Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

DREAM Act UPDATE - Vote on Wednesday

Was listening to C-Span2 this morning. Reid announced that he will file cloture on the Dream Act Monday Night. He expects the vote to occur on it sometime Wednesday. They have an impeachment trial for a judge to conduct which is scheduled for all day Tuesday and may run into Wednesday - but they do expect to do all the cloture amendment votes sometime Wednesday.

ALL HANDS ON DECK FOR WEDNESDAY TO STOP THE DREAM ACT.

April
    LETS FILL THOSE VOICE MAILS THIS WEEKEND PATRIOTS!!!! WE HAVE TO KEEP PUSHING THEM BACK!

I am so sick of having to play the roll of ICE and the American military on our own soil in order to protect our children from foreign invaders!

When are TPTB going to protect our children?

Why do I have to babysit our elected officials and beg them to enforce our immigration laws for the sake of our children!?

These pro-a path to citizenship politicians are a bunch of elite elected officials who live behind iron gates and play safely with their privately schooled children, while at our schools the parents have to stand guard at the bathrooms so their children can use the toilet and be kept safe from the freaking Latino gang bangers?!
    Ron Paul in 2011 "[...]no amnesty should be granted. Maybe a 'green card' with an asterisk should be issued[...]a much better option than deportation."

The Hill
    Reid on schedule: No Christmas work
    By J. Taylor Rushing - 12/04/10 11:36 AM ET

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) on Saturday said Democrats plan to move forward next week on several votes including the DREAM act to establish U.S. citizenship for children of illegal immigrants.

Speaking midway through a rare Saturday morning session on tax-cut votes, Reid said he will file procedural motions on Monday to set up cloture votes on Wednesday for an impeachment proceeding against a judge and various other procedural motions including the DREAM Act. Reid said he made the decision based on agreements with GOP Leader Mitch McConnell (Ky.).

Reid said after Wednesday, he is hopeful that an agreement between the White House and congressional leaders will be in place regarding the 2001 and 2003 tax cuts, as well as a continuing resolution to keep funding the government. Reid said he also hoped to squeeze in votes on the START arms control treaty between the U.S. and Russia, as well as a defense authorization measure that includes a repeal of the "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" policy regarding gays in the military.

Alluding to last year's Christmas Eve votes on the healthcare reform bill, Reid said he planned to adjourn the chamber on Friday, Dec. 17, for Christmas recess.

"We all know where we were last year on Christmas Eve," Reid said. "We don't want to be in the same place this Christmas Eve."

Source:
    http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing- ... stmas-work
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Reid said he made the decision based on agreements with GOP Leader Mitch McConnell (Ky.).
    I guess I missed what McConnell agreed on.
    Ron Paul in 2011 "[...]no amnesty should be granted. Maybe a 'green card' with an asterisk should be issued[...]a much better option than deportation."

Banned
    The repubs said NOTHING SHALL PASS , until the govt is funded and the tax cuts extended for all

Now we will see what they are made of

Quote Originally Posted by Justthefacts
    The repubs said NOTHING SHALL PASS , until the govt is funded and the tax cuts extended for all

You had better hope that the Repubs and OBama do NOT make a deal on tax cut BEFORE the Wednesday vote then. I am hoping they don't because if they do - then the filibuster letter will not hold.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by judyweller
    Quote Originally Posted by Justthefacts

You had better hope that the Repubs and OBama do NOT make a deal on tax cut BEFORE the Wednesday vote then. I am hoping they don't because if they do - then the filibuster letter will not hold.
    They are not close on the tax deal , nor have they voted to fund the govt for the rest of this fiscal year.

They also have unemployment extensions and getting rid of 1099

Then the start treaty

If bozo Reid calls the dream act he will be laughed off the floor

Banned
    I wanted to add

If and I say IF they would invoke cloture on the dream act , that would only open it to debate and filibuster from the repubs , amends , and a whole lot more cans of worms , In the time left they wouldn't have a prayer of moving it , But thats just how I see it. Besides , it would still have to pass the house.

I"m being an optimist here but I watch how these idiots work

Also due to the calls from our many orgs and the American people , you might have some dems that will think twice
    Keep in mind that 5 Dems , well 4 dems and an indy crossed over and voted today in the senate to dump the house tax bill ONLY extending tax breaks for some.