Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Donald Trump Interview With 60 Minutes

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Donald Trump Interview With 60 Minutes

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/donald-t...ds-60-minutes/

Donald Trump's "hurricane of words"

Some of the best moments from the 60 Minutes interview in which Scott Pelley challenges the GOP frontrunner, including unaired clips

In this week's 60 Minutes season-opener, Scott Pelley interviews Donald Trump, a man, he says, known to "shoot from the lip." In the clip above, an unaired excerpt from the interview, Pelley pushes Trump to outline the specifics behind his plans.

"You know what makes people uncomfortable about you?" Pelley asks.

"Tell me," Trump says.

"You are a hurricane of words," Pelley says. "But the policies sound a bit like magic."

Trump insists that all will be revealed -- when the time is right. "I'm giving my tax plan next week, you watch. It's gonna reinvigorate the economy, it's gonna bring jobs back. We're taking in billions of dollars in corporate inversions, the money that's over in other countries, billions of dollars are gonna pour back in."

Trump made his own billions in real estate, so it's no surprise that his office in Trump Tower has a magnificent view of Central Park. But while showing it to Pelley in the clip below, Trump remembers a time during the recession of the early 1990s when his empire was in jeopardy. Once, walking with his wife, he compared himself to a destitute man on the street.

"'You see that man? What is he? He's a beggar,' Trump recalls telling his wife. 'Well, right now he's worth $900 million more than I am.' And she said, 'What do you mean, darling? He can't be worth $900 million.' I said, 'Well, let's assume he's worth nothing. But I'm worth minus $900 million.'"

Trump says he managed to turn it around. "I made my greatest deals and kept almost everything, fought like hell, fought the banks, fought everybody. And had great relationships with banks and with people," he says. "Many companies, as you know, were wiped out. And my company today is bigger, stronger, better than it's ever been before."

After seeing his office, Pelley also gets a tour of Trump's surprisingly understated campaign headquarters, a vast, unfinished space in Trump Tower. In the clip below, Pelley asks Trump to identify some big-name supporters.

"I actually have a lot of people that have joined us," he says. "We have generals coming in and joining us. They like what I say about national security. We have a tremendous group of people, but we keep the staff pretty lean."

Noting that the race is kicking into high gear, Pelley points out that Trump was "wringing wet" with sweat at a recent campaign event in New Hampshire. "This is about to become real hard work," Pelley says.

"Yes," Trump agrees. "I think it already is. But I love it. I love doing it. I love the response I'm getting from people."

That response was mixed when Trump introduced his immigration plan, which entails building a giant wall along the border to "keep illegals out" and deporting the roughly 11 million undocumented immigrants already living in the U.S. Trump would "round them up in a very humane way, in a very nice way," he says in the clip below.

Trump compared his deportation plan to one introduced by President Dwight Eisenhower in the 1950s. Trump says Eisenhower deported over a million people, though some research suggests the number may be lower.

While Trump keeps his cool during his interview with Pelley, he has lost it with other reporters, like Megyn Kelly of Fox News and Jorge Ramos of Univision. "I've met tremendous people in the media," he says in the clip below. "But much of it -- and I mean a pretty good percentage -- is really a terrible group of people. They write lies, they write false stories."

Pelley tells Trump that it seems as if the candidate likes to "dish it out, but can't take a punch." Trump insists that's not the case. "Oh, I think I can take it," he says. "I could take it if it's fair."

Throughout the interview, Pelley challenges Trump to disclose details of his platform. He asks Trump, for instance, to reveal his tax plan, which Trump says will include significant tax cuts for the middle class and exempt part of the population from income tax.

"This is 60 Minutes," Pelley presses. "It's time. People want some answers."

Trump assures him it will be worth the wait.

"Nobody knows the tax code better than I do," Trump says. "I'm like a student of the tax code." When it comes out, "I think you will be very proud of me," Trump tells Pelley. "You'll call me and say, 'I'm proud of you, Donald.' I hope."

© 2015 CBS Interactive Inc. All Rights Reserved.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

GO TRUMP!!

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I just wanted to slap Scott Pelley. I never really liked him. He's just an obvious Democrat and uses his bias to be catty, petty and stupid in his interviews. Trump got the best of him though.

Great Job!

I absolutely love Trump's position on letting Russia take care of Syria and China take care of North Korea. This is exactly what we were taught in college when I majored in International Relations and US and Sino (China) and Soviet (Russia) inter-relationships were the game of the day. Its' part of the Balance of Power that is essential to world peace. We need better direct relationships with all countries, but these Balance of Power relationships with our fellow UN Permanent Security Council Members is the key to world peace and prosperity.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/09/27/politi...utes-tax-plan/

Trump on his tax plan: 'Zero rate' for some

By Jeremy Diamond, CNN

Updated 8:13 PM ET, Sun September 27, 2015

(CNN)Donald Trump revealed new details about his tax plan in an interview that aired Sunday, saying that a "large segment" of Americans would pay no federal income taxes.

Disclosing several key planks of his tax reform plan on CBS's "60 Minutes," Trump said he would set a "zero rate" for low-income Americans, cut corporate taxes, and suggested that he would raise taxes on some of the wealthiest Americans.

The plan would either increase tax revenue or keep it at the current level, Trump claimed in the wide-ranging interview in which he also discussed how he would deal with ISIS in Syria and touted his plan for universal health care coverage to replace Obamacare.

Trump will unveil his tax plan in full on Monday, delivering long-sought policy details during an 11 a.m. news conference.

"It's a substantial reduction for the middle-income people. Because our middle class...is being absolutely decimated. It will be a corporate also reduction, I think it'll be a great incentive for corporations," Trump said in the "60 Minutes" interview.

But in what he conceded is a departure from his own party's approach, Trump also vowed to make some of the wealthiest Americans -- namely some Wall Street players -- pay more taxes.

"I'm a pretty good Republican. But I will tell you this, I do have some differences. I don't want to have certain people on Wall Street getting away with paying no tax," Trump said after suggesting that he would eliminate some "unfair deductions."

Trump has repeatedly decried the low tax rates "hedge fund guys" enjoy and pledged to increase their tax burden, although he didn't cite them in the "60 Minutes" segment.

Under the current system, investments are taxes at lower rates than traditional income like wages.

While appearing to go against the ideological grain of his party, Trump said that he is confident his plan will help unleash economic growth.

"Overall, it's going to be a tremendous incentive to grow the economy and we're going to take in the same or more money. And I think we're going to have something that's going to be spectacular," Trump said. "We're going to grow the economy so much."

Trump also offered new insight into how he would deal with ISIS, suggesting that the U.S. -- which has led a bombing campaign against the terrorist group since last summer -- should stop fighting the group in Syria. Instead, he called on Russia to "get rid of ISIS."

While Trump offered new policy details, he remained vague on the specifics of several other aspects of policy under a Trump administration throughout his at-times combative back and forth with CBS anchor Scott Pelley.

When challenged on how he could accomplish many of his policy goals in the American democratic system of checks and balances if Congress and the courts oppose him, Trump offered a simple reply: "Well, we'll see."

On bringing jobs back from other countries like China and Mexico, Trump said he was prepared to engage in a trade war and added that he would stop China from devaluing its currency by the simple fact that other countries will respect him more than they do President Barack Obama.

"They will respect me. They won't be doing it. But here's what we have to do. If they don't come to the table, they're going to have a tax when they put their products into this country. And they're going to behave," Trump said.

And when pressed on his plan for repealing and replacing Obamacare, Trump said he would put in place a plan to ensure universal healthcare coverage -- with the government footing the bill when necessary -- and he pledged to "make a deal with existing hospitals to take care of people."

On that, too, Trump conceded a break with the party whose presidential nomination he is seeking.

"This is an un-Republican thing for me to say because a lot of times they say, 'No, no, the lower 25% they can't afford private.' But I am going to take care of everybody. I -- I don't care if it costs me votes or not. Everybody's going to be taken care of much better than they're taken care of now," said Trump, who has previously expressed support for universal coverage.

The billionaire real estate mogul also admitted he loves hearing about himself, but denied being thin-skinned.

"The media is among the worst people I've ever met. And I mean a pretty good percentage is really a terrible group of people. They write lies, they write false stories. They know they're false. It makes no difference. And frankly I don't call it thin skinned -- I'm angry," Trump said, adding that he could take criticism "if it's fair."

Trump also talked about a family tragedy that has helped shape him: his brother's death to alcoholism.

"I had a brother who was a fantastic guy," Trump said. "He would tell me constantly, 'Don't drink.' And I've never had a drink. I own the largest winery on the east coast and yet I don't drink which is a little weird. But he'd say, 'Don't drink. Don't smoke.' And he would tell me all the time."

http://onpolitics.usatoday.com/2015/...es-60-minutes/

Trump on taxes, ISIS, health care and being more popular than supermodels

By Cooper Allen 3 hours ago

Donald Trump previewed at least a portion of the tax plan he says he’ll roll out in the coming days in a wide-ranging interview on 60 Minutes that aired Sunday.

So what will tax rates look like under a President Trump?

“Substantial reduction for the middle-income people, because our middle class, Scott, is being absolutely decimated,” Trump told CBS News’ Scott Pelley.

“Some very wealthy are going to be raised,” he added. “Some people that are getting unfair deductions are going to be raised.” He wouldn’t get into numbers, saying those would come in the next two days. He did note, though, that under his plan “there will be a large segment of our country that will have a zero rate” and that tax cuts for the middle class would be “significant.”

Some portions of the interview had already been released by CBS in the days leading up to Sunday’s show, such as Trump calling the North American Free Trade Agreement a “disaster” that he would either renegotiate or “break.”

In the segment that aired Sunday night, Pelley asked Trump about Obamacare.

“Obamacare’s going to be repealed and replaced,” Trump said. “Obamacare is a disaster.”

That’s not exactly a surprising thing to hear from a leading Republican presidential candidate, but Trump followed that with what he acknowledged was an “un-Republican thing for me to say” pledging “to take care of everybody” when it comes to health care.

How will he do that? He said he’d cut a deal with hospitals to take care of everyone, and that “the government’s gonna pay for it, but we’re going to save so much money on the other side,” though he also suggested that “for the most part, it’s going to be a private plan.”

As for foreign policy, Pelley asked Trump how he’d combat the Islamic State.

“These people are totally a disaster,” he said.

Trump said, when it came to the terror group’s presence in Syria, the Obama administration had the wrong approach. Rather than actively target them now, he said the U.S. should let the Islamic State and President Bashar al-Assad’s forces fight between themselves, then come in after.

He also suggested another way: “Maybe let Russia do it. Let’em get rid of ISIS. What the hell do we care?”

As for the Islamic State’s presence in Iraq, he called for a more aggressive approach, saying “you got to knock them out.” He added that ground troops should be used if necessary.

Nearly any extended discussion of Trump inevitably turns to the man himself and his larger-than-life persona.

Pelley noted that Trump’s office walls are adorned almost entirely with magazine covers of himself.

“It’s cheaper than wallpaper,” the billionaire businessman deadpanned, before offering this explanation for his ubiquitous media presence.

“I’m on a lot of covers,” he said. “I think maybe more than almost any supermodel. I think more than any supermodel. But in a way, that’s a sign of respect.”

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...b0af3706dcb3c3

Donald Trump Previews His Tax Plan: Many Taxpayers 'Will Have A Zero Rate'

Trump added he was talking about "people in the low-income brackets that are supposed to be paying taxes, many of them don't anyway."

Posted: 09/27/2015 07:14 PM EDT | Edited: 34 minutes ago

WASHINGTON, Sept 27 (Reuters) - Republican presidential front-runner Donald Trump said in an interview that aired on Sunday on the eve of the unveiling of his tax plan that a "large segment" of U.S. taxpayers would have a zero rate if he wins the White House.

Trump's campaign has scheduled a news conference for 11 a.m. (1500 GMT) on Monday in New York to announce a tax policy it said would offer "a major tax reduction for almost all citizens and corporations, in particular, those in the middle and lower income classes."

Pressed about the specific numbers during an interview on CBS' "60 Minutes" on Sunday, Trump said: "I will say this, there will be a large segment of our country that will have a zero rate, a zero rate. And that's something I haven't told anybody."

Trump added he was talking about "people in the low-income brackets that are supposed to be paying taxes, many of them don't anyway."

Saying the middle class was "being absolutely decimated," Trump promised middle-income earners would get a substantial tax cut under his plan. He added his corporate tax reduction would be "a great incentive" for companies.

Asked on whom he would increase taxes, Trump, a billionaire real estate mogul, said: "Some very wealthy are going to be raised. Some people that are getting unfair deductions are going to be raised."

"I'm a pretty good Republican," added Trump when asked about the party's general opposition to tax increases. "But I will tell you this, I do have some differences. I don't want to have certain people on Wall Street getting away with paying no tax."

In an interview last month on CBS' "Face the Nation," Trump said that under the current tax system, many hedge fund managers were "getting away with murder" by not paying their fair share of taxes.

His overall tax plan, Trump told "60 Minutes" was "going to be a tremendous incentive to grow the economy and we're going to take in the same or more money." (Reporting by Peter Cooney; Editing by Eric Walsh)

http://www.cnn.com/2015/09/27/politi...ia-60-minutes/

Trump: Let Putin fight ISIS in Syria

By Jeremy Diamond, CNN

Updated 8:16 PM ET, Sun September 27, 2015

Washington (CNN)Donald Trump wants to flip the U.S. strategy against ISIS on its head, drawing down the America's involvement in fighting the militant group in Syria in favor of a greater Russian presence.

While most of his fellow Republican presidential hopefuls are calling for a bigger military effort to destroy the group, Trump said the U.S. should reduce its already small footprint in Syria. And in Iraq, Trump said he would be willing to send round forces to fight the radical militant group.

"Now let me just say this: ISIS in Syria, (Syrian President Bashar el) Assad in Syria, Assad and ISIS are mortal enemies. We go in to fight ISIS. Why aren't we letting ISIS go and fight Assad and then we pick up the remnants?" Trump said in a "60 Minutes" interview that aired Sunday on CBS.

Alternatively, the GOP front-runner said the U.S. should let Russia take the lead in battling ISIS in Syria, where the Russian government is allied with the Assad regime.

"Russia wants to get rid of ISIS. We want to get rid of ISIS. Maybe let Russia do it. Let them get rid of ISIS. What the hell do we care?" Trump said.

Russia has recently beefed up its presence in Syria and is allied with the Syrian government, but has not yet shown a willingness to directly fight ISIS.

The top U.S. military brass has cautiously eyed Russia's increased involvement in Syria -- welcoming Russian efforts to help fight ISIS but cautious of Russian attempts to keep Assad's Syrian regime in power in favor of U.S.-backed rebels.

If a Trump administration would draw down the U.S.'s presence in Syria -- where the U.S. has sought to train and arm a small number of moderate rebels while also leading an international bombing campaign against ISIS -- Trump as commander in chief would beef up U.S. military operations in Iraq.

"Look with ISIS in Iraq, you got to knock them out. You got to knock them out. You got to fight them. You got to fight them," he said on "60 Minutes."

Trump's plans for confronting ISIS have also included bombing "the hell" out of Iraqi oil fields to keep the group from benefiting financially -- a plan military experts have slammed as a foolhardy.

Hey 6o Minutes and all the MSM media:
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

WTG TRUMP
    GO & KICK ASS YOUR OUR YOU ARE 100 % RIGHT WHY DON'T EVERY AL,L LISTEN TO HIM
    & STOP ALL THE BS . & GET HIM IN THE WH YOU ALL KNOW HE IS RIGHT SO STOP THE BS OBAMA IS NOT DOING HIS JOB AT ALL BUT TRUMP IS KNOW WHAT HE DOING GO GET A LIFE .i SEE EVERY ONE IS KICKING TRUMP DOWN . WHY HE CAN DO MORE THEN OBAMA IS DOING . STOP ASKING HOW IS HE GOING TO THIS JUST GET TRUMP IN THE WH THE HELL, WITH THE POLL I WANT HIM HE DON'T LIE THAT WHAT I LIKE ABOUT HIM
    GOOD LUCK TRUMP

SCOTT PELLY 60 MIN
    SPEAK FOR YOUR SELF I NOT UNCOMFORTABLE WITH WHAT TRUMP,HAS TO SAY HE IS 100 % RIGHT IN EVERY WORD . HE DON'T LIE LIKE ALL OF THE NEW'S & OBAMA & OUR GOV
    EVERY ONE OF YOU QUESTION HIM HOW YOU GOING TO THIS & HOW ARE YOU GOING TO THAT WELL GET HIM IN THE WH & SEE FOR,YOUR SELF OBAMA IS NOT DOING HIS JOB AT ALL & YOU DON'T QUESTION HIM ON ANY THING DO YOU .YOU ALL KISS HIS ASS TRUMP WILL BE ABETTER LEADER FOR OUR COUNTRY . & YOU ALL THIS . WHY DON'T YOU GO & LISTEN YOU THE SAVAGE STATION HE WILL TELL YOU ALL A THING OR TWO . HE TELL IT LIKE
    TRUMP IS % 100RIGHT IN EVERY THING HE SAID & YOU ALL KNOW THIS
    GOOD LUCK TRUMP