Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Elvira Arellano denied entry in Canada! Morones gets upset

TRANSLATED FROM:

http://www.laopinion.com/ciudad/?rkey=0 ... 0003254550

The government of Canada denied entrance to their country to the Mexican activist Elvira Arellano, who last Sunday arrived at the Vancouver airport to participate in a demonstration.

By Telephone from Michoacán, where she already had returned, Elvira did not want to comment. "I could not enter Canada, but I cannot comment", she mentioned.

Elvira Arellano went to the northern country to participate in an event at the border with the United States, on the Canadian side, the activities were carried out by members of the Migrant March III that left last February 2 from San Diego, California.

Elvira Arellano was an undocumented immigrant that called international attention in August 2006, when she took refuge in a church of Chicago avoiding deportation to Mexico. A year after its confinement left the temple to promote a migratory reform and in one of its first activities in Los Angeles was arrested by immigration agents and deported to Mexico.

"This is not right", said Enrique Morones, leader of the caravan, "many activists arrived at both sides of the border to meet her, but they wouldn't let her in".

Morones added that the location where the encounter would have taken place on Monday, is a park that crosses the border, known as Peace Arch State Park.

In spite of the absence of Elvira, the activists carried out in at the location a vigil and a protest.

"She was going to participate with us at the Canadian side, it was going to be a moment of reflection and of prayer at the border, to carry the message that your vote is your voice, but she could not arrive", commented Morones.

"In theory she should have no problems entering being a Mexican", commented a source that asked not to be identified "What must have happended is that due to her record in the United States they (Canadian immigration officials) saw her as a possible candidate to remain illegally in Canada… they share lists with the United States".

"This is not right", said Enrique Morones, leader of the caravan, "many activists arrived at both sides of the border to meet her, but they wouldn't let her in".
    Ah, Mr. Morones, entry into another's country is not a right, but a privilege and privilege only. There is no right to enter another country. Every, as in EVERY country determines who can enter and under what circumstances. If they don't like the situation being presented to them, they don't have to let anyone in - plain as day and universally understood throughout the world. This is a fundamental component of the internationally respected concept of sovereignty.

Update: If I were the adjudicating officer for Canada's Border Control/Immigration Dept. - my official response might have been:
    "Do you think we're stupid or something?"
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Gooo Canada!

What did Elvira expect? She most likely will not be welcome in any other country in the world, with the stunt she pulled here. Canada does not let known felons into their country. If you've had a DUI, fuhgedabadit!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)
    "

I can't help it! This story just made my day!

O.K. now I'm going back to work on Utah.

florgal-Thanks for your help.
    Yesterday, I was on OR part of the day (had to work too, so time was limited). Today, I'll also help with UT too.

Now this is funny...Way to go Canada! Keep that illegal scum bag out of both our countries!
    "Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same results is the definition of insanity. " Albert Einstein.

The bravado and arrogance these people continue to display, along with a complete disregard for the rule of any law, continues to baffle me on a daily basis. I guess their complete disregard for the rule of law must be one of those wonderful "cultural differences" we hear so much about from these people.

What does this IDIOT think. She can get on a plane and fly to any country and just prance in like she owns the place without any documentation whatsoever. I guess she feels as a self appointed something, the rule of law does not apply to her. Has she ever heard of a VISA!!!

Is it just me or am I missing something here. Arrogance combined with stupidity is dangerous combination

I guess she'll now add Canada to her list of nasty nations.Almost every nation on Earth except the U.S. is serious about enforicing their immigration laws.I respect them for it.Hooray for Canada.

Har, Har, Har...
    <div>Thank you Governor Brewer!</div>

Banned
    Now if we could just get MORONes kicked out

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast