Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Every Promise President Trump Has Broken That Candidate Trump Made

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Every Promise President Trump Has Broken That Candidate Trump Made

Posted By Kaitlan Collins On 11:09 AM 04/29/2017

Donald Trump has been in office for 100 days now. Though he has touted his nomination of Judge Neil M. Gorsuch to the Supreme Court as one of his biggest accomplishments, the president has flip-flopped or not fulfilled several central promises he made to his supporters throughout the campaign.

He has given various reasons for his one-eighties. Repealing the Affordable Care Act? “Nobody knew health care could be so complicated.” China? “What am I going to do? Start a trade war with China?” NATO? “It’s no longer obsolete.”

As the clock ticked down to Trump’s first 100 days, he has increasingly looked less like the man he ran as.

Repealing the Affordable Care Act and replacing it

Trump said he would do this in his first 100 days.

“I will work with Congress to introduce the following broader legislative measures and fight for their passage within the first 100 days of my administration,” he said during a speech in Pennsylvania last fall. “The Repeal and Replace Obamacare Act. Fully repeal Obamacare and replace it with health savings accounts. We can do that.”

House Republicans pulled their proposed bill to repeal and replace the Affordable Care Act in March, just minutes after they were scheduled to vote on it, when it become clear they didn’t have the votes to pass.

Terminating Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals

On the campaign trail, Trump promised to “immediately terminate” DACA, which protects hundreds of thousands of undocumented immigrants who came to the country as children from deportation, but he changed his tune in an interview with the Associated Press in April when he said the administration is “not after the dreamers.”

“We are after the criminals,” Trump said. “That is our policy.”

Ending the H-1B visa program

Trump pledged to kill the H-1B visa program with “no exceptions” because, he believes, it allows companies to import foreign workers and replace American workers for a lower cost. In mid-April, he signed an executive order seeking to enforce the H-1B visa program so it “serves the national interest” by awarding visas to the most-skilled and highest-paid applicants without bypassing American workers who are qualified for those jobs.

Eliminating the Export-Import bank

Trump reversed his position on the agency when he said he no longer wants to eliminate it, but reshape it.
    He recently called it “a very good thing” and announced plans to nominate two board members.

“Actually, it’s a very good thing,” Trump told the Wall Street Journal. “And it actually makes money, it could make a lot of money.”

“It turns out that, first of all, lots of small companies are really helped, the vendor companies. When other countries give it we lose a tremendous amount of business.”

The relevance of NATO

“I said it was obsolete,” Trump said. “It is no longer obsolete.”

Labeling China a currency manipulator

“They’re not currency manipulators,” Trump recently told the Wall Street Journal.

When asked if this could be seen as softening his stance on China, Trump credited his newfound relationship with Chinese President Xi Jinping and the looming nuclear weapons problem in North Korea.

“What am I going to do? Start a trade war with China in the middle of him working on a bigger problem, frankly, with North Korea? So, I’m dealing with China with great respect. I have great respect of him.”

http://dailycaller.com/2017/04/29/ev...te-trump-made/
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

From the bottom-up:

Do dailycaller and Kaitlin Collins not know that China has stopped manipulating its currency since the election? The 6 month report by the Treasury Department shows no evidence of currency manipulation by China since Trump won the election. It also shows a major increase in purchases of US goods by China to reduce the trade deficit.

Do dailycaller and Kaitlin Collins not know that during the campaign when Trump was railing against NATO about being obsolete because they weren't working on the big threat of terrorism that they formed an Anti-Terrorism Commission to modernize their purpose and function?

Do dailycaller and Kaitlin Collins not know that during the campaign people told Trump that the Ex-Im Bank was a bad thing, picking winners and losers and the US didn't need this and then after Trump was in office, he found out this was a big lie and the Ex-Im Bank is very important and valuable to all of our manufacturers, one of the key sectors that Trump wants to expand in the US?

Do dailycaller and Kaitlin Collins not know that Trump can't end the H1B Program by himself, he can shut it down to all those frauds abusing the program, and deny their applications, but he can't shut it down, Congress has to do that.

Trump can end the DACA program through DHS with a MEMO or himself with an EO. There will be huge push-back, protests, riots, violence, thousands of lawsuits, and who knows what else, but he can do this. He may also just let it expire in June, apparently based on a statement by Sean Spicer in early February, they think something related to DACA expires in June of 2017.

Yes, unfortunately, a President can't repeal laws passed by Congress, and Trump thought the Congress was ready to do a repeal/replace of Obamacare, but they weren't. Apparently dailycaller and Kaitlin Collins don't understand how our government works.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW
    Do dailycaller and Kaitlin Collins not know that during the campaign people told Trump that the Ex-Im Bank was a bad thing, picking winners and losers and the US didn't need this and then after Trump was in office, he found out this was a big lie and the Ex-Im Bank is very important and valuable to all of our manufacturers, one of the key sectors that Trump wants to expand in the US?
    Just like Trump said during his campaign, the Ex-Im Bank is a bad thing and nothing has changed on that. The bank is corporate welfare at its worst and is still picking winners and losers. Why should American taxpayers be giving subsidies to corporations that offshore large portions of their profits to avoid taxes? The only difference now compared to when Trump railed against the bank during his campaign is that corporate leaders have now sunk their hooks into the administration and influenced Trump to change his mind. Trump had it right the first time (during his campaign) but has now folded like a cheap suit.

Do dailycaller and Kaitlin Collins not know that Trump can't end the H1B Program by himself, he can shut it down to all those frauds abusing the program, and deny their applications, but he can't shut it down, Congress has to do that.
    Trump never wanted to end the H-1B program and still doesn't.

Trump can end the DACA program through DHS with a MEMO or himself with an EO. There will be huge push-back, protests, riots, violence, thousands of lawsuits, and who knows what else, but he can do this. He may also just let it expire in June, apparently based on a statement by Sean Spicer in early February, they think something related to DACA expires in June of 2017.
    In reference to an expiration in June, you've offered nothing to prove the program will expire in June. Trump and Spicer have been very elusive when questioned on the program. All we keep hearing about is how big Trump's heart is and that something will be worked out to make everyone very happy, including the DACA illegals. I can think of no reason, nor has anyone explained, why Trump would continue accepting DACA applications for a program he plan on ending or allowing to expire. This is a HUGE broken promise!

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

For Americans who need and want jobs in manufacturing and those who want and need the spin-off jobs that manufacturing creates, Trump stood up for the American Worker and Small Business Owner when he stood up for the Ex-Im Bank. So I for one am thrilled he folded on that Heritage Foundation crap to end the Ex-Im Bank. Did you hear Heritage Foundation is looking for a new President? Apparently Jim DeMint is being asked to leave.

Coup at the Heritage Foundation? Jim DeMint said to be out after tangling with Heritage Action CEO Mike Needham.

by Philip Wegmann | Apr 28, 2017, 10:26 PM

Normally, breaking news doesn't leave staffers hysterical at the Heritage Foundation. But when junior-level employees read Politico during their lunch break Friday, several broke down in tears. Their boss, current Heritage Foundation president and former South Carolina Sen. Jim DeMint, was being forced out.

Politico first reported that DeMint had fallen out of favor with the organization's board of directors over the political activity of the conservative think tank. Shortly after, the Washington Examiner confirmed that Heritage co-founder, Ed Feulner, would take the helm.
    Quickly after the putsch became public, storm clouds gathered inside the organization's Capitol Hill campus, as staffers began drawing battle lines on an otherwise sunny day.

"It's shameful how all this is being handled," an irate department director said. "I just can't believe Heritage brought DeMint in from the Senate, then stabbed him in the back. I guarantee they purge his people next."

So far, though, Heritage hasn't issued an official statement. Communications staffers have been warned not to speak with media. And after multiple interviews with current and former Heritage employees speaking on condition of anonymity, a prevailing narrative has emerged:

DeMint lost his job, in large part, for crossing Heritage Action CEO, Mike Needham.

Dismissing reports that DeMint was ousted for being too political, the department director argued instead that "basically this is one big Mike Needham power play." According to the source, Needham has been "trying to take over Heritage forever" and will use Feulner "as proxy to control the place."

Needham, who served as Feulner's chief of staff, did not respond to requests for comment.

While both men tend to agree on ideology, they disagree on method. A senior policy expert complained that DeMint wanted to remake Heritage in his own image, pointing to the policy services and outreach department as well as the organization's media arm, the Daily Signal (where I used to work).

"Basically he treated the place like it was his giant Senate office," the policy expert said. "That ended up being a significant departure from the vision set out by the board and Feulner."

While Needham helped bring DeMint to Heritage in 2013, their relationship began to fray during the presidential election. It reached a breaking point, two separate sources confirmed, after DeMint suggested making major changes to Heritage Action or abolishing it altogether.

"That really wasn't a smart move," the policy expert explained, "because Needham is Feulner's guy."

When the board asked DeMint to step down last weekend, the fiery conservative refused and has tried lobbying board members to keep his job. If he doesn't go quietly into the dark, the board can vote him out as soon as Tuesday when they convene in Washington, D.C.

Spokesmen for Heritage and Heritage Action did not return requests for comment.

Located just blocks from Capitol Hill, Heritage casts a long shadow over the city. It first sprang to prominence during the Ronald Reagan administration by supplying much of the policy that would make up his legislative agenda. But the organization has become increasingly political with the passing of each presidential administration.

Heritage fell out of favor with many establishment Republicans when Needham and Feulner founded Heritage Action For America, the 501(c)4 lobbying arm in 2010. At the head of a grassroots army, those politicos lobby Congress to ensure ideological purity. And they operate according to a single paradigm: "If you can't make them see the light, make them feel the heat."

A testament to Heritage's political clout, the report quickly shook right wing circles throughout Washington. It's not clear what the shakeup will mean to the Obamacare overhaul or spending fight, debates Heritage was deeply involved in.

But the news has already shaken Heritage's most stalwart allies in Congress, the conservative House Freedom Caucus. "Inconceivable," Rep. Dave Brat said of DeMint's looming departure. And while the Virginia Republicans didn't cry like some Heritage staff, Brat doubted that the next Heritage president "could connect Trump, GOP leadership, the grassroots community, or Heritage's legacy better than Jim."

Philip Wegmann is a commentary writer for the Washington Examiner.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/co...rticle/2621648

MW wrote:

Trump never wanted to end the H-1B program and still doesn't.
    I personally never heard Trump say he wanted to end the H1B program, I only heard him say over and over that he wanted to end the abuse and fraud of the program where companies were firing American Workers and replacing them with foreign workers here on H1B visas and using the program to hire skills that were in ample supply here like for tech workers from India when we have over 2 million unemployed IT workers. Andy Puzder had a plan all worked out to stop that and other visa abuses and fraud. Hopefully Acosta will have one too. Personally I'd like to see the whole program abolished with a few rare exceptions, but Congress would have to do that.

PS: On DACA 2012, I never heard Trump say he was going to end the DACA 2012 program, only the 2 unconstitutional EO's signed in 2014 by Barack Obama that a "judge had already stopped". Maybe he did say it, but I just never heard him say it or read anything that he published or posted that said he was ending that program. I would like to see it ended and I hope he or Kelly ends it soon, maybe Sessions can end it with an AG Opinion. So I hope he or someone stops it at some point, and the sooner the better. Hopefully it can be done in a quiet manner that doesn't result in protests, riots, violence or lawsuits.
    Last edited by Judy; 04-29-2017 at 10:13 PM.

MW
    PS: On DACA 2012, I never heard Trump say he was going to end the DACA 2012 program, only the 2 unconstitutional EO's signed in 2014 by Barack Obama that a "judge had already stopped". Maybe he did say it, but I just never heard him say it or read anything that he published or posted that said he was ending that program. I would like to see it ended and I hope he or Kelly ends it soon, maybe Sessions can end it with an AG Opinion. So I hope he or someone stops it at some point, and the sooner the better. Hopefully it can be done in a quiet manner that doesn't result in protests, riots, violence or lawsuits.
    We've been over and over this and you are the only one that seems to be in the dark on it.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Yeah, I guess I'm the only one here who when Trump said he was going to terminate the 2 unconstitutional Executive Orders issued by Barack Obama that a judge had stopped meant he was going to end the 2 unconstitutional Executive Orders issued by Barack Obama that a judge had stopped.

Yes we have been over and over it. We all want all of DACA terminated, all 3 programs, the 2 EO's in 2014 stopped by the judge and the DACA 2012 implemented by Janet Napolitano.

But to me there's a big difference between advocating for a position you want and jumping on the Hate Trump Wagon by attacking our President's integrity on CORRUPT MEDIA memes of "broken promises". Everyone is free to do that if they want, if they think that somehow is going to get our cause somewhere or help fix our country, but I don't think it's right or helpful, and that's all I'm going to say about it.

MW
    Quote Originally Posted by Judy View Post
    Yeah, I guess I'm the only one here who when Trump said he was going to terminate the 2 unconstitutional Executive Orders issued by Barack Obama that a judge had stopped meant he was going to end the 2 unconstitutional Executive Orders issued by Barack Obama that a judge had stopped.

Yes we have been over and over it. We all want all of DACA terminated, all 3 programs, the 2 EO's in 2014 stopped by the judge and the DACA 2012 implemented by Janet Napolitano.

But to me there's a big difference between advocating for a position you want and jumping on the Hate Trump Wagon by attacking our President's integrity on CORRUPT MEDIA memes of "broken promises". Everyone is free to do that if they want, if they think that somehow is going to get our cause somewhere or help fix our country, but I don't think it's right or helpful, and that's all I'm going to say about it.
    You're argument that Trump didn't promise to end DACA immediately is old, tired, and just worn out. Time to put it to bed.

When Trump talked about DACA everyone but you seems to understand that he was specifically referring to Obama's DACA program, not his DACA expansion attempt (extend renewals to 3 years vice 2 years) that, along with DAPA, was halted by the courts. You're the only person to confuse this very obvious fact. Don't get hung up on the fact that Trump originally thought DACA was and executive order. Heck, most of us thought it was an executive order until it came to light that it was only a memorandum. Your whole argument is based on Trump's simple misunderstanding of how the original DACA program came to be. He promised to end DACA immediately and that's it, end of story. Time to quit attempting to obfuscate the issue in order to offer him cover on this.

LOL!! Trump understood it, I understood it, Jeff Sessions understood it, Stephen Miller understood it, Steve Bannon understood it, John Kelly understood it, 96% of the people who voted for him understood it who would vote for him again, plus another 3% of Hillary Shrills who would vote for Trump now if they had it to do over.

You want to downgrade this President, have at it. You want to hate on the only President in our lifetimes who gives a hoot about US, have at it. You want to recite over and over the Democrat and Corrupt Media Snowflake, Wounded Bird, NeverTrump Meme narrative about "broken promises" against Trump in their conquer and divide political strategy to try to win some seats in 2018, have at it. You're free to do it. Just because I don't want play in that sandbox doesn't make me wrong and you right. It just makes us different.

And talk about obfuscation, MW. Just because you didn't take Trump seriously with what he actually said, isn't his fault that you thought he meant something else. I hope and believe he will end all of DACA 2012, but how and when he's not telling yet, other than what Sean Spicer said "the thinking is to let it expire in June".

But whatever, we're both free to our opinions on this issue. I wish it could be ended easily without back-lash or lawsuits, but I know that's not possible. And for your information, which I have posted but apparently you chose to disregard, under the laws and regulations of DHS, every single DACA has a right to a sob story appeal once they are terminated. The process requires a notice letter be sent to each and every DACA, then they have about 2 weeks to reply explaining why they dispute it and should be able to continue on, then the government has to review each of those and give a thoughtful, respectful response in accordance with all the rules and regulations of DHS. And each one will have a lawyer and file a lawsuit to protect their status.

The far easier and better approach is if it expires to let it do so, meanwhile deport as many of them as possible when they overlap onto the high priority targets which are visa overstays, using welfare, misdemeanors, crimes, falsehoods on their applications, speeding tickets, DUI's, fraud, gangs, violating immigration rules, etc., etc., etc. It's a rich and broad set of priority targets the way Trump's set this up.

Our goal is to get them out of the country right? Are we all in agreement on that? I sure hope so.

That's all I'm saying about it. Go chat with someone else, please.
    Last edited by Judy; 04-30-2017 at 02:00 AM.

MW
    You want to downgrade this President, have at it.
    This isn't about downgrading anyone. Although, it is about honesty, integrity, and keeping a promise!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast