Don't let the smug, DC laughing class, mock America out of existence.

Daniel Bongino

09/14/2014

Over the past few weeks I've read a number of articles about DC insiders, from both the elected and bureaucratic-classes, being "surprised" by American public opinion on a range of topics.

Whether it be the "surprise" backlash against the proposed presidential amnesty plan, or the "surprise" at the shift in public opinion on ISIS, the DC elites seem to be consistently caught flat-footed.

They may be surprised, but I'm not. While on Capitol Hill this week, and speaking at a press conference with the family of one of the victims of the Benghazi terror attacks, I watched a number of Capitol Hill staffers and members walk by with that smug, smart-ass look, that only an insulated career in Washington DC can impart upon their out-of-touch faces.

You see, to them this is all a game. A grieving family's request for simple answers about the death of their son is nothing more than a smug look and a "phony-scandal" sound bite to them. This is all a House of Cards to be gamed for the preservation and consolidation of power, and the very idea that there's a growing body of beyond-frustrated and angry Americans, fed up with this garbage, is nothing more than a joke at one of their evening cocktail parties.

Whether it be the insider-establishment putting their boots on the necks of grassroots candidates, or Secretary of State Kerry slyly looking into the camera and telling you we're not at war as the bombs are dropping, the DC insider-crowd has grown into a nearly separate and distinct society which lives completely insulated from what they call "flyover country."

Well, what they call "flyover country", the rest of us call Home. Having spent nearly all of my last eighteen-months on the streets, at the county fairs, walking in the parades, and knocking on your doors, I can firmly attest to the fact that the DC insider-class has abandoned real America, and is relying on a compliant press corps to keep the illusion going.

How this story ends is up to you. This cannot continue without the consent of the governed. Changing tomorrow will neither be quick nor easy, but it is most definitely possible. Apathy and surrender are not in our makeup.

We were born of a nearly impossible revolution against the world's mightiest army, and have emerged victorious over a Great Depression, two World Wars, the scourge of slavery, Communism, Fascism, a Civil War, and crises too numerous to count. This is not all by chance. We are different because we've never accepted second-best and, despite this perilous time, we are still the world's greatest super-power.

Don't let the smug, DC laughing class, mock America out of existence. Take hold of tomorrow by acting today. Speak up loudly, show up often, and change our tomorrows by doing something today.
-Dan

https://www.facebook.com/dan.bongino?fref=nf

Dan would know...