Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I dont think someone should be able to qualify for ameircan citizenship if they are still a citizen of any other country.

Once someone qualifies for citizenship here in the US...the actual citizenship should be withheld until the day they are no longer a citizen of their former country.

Their citizenship, in this respect, would be conditional on remaining a citizen to US only
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

To shed some light on the subject:

When you get naturalized as a US citizen you pledge
    to renounce any allegiance to a foreign government before
    the US government. Since the US turns a blind eye and
    does not care if the new US citizen retains his/her former
    citizenhip most countries will claim this new US citizen as
    one of their one.

By not enforcing the "Oath of Allegiance" pledged at the time of the ceremony,
    the US is not only contributing to the problem but
    it is the one who created this mess in first place.

If the US did not allow this to happen, no other country could
    claim a new US citizen. Better yet, the message would be very
    clear: dont even start the process of becoming a citizen of this
    country if you have no intention to be an American first and only.

Quote Originally Posted by Molly
    If these people ever get amnesty, their loyalty and how they vote may be influenced by the government of the country they came from and are still loyal to. I don't want people voting in U.S. elections who are citizens of another country.
    True.

However, citizenship is also a right acquired by birth in many foreign countries and remains so until ones death. Many Naturalized US citizens of some countries are dual citizens by virtue of the laws of their countries.

Such Naturalized citizens can choose to relinquish their citizenship, but this would amount to no more than a symbolic act. I guess it would be like one renouncing to his/her freedom and rights in the US. This would only amount to be a symbolic act as well. Freedom and rights are a given.

Quote Originally Posted by odiesback
    GeorgiaPeach,

I have always fought the idea of dual citizenship
    and I was perceived by many people as irrational
    and a radical nut.

The Oath of Allegiance meant a lot to me. And I believe
    if one wants to become an American, do so to be an American
    and not to have a passport of convenience.

Some of us DONT WANT be a dual citizen, and the road to
    get a goverment to accept your renunciation is long and rough and
    few will go all way.

Odiesback,

I have always felt the same way- I totally disagree with dual citizenship of any kind. How can you truly be loyal to two countries? I am thankful and in awe that you are going through the steps to eliminate your dual citizenship. I don't think many people would do what you are and I think that is very patriotic. I wish we had more Americans like you. Good luck with your fight.

Nicole

OK ALIPAC TEAM HERE IS THE LINK TO THE NEW FAX, WE NEED EVERYBODY CALLING, FAXING AND E-MAILING, AND POSTING SO WE KNOW WHAT YOUR HEARING. LET THEM KNOW U.S.CITIZENS HAVE COME OUT OF THE SHADOWS AND ARE SEEING THE LIGHT!!!!!! STOP S1348 FROM COMING BACK TO THE FLOOR.

NO AMNESTY, ENFORCE OUR EXISTING LAWS!!! Don't follow Bush to his demise! stick with Americans and we will stick with you!!!

http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... ic&t=67814
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Oath of Allegiance Vs Pledge of Allegiance
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Naturalization Oath of Allegiance
    to the United States of America

Oath:

"I hereby declare, on oath, that I absolutely and entirely renounce and abjure all allegiance and fidelity to any foreign prince, potentate, state or sovereignty, of whom or which I have heretofore been a subject or citizen; that I will support and defend the Constitution and laws of the United States of America against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I will bear arms on behalf of the United States when required by the law; that I will perform noncombatant service in the armed forces of the United States when required by the law; that I will perform work of national importance under civilian direction when required by the law; and that I take this obligation freely without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; so help me God."

http://uscis.gov/graphics/aboutus/h...eacher/oath.htm
    http://www.uscis.gov/propub/ProPubVAP.j ... 06eee085bf

Pledge of Allegiance:

I pledge allegiance to the Flag
    of the United States of America,
    and to the Republic for which it stands:
    one Nation under God, indivisible,
    With Liberty and Justice for all.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12