Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Senior Member BorderLegionnaire's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nntrixie
    Oh, Wow! - 24!!! I am sorry, I would not have believed it.

Congratulations, you are way ahead in this game.

Being an old fogey here, I have seen this happening for many, many years. I had kids in public school for a very long time - my kids were all 6 years apart. I fought the system for the entire time.
    Thx! I believe in America and I respect its past. I am also a huge history buff in terms from 1607 Jamestown, to New Amsterdam 1609 to the Indian wars to revolutionary to civil war period, the war of 1812 and WW1 and 2 and up to the present time now! History is great in all respects... I am a historian for my towns civic association and I have protected an old house from the early 1800's and helped restore an old family cemetery that went through 90+ years of neglect and vandalism...
    Our country's founders cherished liberty, not democracy.
    -Ron Paul

Welcome to ALIPAC BorderLegionnaire!

I congratulate you on your efforts to restore and remember our history and landmarks.

Hi nntrixie I'm glad your here too!

I don't consider age at all on this board. We are all patriots and I AM SO GLAD there are Americans from every AGE group and ethnic background on the board. I think it's great too, because we are getting a birds eye view how this problem effects all Americans.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by CCUSA
    Welconme to ALIPAC BorderLegionnaire!

I congratulate you on your efforts to restore and remember our history and landmarks.

Hi nntrixie I'm glad your here too!

I don't consider age at all on this board. We are all patriots and I AM SO GLAD there are Americans from every AGE group and ethnic background on the board. I thnk it's great too, because we are getting a birds eye view how this problem effects all Americans.
    Thanks for the welcome!!! I have been active on other boards like ImmigrationWatchdog, NumberUSA and the Minuteman Project! I am happy to be amongst proud patriotic Americans!!!
    -Ron Paul

I don't consider age - but I am so overjoyed when I find out some of these open minded people are actually very young.

It is so uplifting!!! So hopeful!!!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

BL you need to talk to my son. The industry he is in uses a lot of illegals. Las Vegas uses a lot of illegals. Some of the nicest people he has met and worked with are illegals so its really hard for him to get his head around the ILLEGAL part. He's a good guy but a little too liberal in that area. Once he is replaced by an illegal, he'll think differently. THEN you want to see angry LOOK OUT.

Quote Originally Posted by Gogo
    BL you need to talk to my son. The industry he is in uses a lot of illegals. Las Vegas uses a lot of illegals. Some of the nicest people he has met and worked with are illegals so its really hard for him to get his head around the ILLEGAL part. He's a good guy but a little too liberal in that area. Once he is replaced by an illegal, he'll think differently. THEN you want to see angry LOOK OUT.
    I work with H1-B's (I'm in the IT industry) and yes they are nice peoples but I can still be angry that this company I subcontract for favors H1-Bs over American workers!!! Illegals are a bit different as they came here under illegal pretenses and H1-B are a big business bonus for them!!! But in the world of immigration they all need to be reduced and Americans need to get back to work!!!
    -Ron Paul

Welcome BorderLegionnaire-it is wonderful to have you aboard.I am so glad to hear of someone your age who hasn't bought into or been force fed the "illegals are helping/neccesary" campaign.My sister has 5 kids (ages really spread out) and their is a huge difference in the twentysomethings thoughts on illegals and the sophmore and elementary age ones.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfbaby
    Welcome BorderLegionnaire-it is wonderful to have you aboard.I am so glad to hear of someone your age who hasn't bought into or been force fed the "illegals are helping/neccesary" campaign.My sister has 5 kids (ages really spread out) and their is a huge difference in the twentysomethings thoughts on illegals and the sophmore and elementary age ones.
    Thanks! Glad to be part of this movement and this forum and to share our experiences with the effect of illegal immigration on our lives!
    -Ron Paul

I have a daughter who is kinda hard for me to talk with - although she does see the problems, she doesn't want to see it.

She worked as a waitperson during college and between jobs, etc. She has worked with lots of illegals. There was one older man who was a busboy and he taught her some Spanish. When he went home for Christmas, his wife sent her a crocheted shawl. He was evidently a very sweet man. She said, 'But Mama, would you send Juan home?"

Yes, Sweet Thing, I would.

The thing is she knows some of the downside. Once when getting ready to back to college she was selling some things to get together money. She had some really nice clothes. The Mexican women would take a price tag off something for .25 and put it on one of her pieces of clothing.

It broke my heart that they would try that knowing how hard she worked to buy them, etc. I was so angry.

She didn't comment on it at all - she just added up their purchases at the prices she originally had on the clothing, etc., and stuck out her hand and said, 'That will be $X." Their eyes would get big, but they would pay her every time.

So she knows, she's coming around, but ---

She lived in Las Vegas for a while and she kept telling me there weren't many illegals in Las Vegas. I told her there were, and she just wasn't seeing them.

We went to a different part of town to a store to pick up a certain dress they were holding for her, just as school was letting out. We sat at one intersection for a good 5-7 minutes while all those little Mexican kids crossed. She admitted, maybe there were some.

Quote Originally Posted by BorderLegionnaire
    Quote Originally Posted by Gogo
    I work with H1-B's (I'm in the IT industry) and yes they are nice peoples but I can still be angry that this company I subcontract for favors H1-Bs over American workers!!! Illegals are a bit different as they came here under illegal pretenses and H1-B are a big business bonus for them!!! But in the world of immigration they all need to be reduced and Americans need to get back to work!!!
    I agree. As Tom said, orginally the H1-B's were for the very RARE knowledge positions. Maybe only two or three people in the world had the knowledge. Now our companies use it for cheaper labor.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast