H2 Note: Read this article carefully, for it depicts the kind of communistic rule that has taken over England, and soon here in the USA. 'Thought Police' has entered into the realm of speaking against illegal aliens in an online, open forum such as Twitter.

----------------------------------------------

Footballer Lee Smith guilty of racist remarks on Twitter

He also told police, who were handed a print of the comment by a newspaper, that he thought only his friends could see his comments.
The Citizen
Thursday, July 05, 2012

FOOTBALLER Lee Smith who compared the killing of illegal immigrants to a violent computer game on Armistice Day has been found guilty of making racially aggravated comments.

Smith, 29, who has played for Gloucester City, Forest Green Rovers, Cirencester Town and Worcester City, did not deny referring to illegal immigrants online, then saying: "Call of Duty could become a reality – kill um" (sic).

​GUILTY: Lee Smith.

But he told police he was inexperienced in using the social networking website Twitter, and two tweets had been inadvertently turned into one, Cheltenham Magistrates' Court heard.

Smith denied one charge of racially aggravated harassment, alarm or distress, saying he wasn't a racist and had deleted his Twitter profile. He also told police, who were handed a print of the comment by a newspaper, that he thought only his friends could see his comments.

"I have not been on Twitter that long, I didn't mean it in that field," Smith told police in interview read to the court yesterday. "I'm not a racist in any shape or form and I don't want to kill anyone.

"I wanted to go and play the computer game with my friends. I don't want them (illegal immigrants) to be here, taking English jobs but I don't want them harmed."

Derek Ryder, prosecuting, said the word "illegals" referred to a racial, ethnic or national group and joining it to the Call of Duty comment caused harassment, alarm or distress.

Smith, of Arreton Avenue, Coney Hill, told police he meant the comments relating to Call of Duty to be in another tweet. He declined to give evidence, and stood by the police interview.

Blue Square North club Worcester City suspended him and did not renew the right winger's contract for next season, and his solicitor Lisa Ellis said he was now unemployed. He has signed for Cinderford Town for next season.

In mitigation she said the comments were "stupid" and he had already been punished by the case being in the public eye.

Bench chairman Mike Stayte fined Smith £100 with £500 towards prosecution costs. "It's a public forum," he said. "He is a professional footballer in the public eye. We are satisfied there was a display of a racially aggravated comment."

After fining him, Mr Stayte said: "Good luck for the future. It's behind you now."

source: Footballer Lee Smith guilty of racist remarks on Twitter | This is Gloucestershire