanish disappear from stores in the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA.
    NOBAMA 2012!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mealso
    Has there ever been talk about boycotting businesses that promote spanish in their stores and/or on their products? If not, would anyone be interested in discussing it further?

I live in San Diego County and due to my preference of not giving money to businesses that cater to those who speak spanish, I no longer shop at Wal-Mart, Home Depot, Lowes, IHOP or CVS. I assume there are more chain stores out there that are probably in that group, such as KMart, Vons, Albertsons and Stater Brothers but, I have not confimed if they are or not.

As of now, Target, Henry's Market, Trader Joes, Dollar Tree and a local Ace Hardware are about the only places I shop anymore. I admit that doing this is a little inconvenient but, it has reduced the amount of spanish jibberish I hear.

If companies profits are affected due to Americans taking their money to businesses that promote speaking english versus bilingual nonsense, maybe we will see spanish disappear from stores in the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA.
    I avoid some stores as well especially of the staff speak Spanish to me. Today I got the coupns with my newspaper and there was alot more with Spanish on them or more of than English on it. It has gotten worse. The one thing that really annoys me is commercials in Spanish on the Englsih channels. There is way too much Spanish ones included in cable packages so there is no need to advretise on the English speaking ones. I would like to sue over it as there are alot of Russians and Haitians here in South Florida and there is no channels for them on cable. To get the Russian channels you need to get a dish for it. I don't know about Haitian channels. There is one channel that is shared by black people from the Carribean where it is 99% in Englsih. I have seen the odd show in Creole while channel surfing.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by ExCaliGal
    No kidding Im so sick of it also..In fact I got so pissed in the car with our radio station...It use to be ONE spanish Now its Three!! and get this they come in to where my stations are static so they have there music and now I get to hear it blaring all over just like it was when I left Ca..
    As for their laungage it disgustes me its like dirty and I want to wash it off...UGH!!!
    Yeah, as you remember three is nothing compared to California. Here in SD I think half the AM stations are in Spanish. And one of my favorite rock stations turns to Spanish for some reason sometimes late at night.

As for the quality of the language, I think it has more to do with the way illegal Mexicans speak it. I think Spanish is actually a beautiful language when I hear it from Spaniards and South Americans.
    Serve Bush with his letter of resignation.

See you at the signing!!

Quote Originally Posted by swatchick
    I think it is more of an issue in the United States. When I lived and worked in Canada I work with several people from various countries in South America. When they were together and no one else was around they spoke Spanish but as soon as one non Spanish speaker was close they spoke English. They were polite and pleasant and some of them were good friends. In South Florida many are the opposite.
    Actually, I think it has more to do with the difference between immigrants from Mexico and immigrants from South America.
    Serve Bush with his letter of resignation.

See you at the signing!!

I think the worst is when they speak "Spanglish" It drives me crazy.
    Either speak one language or the other but don't butcher my language
    by train wrecking it with yours, you sound like an idiot in both languages.

I'm fairly fluent in spanish although I avoid speaking it unless it's
    absolutely necessary. A couple of times I've been out with my wife when
    we come up on a family or group speaking spanish. She'll ask me rather
    loudly, "What are they saying?" At which point I start translating rather
    loudly....Cue: eye daggers...

Def
    If the race card is the only card in your hand, you're not playing with a full deck.

My spanish is pretty much Taco Bell spanish how do you say "GO BACK TO MEXICO!"
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Let them speak spanish, who cares. But it's annoying when they call you names in spanish and think you don't understand. But mostly it's low brows who do that. Or dummies who think you don't understand.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast