Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Does Idaho Want To Respond To This?

I am going to submit a letter to the paper in response to this woman's obvious ignorance of this issue. Anyone else from Idaho want to join me?

Spokesman Review

Sunday, June 24, 2007

Letters to the editor
    Who will do the hard work?

The immigration bill seems to be getting a lot of opposition. Two letters to the editor in the Spokesman June 21 are an example. William Salmon is railing against both the Democrats and Republicans who are supporting the bill. Robert Sprint is concerned that our borders are not keeping illegal immigrants out.

So, what to recommend? Are they, their offspring, their siblings, their friends ready to pick the strawberries, prune the orchards, do stoop manual labor to replace these intruders? Since most illegal immigrants are here to do the work Americans deign not to do, why can't we work out a way to help them get here legally? But, oh no, perish the thought that we should accept the poor, the uneducated, the willing to work for minimum wage, doing backbreaking jobs.

Misters Salmon and Sprint, do you have a solution?

Joan Harris
    Pullman
    RIP TinybobIdaho -- May God smile upon you in his domain forevermore.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Automation can do alot of work. Most farmers are large corporations earning large profits. Why should we pay for labors for large corporations when they can afford to give a good wage and health insurance if they would lower the CEO salary and the profit. Large corporations can afford the automation necessary to pick fruit. Small farmers can use the ag visas that exist.

Yeah, Ms. Harris - visit my site at http://illegalaliensrunningamuk.blogspot.com and get some reality in your life.
    "This is our culture - fight for it. This is our flag - pick it up. This is our country - take it back." - Congressman Tom Tancredo

Does Idaho Want to Respond to This?

Canada has a "Seasonal Agricultural Worker Program ("SAWP")" which does not lead to Canadian legal residency or citizenship. It is operated primarily in cooperation with the government of (surprise!) Mexico, which itself selects these Mexican workers to work exclusively in agriculture in Canada each year. "SAWP" also fully guarantees the labor rights of these foreign agricultural guestworkers while they are employed by private agricultural operations in Canada.

"SAWP" is outlined at www.hrscd.gc.ca at the webpage of "Human Resources and Social Development Canada" on the official website of the Government of Canada.

The official description of "SAWP" does not say how long this program has been in operation, but we never read about Canadian crops "rotting in the fields"! Thus it sounds like an excellent model to use in revising our H-2A Temporary Worker Program for Agriculture to make that workable both for U.S. farmers, and their seasonal employees from outside our country.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Re: Does Idaho Want To Respond To This?

Quote Originally Posted by tinybobidaho
    I am going to submit a letter to the paper in response to this woman's obvious ignorance of this issue. Anyone else from Idaho want to join me?
    I'm not from Idaho, but I DO have a question for someone who is. WHY is Larry Craig such an open borders guy?

Because Larry Craig is a jerk and he's like Bush. He doesn't listen to the people. He thinks allowing everyone to stay here is the answer to this problem, which tells me he is for big business. He has the same attitude when it comes to other issues, as well. He sides with big business everytime. He's going to get a rude awakening come election time next year.
    RIP TinybobIdaho -- May God smile upon you in his domain forevermore.