Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Enforce U.S. immigration laws or just let everyone in

March 7, 2008

Enforce U.S. immigration laws or just let everyone in

The Clarion-Ledger

On Feb. 29, there was a letter to the editor entitled: "We are divinely commanded to aid newcomer among us."

Now let's see if I have it right. Anyone coming into this country and becoming a citizen from any country such as Germany, Italy, Austria, Spain and most everywhere else, is required by law to go through a series of steps, including being able to speak, read and write English; however, there is an exception to these rules that merely allows some people to step across a border, take up residence and eventually enjoy all the perks that we have paid into all our working days.

According to what I have read, there are absolutely no checks and balances in place to effectively prevent the phenomenon from occurring. Criminals, drug dealers and people needing help can come in without an awful lot of effort.

May I ask just who is to blame?

Could it be our government, from the top all the way down through the Senate and Congress that includes most of the politicians? Actually the illegal immigrants here are really not to blame because their entrances, for the most part, were not very difficult.

Either we need to take action to prevent the above from happening or let everyone in without any rules.

Bill Hutto

www.clarionledger.com
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)
    Great article; thanks for posting this one as an opposing point of view from other countries other than Mexico and South America
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Enforce U.S.

Well, we can certainly see what the "Let everyone in" approach does. Millions of Foreign Nationals living, working, be educated in America.

I think it is time to try enforcement, it just might work.

We have good laws on the books now to regulate those who want to come here. I don't understand why so many groups are trying to fight actual enforcement of existing law. Just because the Federal government has refused to do it in the past does not mean the American people don't want enforcement.

I don't understand how the illegal foreign nationals have any standing in our courts to fight enforcement of immigration and worker laws.