Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Duncan Hunter supporters...

I feel your pain. Watching the news lately all I hear about is these politicians that are hurting our country not helping. WHERE IS DUNCAN HUNTER AND RON PAUL??????? These are the candidates that America wants and needs to see. Not the wackos that are snickering and acting childish in these debates. Ron Paul the other night was all business. No joking and no back handed insults. Duncan Hunter is on our side as well. Because these candidates are on our side they are not visible in the news.

I don't consider Ron Paul a choice. He makes a few good points but the more I hear the less I like and I have now dropped him from my list.
    On the illegal issue, I don't like his weak stand on going after employers.
    His main point is ending welfare and he would open the borders. I want legal immigration cut way back

I want legal immigration cut way back
    LEGAL IMMIGRATION Is what built this country. The number of Legal immigrants allowed in this country is proportionately next to nothing. I think we need reform and that the current lottery system needs to be revised, but I fully support Legal immigration .

IMHO those who are against ALL immigrants are doing great harm to the cause of stopping the illegals. You might just say they are an illegals best friend. These opinions are adding credibility to the accusations that those of us against the illegals are nothing but racist pigs.

Those that come here legally go through government induced hell to do it. They are not a drain on taxpayer dollars since they have signed away any rights they may have to any government aid for any reason. If they are married to an American citizen, that citizen must also sign away any rights they have to government aid. They have had very thorough health exams and at least 5 separate back ground checks by different agencies.

I have posted the number of annual legal immigrants here before and it comes down to about 100 per state. Those numbers make it easy for them to assimilate into the fabric of our culture. It is the uncontrolled illegal population that is causing the problems.

It is funny, but I thought ALIPAC stood for
    Americans for Legal Immigration PAC
    I personally am getting sick and tired of Legal immigration bashing
    Proud American and wife of a wonderful LEGAL immigrant from Ireland.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by cayla99
    LEGAL IMMIGRATION Is what built this country. The number of Legal immigrants allowed in this country is proportionately next to nothing.

I have posted the number of annual legal immigrants here before and it comes down to about 100 per state.
    What ? 100 per state -Your's kidding right? Well over 50000 per state is more like the fact

http://www.numbersusa.com/hottopic/overall.html

Quote Originally Posted by Once_A_Democrat
    LEGAL IMMIGRATION Is what built this country. The number of Legal immigrants allowed in this country is proportionately next to nothing.

I have posted the number of annual legal immigrants here before and it comes down to about 100 per state.
    What ? 100 per state -Your's kidding right? Well over 50000 per state is more like the fact

I erred and forgot a 0. It is 1000 PER STATE. 50000 total divided among the 50 states equals 1000 per state.

I also thank you for conceding to the rest of my arguments. The fact that the ONLY thing you found to disagree with is a dropped 0 basically proves my point.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

LEGAL IMMIGRATION Is what built this country. The number of Legal immigrants allowed in this country is proportionately next to nothing. I think we need reform and that the current lottery system needs to be revised, but I fully support Legal immigration .

IMHO those who are against ALL immigrants are doing great harm to the cause of stopping the illegals. You might just say they are an illegals best friend. These opinions are adding credibility to the accusations that those of us against the illegals are nothing but racist pigs.

Those that come here legally go through government induced hell to do it. They are not a drain on taxpayer dollars since they have signed away any rights they may have to any government aid for any reason. If they are married to an American citizen, that citizen must also sign away any rights they have to government aid. They have had very thorough health exams and at least 5 separate back ground checks by different agencies.

I have posted the number of annual legal immigrants here before and it comes down to about 100 per state. Those numbers make it easy for them to assimilate into the fabric of our culture. It is the uncontrolled illegal population that is causing the problems.

It is funny, but I thought ALIPAC stood for [quote:h0yqit4y]Americans for Legal Immigration PAC
    I personally am getting sick and tired of Legal immigration bashing[/quote:h0yqit4y]Today I bought a program to help my wife learn english. The secret service and consulates around the world have used this program. I do not want my wife to fall into the same hole that the illegals do and never change to the American way of life. I welcome anyone to come to this country the LEGAL way. And Ron Paul's way of taking care of the illegals is to enforce our laws that are on the books. What is so hard to understand about that??

welcome anyone to come to this country the LEGAL way. And Ron Paul's way of taking care of the illegals is to enforce our laws that are on the books. What is so hard to understand about that??

I wish her luck. I know many immigrants who work hard to assimilate into this great nation. I am assuming that you too have experienced the joys of going through the legal system My husband was lucky and spoke English before he came here, although in his parents house, unless I am there, they speak Irish. But that is OK, my husbands parents live in Ireland. Once the dust settles on our very recent move to Indiana, my husband is planning on starting the path to citizenship, before they raise the rates yet again

As for my politics, I like Ron Paul alot, but I am concerned that his lack of public speaking skills in the media age are going to be a huge handicap. I also like Duncan Hunter. I just wish the LEGAL immigrant bashing on this site would end. I really do feel it does our cause far more harm then good.

Quote Originally Posted by Once_A_Democrat

I erred and forgot a 0. It is 1000 PER STATE. 50000 total divided among the 50 states equals 1000 per state.

I also thank you for conceding to the rest of my arguments. The fact that the ONLY thing you found to disagree with is a dropped 0 basically proves my point.

You are still way off. Fact is the number is over 1.2 MILLION which is way off from your 50K

50K would be a good number or even up to 200K but Million is too high

Here are the facts from the US GoV

http://www.dhs.gov/xlibrary/assets/stat ... ssible.pdf

using the site you quoted, 2/3 of the "new legals" you quoted had already been in the country under other visas.

The majority of new LPRs (65 percent) already lived in the United States when they were granted lawful permanent resi-dence. Nearly two-thirds (63 percent) were granted permanent residence based on a family relationship with a U.S. citizen or legal permanent resident of the United States.
    Did you read the part these stats include children born to our service men and women abroad? I am assuming you would like to see these children deported also?

another 216,454 were Refugees and Asylees.

The bottom line here is that this groups (ALIPAC) mission is supposed to be to end the failure to enforce our immigration laws. Those who came here legally, came here with the blessing of our laws and respect for our laws.

Immigrants built this nation. I personally have no time for bigots. Between the recent Christian bashing and now the continued bashing of legal immigrants, I really am losing hope for this great nation.

Nobody is asking for deportation of legal immigrants. They came through legal channels and are obviously welcome to stay, regardless there would be no legal way to deport them. However, our legal immigration is even out of control. Every figure I have seen on the subject says that our legal immigrants number well over 1 million a year -- more than all other nations COMBINED. When legal immigration rises (as it has) illegal immigration explodes right along with it (as it has). With huge numbers of legal immigrants coming we have seen immigrant enclaves develop throughout the nation for illegals to melt into. 90% of our legal immigrants come from the Third World -- before 1965, 90% of our legal immigrants came from the First World. This problem has much to do with the reforming of immigration laws in 1965, and the elevation of the limmit of legals let into this nation over the years.
    Serve Bush with his letter of resignation.

See you at the signing!!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast