Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Don't pump gas on May 15th

[color=blue]For what it’s worth, I got this in the email and thought I’d share with you folks here.
    Has anyone else heard about this “gas outâ€
    <div>&ldquo;There is no longer any Left or Right, there is only Tyranny or Liberty &rdquo;</div>

These don't work.

The best thing you can do is get a fuel efficient car. I just got a 2007 Toyota Yaris sedan that gets 40 MPG city and up to 50 MPG hwy without the Hybrid price tag. I have put 100 miles on it and so far have used only a quarter tank. This feels good.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Not a good idea, even though well-intentioned. Everyone will just get gas on the 16th or 17th. We need fuel, unfortunately.

Ostrich

Gas is now over $3.50 a
    gallon in most places.
    Diesel is now $ 4.80 gallon in SoCal and is expected to go up .30 next week.
    Needless to say my new Dodge truck is parked in the garage and my toy hauler will be unused this summer. I have talked with allot of people with recreational vehicles that have either canceled or shortened their vacation plans for this summer. We had a trip planned to the State of Washington this summer about 1500 miles each way that is now suspended. No way I am paying over $5 for fuel I will ride a bike first.

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldogger
    Gas is now over $3.50 a
    gallon in most places.
    Needless to say my new Dodge truck is parked in the garage and my toy hauler will be unused this summer. I have talked with allot of people with recreational vehicles that have either canceled or shortened their vacation plans for this summer. We had a trip planned to the State of Washington this summer about 1500 miles each way that is now suspended. No way I am paying over $5 for fuel I will ride a bike first.
    Same here. My spouse has an F350 and our toy hauler sat out this desert season. If we get out for any camping, it will be local. I think it's time to look into alternative fuels for our diesels. Actually, this should have been done long ago...
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

AE

Well Bulldogger, you could just come to Oregon, it's a little closer ...

We have a 2000 Plymouth Grand Voyager, and it takes about $65.00 to fill up on unleaded, which is about, what, $3.75 a gallon here (we think we have about an 18 gallon tank), it hurts. We are driving a lot less, and my husband has always taken light rail and buses to work, which is $75.00 a month already.

We have been taking local only trips to avoid spending a huge amount on gas, but this summer I want one good out of state trip, and it likely will be to Idaho (the kids and I want to go hunting for opals and garnets), which really isn't too bad for us (just over by I-84 and maybe one other highway). We had hoped to secure a small fixer-upper travel trailer to haul (we have a 2" ball), but have yet to, so we might end up borrowing a friends tent gear (which will mean leaving behind one of the seats to fit all of the equipment and stuff in..... Oh the fights while my two sit closely together for hundreds of miles...)
    “In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot.â€

Gas is now over $3.50 a
    gallon in most places.
    I paid $3.59 for regular here at Valero this morning (average here is $3.65). Diesel is $4.25. A few months ago I finally had to trade in my F-150 4x4. It had 35" tires with a 4 inch lift. Got about 11 mpg. It was killing me. Now I have a new Xterra that get at least gets about 20mpg. I am sorry, I just won't buy one of these tiny cars I can't get in and out of.

I checked Metro here as a possible alternative. It would take me over 2 hours to get to work using the park n ride. I have a 25 mile commute so a bicycle is out of the question. I may have to break down and get a motorcycle and use it on the days when it is not raining.

Like you, we have canceled out vacation plans for the summer.
    Certified Member
    The Sons of the Republic of Texas

Quote Originally Posted by SicNTiredInSoCal
    Gas is now over $3.50 a
    gallon in most places.
    Same here. My spouse has an F350 and our toy hauler sat out this desert season. If we get out for any camping, it will be local. I think it's time to look into alternative fuels for our diesels. Actually, this should have been done long ago...
    You may want to look at www.greasecar.com I thinking about buying a Mercedes and doing the same. Now if I cannot get used cooking oil, bulk is still cheaper than gas. I'll just have to get a storage tank.
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

Im forwarding this to my diesel driving friends and family. The main drawback to these is that you have to go around to restaruants and harvest the grease yourself. A lot of drivers just don't have the time.

As for me, it would be well worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by SicNTiredInSoCal
    Im forwarding this to my diesel driving friends and family. The main drawback to these is that you have to go around to restaruants and harvest the grease yourself. A lot of drivers just don't have the time.

As for me, it would be well worth it.
    May be a business opportunity, collecting and filtering the grease. Just dont sell it as fuel, otherwise their will be taxes involved.
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast