Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Donald Trump will remain EP on 'Celebrity Apprentice'

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Donald Trump will remain EP on 'Celebrity Apprentice'

Donald Trump will remain EP on 'Celebrity Apprentice'

by Dylan Byers @CNNMoney December 8, 2016: 8:20 PM ET

Trump's foreign conflicts of interest aren't going away

Donald Trump will remain as an executive producer on NBC's "Celebrity Apprentice," even while serving as president of the United States.

That agreement, first reported by Variety and confirmed by sources at NBC and the Trump campaign, means the president will have an interest in a show aired by a media company that also reports on his presidency -- a major conflict of interest for the network.

"The Apprentice," which Trump hosted for 14 seasons, was created by Mark Burnett and is owned and produced by MGM. The 15th season, hosted by former California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger, will air on NBC starting January 2.

NBC Entertainment, NBC News and MGM all did not immediately respond to requests for comment regarding the decision to keep Trump as an executive producer.

It is unclear how much Trump will be paid per episode.

Hope Hicks, a Trump spokesperson, told CNNMoney: "Mr. Trump has a big stake in the show and conceived of it with Mark Burnett."

Burnett, who had distanced himself from Trump in October by criticizing "the hatred, division and misogyny" of his campaign, met with the president-elect this week and, according to The New York Times, may be planning to produce his inauguration.

According to Variety, Trump's name will air after Burnett's during the credit sequence and before Schwarzenegger, who is also an executive producer.

Trump last hosted "Celebrity Apprentice" in February 2015, before running for president. In July 2015, NBC announced that it would cut all business ties with Trump due to his remarks about Mexican immigrants being criminals and rapists.

Trump's ties to NBC further became an issue after The Washington Post published a tape from "Access Hollywood" in which Trump bragged about groping women.

Correction: The original version of this story incorrectly reported that NBC would be paying Trump for his role as executive producer.

CNNMoney (New York) First published December 8, 2016: 6:34 PM ET

http://money.cnn.com/2016/12/08/medi...-ep/index.html
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

LOL!! And Paul Ryan thinks he can outsmart Trump? Not in a lifetime on his best day.

Way To Go Trump!!! STAND YOUR GROUND!!! Brought them to their knees. So funny!!

When Michael Moore said that the Trump Presidency would be the greatest FXCK YOU the world has ever seen, he was absolutely right.

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump 10 hours ago
    Reports by @CNN that I will be working on The Apprentice during my Presidency, even part time, are ridiculous & untrue - FAKE NEWS!

Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump 13 hours ago
    I have NOTHING to do with The Apprentice except for fact that I conceived it with Mark B & have a big stake in it. Will devote ZERO TIME!

Thank you Jean!! I saw that tweet earlier today but wasn't sure what to do with it, it didn't seem enough for a thread, so I'm really glad you found this thread and added it. Perfect. Great job.

They just can't outmaneuver him, can they?

LOL! It's going to be a fun 8 years!!

I love your Santa Kitty!!!