Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DREAM act paper

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

i didnt say they were all weak, i said i found the same argument over and over in all the articles about the dream act. but i guess is because all comes down to (they are illegal and they dont deserve any benefits), which i understand. i already finished the paper, is not a debate paper im just analysing the dream act as a whole and its repercusion on our country. thanks for your help.

Quote Originally Posted by duhasstmich
    i didnt say they were all weak, i said i found the same argument over and over in all the articles about the dream act. but i guess is because all comes down to (they are illegal and they dont deserve any benefits), which i understand. i already finished the paper, is not a debate paper im just analysing the dream act as a whole and its repercusion on our country. thanks for your help.
    Well I think you picked a good subject and hope you get an A+, at least you were will to go out and get opinions and information. Good Luck with school!!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Why don't you paste and copy your paper on here so we can critique it. Might find some spelling errors or sentence structure problems in addition to rounding out the facts.

Well, you said the opposite: that they were not strong. So I just surmised that you meant they were weak.

The fact that you found the same argument over and over again is a testament to how consistent we are. We are united on this front.

Yes, as slyhunter said, give us a copy of your paper. I would so love to know what college-level people think about this issue, being as most college students are politically apathetic.

Oh, if you plagerized me, that is ok. I don't mind at all. I have never been published or quoted, so that is a compliment to me.
    PRESS 1 FOR ENGLISH. PRESS 2 FOR DEPORTATION.

Someone on the Dream Act forum asking for help with the conclusion of his paper. http://www.dreamact.info/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3414 Different name same person?

The paper he put out there ain't 8 pages and it ain't college material. It reads as if the author came to a conclusion before creating the paper and then did research to prove his conclusion true. It doesn't read as an honest paper which researches the data and allows the data to tell the paper what the conclusion should be. This paper is deffinitely an F paper even for a highschool paper.

Just in case it gets deleted or something.
    [quote]i havent written a conclusion yet, not i have edited it yet. i just want to know if my facts are straight, and what do u think. ideas thinks i can add. thanks

In the year of 1996 a bill passed in the House of Representatives denying any kind of higher education after high school to any person residing illegally in the US. This past week another bill (Development, Relief, and Education for Alien Minors Act of 2005' or the `DREAM Act of 2005'.) that has been discussed in the House of Representatives and also in the senate a couple times, got only 52 votes of the 60 it needed. The bill would have granted a temporary resident status to all illegal students that came to the US before the age of 16, have resided here at least 5 years before the legislation have passed and have received or were going to receive their high school diploma. In overall the bill is aimed to sons/daughters of illegal aliens that were brought to the US when they were very young, and could not look forward getting higher education after being outstanding students in their high schools. Most of these teenagers, and young adults are here illegally, do not have a social security number and hence cannot apply to a college or university, nor be granted any kind of scholarships or federal aid. It is a shame that the DREAM Act did not have enough votes to pass, it is even worst that many Americans oppose and demonize the bill. Maybe we should put all the rage that some people have against illegal immigrants and see that these kids and young adults someday will be an asset to America. Ultimately it is not the children’s fault that they were brought here by their parents when they were very young, they had no choice but to followed them where they went. There is no reason why children should be punished for the mistakes of their parents.
    People who oppose the DREAM Act usually say that illegal aliens are here illegally; therefore they should not be granted any kind of federal aid or they should go back to their countries and apply legally like most legal immigrants do. If illegal aliens leave the US to try to apply from their home country, they would have to wait for 10 years before applying and most likely their request would be denied because they have already been in the US illegally. Also it is really hard for a person living in a third world country to be granted an immigrant visa in a rich country, most of the people that gets those visas have a good job and own properties. If that would be the case illegal aliens would not leave their home country in the first place. Even though these kids are here illegally, most of them feel American because they grew up here. They did not have any memories of their home country and for them to get deported or go back to their country would be like sending an American kid to live in Mexico. To punish these kids for something their parents did seems a bit like punishing a child for his mother stealing a piece of bread to feed him.
    Some people who oppose the DREAM Act may argue that illegal aliens already got K-12 education paid for and also have used health care benefits so that should be enough for them. The only health care benefits that illegal aliens can get are basic ones such as emergency. Also illegal aliens do pay taxes (1) many of them forge documents to work, hence they get tax deduction taken out of their paycheck, deductions that they will never see because they do not qualify for SS benefits. Comparing the tax deduction and how much they contribute to the American economy (2) you could say that the least their child deserves is the right to higher education it is not fair that they will give education only until the 12th grade and then tell them they do not have anything else for them. Most of them only want to be treated as human beings not as criminals, they consider themselves Americans and it is not their fault they are here illegally.
    Many that oppose the DREAM Act argue that the beneficiaries will eventually become citizens, and therefore fast-track their family a path of citizenship. This argument is one of the biggest immigration myths of all. The bill offers anything but such a “fast-trackâ€

I could fill 20 pages at least with reasons against the dream act.

Here's a couple that are just off the top of my head.

1. The Dream Act insults immigrant students here legally.
    They have to pay full tution and all fees - why should the illegals get rewarded? Won't this teach future student immigrants to cheat to save tuition money?

2. Illegal students and families are IN DEBT to America.
    Supposedly, the "student" has been here for years and years (brought as a child) with illegal parents. That's years and years of free schooling, evading taxes and Lord knows what other benefits they have scammed. The whole family has probably racked up at least $100k in debt to our country and now they want more coupons and incentives. Abso-freekin-lutely-not.
    The John McCain Call Center
    [img]http://news.bbc.co.uk/olmedia/815000/images/_818096_foxphone150.jpg[/]

here's another...

3. American students who have generations of family contributing to this country by paying taxes, serving in the military, etc. would have to pay full tuition to attend a college in this country if they did not establish residency. It's ridiculous that someone could sneak into the country at 15, go to school on the taxpayers dime for 3 years and have their parents pay no taxes and then get a tuition break. It's unfair to Americans.

4. The Dream Act claims to have "strict educational requirements" but in reality only requires a student to have at the minimum a GED and attend 2 years of college in 5 or 6 years (I haven't read the latest text of lies). That seems pretty slack to me, and a GED is NOT the "best and brightest" and if it is, then that is MORE INCENTIVE to deport their stupid asses.
    The John McCain Call Center
    [img]http://news.bbc.co.uk/olmedia/815000/images/_818096_foxphone150.jpg[/]

Is "paragraphing" not taught in schools anymore? It is so hard to read a run-on paragraph. I tend to skip sentences.

His paper sounds more like an editorial or an op-ed piece. Well, maybe that was the assignment given.

I would give him an F for not using paragraphs. LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by slyhunter
    Someone on the Dream Act forum asking for help with the conclusion of his paper. http://www.dreamact.info/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3414 Different name same person?
    Yeah, same person. ---> mein herz brennt

U.S.A.- for legal citizens, not illegals!
    When I first read this guys (I guess it is a guy) post, I didn't trust him. It looked to me as if he was an OBL, pro-illegal, and a dreamie.

His goal probably was to claim he was in high school, purposely misspell words as if to really appear as a high schooler, and collect information from ALIPACer's on what their reasons were why they are against the dream act.

Then he will use this information in some little article he is writing and write something like-"you see, those racist ALIPACer's don't have any good reasons why we shouldn't have the dream act blah...blah...blah..."

Sorry, but the dream act was SQUASHED 5 TIMES because most Americans seen through that hoax as it is nothing more than amnesty.
    The National Council of LaRaza is the largest*hate group.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12