Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Donald Trump polls Texas audience on the fate of 11 million people

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Donald Trump polls Texas audience on the fate of 11 million people

Donald Trump polls Texas audience on the fate of 11 million people

By Jenna Johnson August 25 at 1:22 AM

Donald Trump brings border patrol members and mothers whose sons were killed by immigrants to the stage during a rally in Austin. (Drew Anthony Smith/Getty Images)

As Donald Trump continues to weigh the pros and cons of forcefully deporting the roughly 11 million immigrants living illegally in the United States, he turned to the resource that has been his most reliable adviser throughout his tumultuous presidential campaign: the polls.

"I'll ask the audience," Trump said Tuesday during an immigration-focused town hall in Austin that was hosted by Fox News and broadcast on Wednesday night. "You have somebody who is terrific, who has been here ... a long time. A long court proceeding, long everything, okay? In other words, to get them out, can we go through a process or do you think they have to get out? Tell me. I mean, I don't know. You tell me. I want to know."

Fox News's Sean Hannity, who was moderating the event, jumped in to help execute this spur-of-the-moment poll, asking the crowd: "How many think they should go?"

The crowd loudly cheered, and it was unclear if that was the reaction Trump wanted or not, as his exact position on mass deportations has become murky.

"Do it again. Do it again," Trump said. "So, let me ask you, because this is like, this place is packed. Does everybody get this kind of a crowd?"

"No," Hannity told Trump with a laugh. "No."

Trump then posed his question to the crowd for a second time and made the theoretical illegal immigrant someone the crowd could more easily sympathize with: "You have somebody that has been in the country for 20 years. He has done a great job, has a job, everything else, okay? Do we take him and the family — her or him or whatever — and send them out?"

"No!" some people in the crowd shouted.

"Or," Trump said, then laying out why that illegal immigrant might not be quite such a sympathetic case because he or she jumped the line and "that's a little unfair" to those who came in legally. After mulling this conundrum aloud, Trump tried his poll question a third time.

"So do we tell these people to get out, No. 1, or do we work with them and let them stay in some cases," Trump said, as the crowd broke into shouting.

It was impossible to know who wanted what. Trump decided to set a baseline and ask a question that everyone could agree on.

"So the bad ones? The gang members, all of them, what do you think?" Trump said as the crowd cheered the deportation of immigrants who have broken the law. "Does anybody disagree on the gang members?"

The crowd responded in unison: "Noooo!"

"Is there one person?" Trump said. "Yeah, there's a gang member over there. Okay, there is one person?"

Trump then told the crowd of the one deportation position that he has committed to: quickly deporting all illegal immigrants who have committed a crime, although he has not said how severe of a crime it must be.

"They're going to be gone like so fast your head will spin," Trump said. "Okay? So that's easy."

Trump then returned to the not-so-easy question facing him and conducted a fifth poll.

"So, now we have the person — 20 years been an upstanding person, the family is great, everyone is great," Trump said. "Do we throw them out or do we work with them?"

Trump gave two clear voting options: "No. 1, we'll say: Throw out. No. 2, we work with them. Ready? No. 1."

The crowd cheered and clapped.

"No. 2," Trump said.

The crowd again cheered and clapped a bit louder, seeming to suggest more support for not deporting all 11 million people.

Hannity then interrupted Trump's game-show-style poll and tried to bring the conversation back to what the candidate himself believes.

Hannity repeated Trump's position back to him for confirmation: Originally, Trump said "they're all out and there was a big brouhaha" but now the candidate is "sort of indicating that there will be some flexibility" for immigrants who have been in the country for a long time and are upstanding citizens.

[Many Trump supporters don't believe his wildest promises -- and they don't care]

"But here's the big question, though," Hannity said.

"Go ahead," Trump said with a sigh.

"No citizenship?" Hannity asked.

"No citizenship," Trump said, as the crowd clapped. "No citizenship."

Hannity then turned to crowd: "Everyone agree with that?"

The crowd loudly cheered — perhaps it was as loud as they cheered for that winning option seconds earlier but, frankly, the whole room was cheering for everything Trump was saying without much measurable difference.

"Let me go a step further," Trump said. "They will pay back taxes. They have to pay taxes. There's no amnesty as such. There's no amnesty. But we work with them."

Trump then tried polling the audience a seventh time, again describing an immigrant with a family who has "been here for 15 or 20 years."

"Look, this is like a poll," Trump said. "There's thousands of people in this room. Who wants those people thrown out?"

A man in the audience bellowed: "I do!"

"Well, who wants them, who wants them?" Trump said, searching for support for a position that he once criticized. "Who's the guy who wants them thrown out? ... Stand up, stand up!"

The camera panned to a yelling man with white hair wearing a T-shirt over a dress shirt. Others could be seen standing and shouting while most of the audience sat and listened to the sound of conflicted division.

Trump tried the poll an eighth time.

"So who wants to — by the way, no amnesty, no citizenship, et cetera — who doesn't want them thrown out?" Trump said. "Who does not want them thrown out?"

As the crowd cheered, Hannity again tried to bring it back to Trump.

"Mr. Trump, that raises a really important question. ... What does your gut tell you you want to do?" Hannity said.

"Well, look, this is like a poll, this is like a poll," said Trump, whose whole candidacy has revolved around poll numbers, which lately have fallen out of his favor. "And I love that guy that stood up and said — where is that guy? I love this guy. This is my guy."

Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump has said over and over he would force undocumented immigrants to leave the country as president. Now a meeting with a Hispanic advisory panel and statements from his surrogates are calling into question whether that's still the plan. (Sarah Parnass/The Washington Post)

Trump's stubborn opposition to illegal immigration was at the heart of his unexpected success in the Republican primaries, and he earned the loyalty of conservatives who appreciated his political incorrectness. Trump was the guy who told his fellow Republican candidates to speak English, not Spanish, and mocked those who tried to approach immigration reform with empathy. He embraced immigration positions that had long existed at the fringes of the Republican Party, opposing birthright citizenship, calling for the construction of a wall on the southern border and promising to deport all 11 million immigrants illegally in the country.

But suddenly in the past few days, Trump has started to sound like those establishment Republicans, the senators and governors who insisted months ago during the primary that immigration reform was an issue the party had to embrace and should embrace.

"I mean, I get it. I get it. And I understand what you're saying," Trump said, talking directly to the supporter who stood to yell, subtly reminding the nominee of the risks of dramatically changing his position. "But this is sort of like a poll, and this is what I'm getting all over the country. ... We're going to come out with a decision very soon."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...illion-people/
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

See? What was quoted in CNN and even by Fox News in its promo was not accurate. These were not Trump's positions, these were hypothetical scenarios he posed to the audience in multiple polls to get a feel for what the audience thought should be done with illegal aliens already here on Hannity.

This controversy shouldn't even exist. It's all because Kellyanne Conway went on CNN State of the Union on Sunday and said Trump's policy on illegal aliens in the US was "TO BE DETERMINED" in response to the dishonest report by Univision that Trump had changed his policy which was an outright lie by Univision.

Trump needs to come out in the next day or so and tell the public the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth about this issue.

1. Our country can not afford illegal aliens
    2. Our citizens need the jobs and resources now being absorbed by illegal aliens
    3. Our laws can not be broken by illegal aliens and then forgiven, because it's unfair to both citizens and legal immigrants
    4. Our laws require that illegal aliens be deported and the job of a President of the United States is to enforce the laws

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

This report is very disturbing. It sounds like Pro Amnesty Sean Hannity may be trying to help Donald Trump lead his campaign into a pro immigration reform amnesty stance! That would be a disaster for Trump's campaign or Presidency. Here is the video for us to analyze.

Last edited by ALIPAC; 08-25-2016 at 11:17 AM.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

W, I thought Sean seemed to be pulling him into that as well! I didn't realize Sean was Pro-Amnesty, that explains why the promo for the second night had the misleading headlines that caused the "media to confuse the media". Shame on Sean!!!

Well, lets hope Trump sticks to his guns and continues on with his correct message of enforcing our laws which requires the deportations he knows are necessary to solve the problem.

Based on his Tweet last night, he wants to "Build the Wall and Enforce the Law". This was long after the taping of the Hannity show the day before.

Another thought on this. I've posted it elsewhere but want to reiterate here. Trump is going after Clinton on the emails, Clinton Foundation, and pay to play schemes. Fine. But, and hear me on this, the voters who are with her now or leaning towards her don't care about any of that. She's a Crook. We know that. They know that. But Democrats don't care about that. They never have, so long as it's Their Crook. Unless the FBI hauls her away in hand-cuffs in September, these issues are not going to impact the election.

What Trump needs to go after Hillary on are immigration and trade issues. And for the next couple of weeks or more, focus on the harm she and the Democrats have caused to All Americans because of their open borders immigration policies. Jobless Americans of all colors and backgrounds, especially our unemployed and lower income workers, the 47% have been hurt the most. Illegal aliens currently hold more than 8 million jobs in the US. 8 million or more. These are legitimate jobs taken illegally by illegal aliens. This not only deprives 8 million American Workers of a job, it depresses wages and hours for other Americans. Illegal immigration steals jobs in enormous numbers from black Americans, and yes, even Hispanic and Latino Americans, not only in employed situations but in small business opportunities as well. And they steal jobs and businesses from white Americans tool. Illegal aliens have put most American Landscaping companies out of business because they can't afford to compete with illegal alien owned businesses who don't follow the law. Illegal aliens put many construction workers out of work and illegal alien owned construction enterprises put American businesses out of business.

THIS IS NOT FAIR. This causes higher unemployment and grows poverty which all Americans have to pay for.

You can't put Americans First if you allow illegal aliens to continue to steal jobs and businesses from Americans.

You can't stop them from stealing jobs and businesses from Americans, if they're allowed to remain in the country.

Illegal aliens have to go!! All of them, families intact, no child left behind.

This doesn't make me or anyone else a "hard-liner". It just means we're right. If Americans don't stand up for each other, then we not only no longer have a nation with borders, we no longer have a loyalty to each other, and without that, we have no country at all.
    Last edited by Judy; 08-25-2016 at 11:57 AM.

According to Numbers USA voter guide....
    In a town hall with Sean Hannity this August, Trump indicated that he would be open to issuing work permits for millions of aliens who had been in the country illegally for more than 15 years, possibly after new enforcement measures are in place.

The big influx started in '03 up in the northeast area - less than 15 yrs ago, so it would mean most have to go. And rightfully so, we were massively invaded under gw & obama with their blessings.

It would be a blessing for American citizens to have those millions out of here. The amount that was here before '01 is nothing compared to since then. Let''s get rid of the them with the criminals. Using e verify, no social services for anchor babies will send a lot back home.

https://www.numbersusa.com/content/e...-hopefuls.html
    Last edited by artist; 08-25-2016 at 12:56 PM.