Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

El Pueblo on "The DREAM Act"

I am on the El Pueblo email list to keep up with the enemies of this country. Here is what I received on the so-called DREAM Act:

The DREAM Act, or "The Development, Relief and Education for Alien Minors Act" has the opportunity to make a great step towards becoming law this week.

The DREAM Act creates a path towards legalization and citizenship for young undocumented student who were brought to the United States many years ago and want to obtain higher education. Senators Richard Durbin (D-IL), Chuck Hagel (R-NE) and Richard Lugar (R-IN) announced that they would add the DREAM Act as an amendment to H.R 1585, which is an authorization bill for the Department of Defense. Legislators frequently use the method of adding unrelated amendments to certain bills that have a better chance of passing than the amendment by itself. For this reason, the aforementioned Senators decided to add the DREAM Act to the Department of Defense bill.

This proposal will be debated this week, and therefore it is very important that we call our Senators to ask them to vote in favor of the amendment to bill H.R 1585. This is what you can tell your Senators when you call or email them:

"Please vote for the Durbin-Hagel-Lugar DREAM Act amendment to H.R 1585. It is important that our immigrant youth has a promising future through education"

Here are our Senator's telephone numbers:

Senator Elizabeth Dole
    919.856.4630 (Raleigh)
    704.633.5011 (Salisbury)
    202.224.6342 (Washington, DC)
    866.420.6083 (Toll Free)

Senator Richard Burr
    800-685-8916 (Toll Free)
    336- 631-5125 (Winston-Salem)
    202- 224-3154 (Washington, DC)

Enter your zip code in the upper-right-hand corner box of this message to E-mail your Senators

Other things you can do to support this Bill:
    - Send this message to all your friends or people who might be interested in this issue.
    - Call the press (radio stations, TV stations, newspapers, magazines, etc,) to show that there is support for the DREAM Act. It is imperative to express our support in order to counter the messages of intimidation and hate used frequently by anti-immigrant groups.
    - Contact your local newspaper and send letters to the editor. For local newspapers' contact information click here , or enter your zip code in the box provided in this message.
    Time to make some calls!!!
    D.W.

I think they are saber ratteling. They are trying to motivate the Dream Act supporters into calling and getting it attatched to the Defence bill because it's the best chance of them getting it passed.

I think we should call and remind our congressmen and senators that the dream act is unfair to Americans and it's rewarding illegal aliens.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I just called Senator Dole's office and let them know how outraged I am. The young lady who answered the phone was very polite, asked for my name and address and the bill/amendment I was referring to. I let them know that illegal aliens should be held accountable for their procreations and that as a taxpayer I am fed up taking care of their messes.
    It's Time to Rescind the 14th Amendment

Here is HR.1585 as it heads to the Senate:

AN ACT to authorize appropriations for fiscal year 2008 for military activities of the Department of Defense, for military construction, and for defense activities of the Department of Energy, to prescribe military personnel strengths for such fiscal year, and for other purposes.
    http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/D?c ... 1104Y7C6I::

Other versions of this bill:

http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/z?c110:H.R.1585:
    "We have decided man doesn't need a backbone any more; to have one is old-fashioned. Someday we're going to slip it back on." - William Faulkner

Banned
    The DREAM Act has been submitted as amendment #2237 to the defense bill.

ALSO-

Cornyn has submitted his amendment #2143 to increase H1B visas.

Grassley has an amendment to require the Basic Pilot program (#2253).

Durbin and Grassley have their amendment on H1B Fraud Prevention (#223

These bright young college kids could probably be of real help in their homelands. Of course then they would actually have to prove that what they learned in college is truly useful, and not just get on some US federally funded public works project with minority quotas to fill.
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)