Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: EVIL EMAIL

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Don't take the bait!!

I have lurked here for a long time but I felt very compelled to speak out about this. Don't take the bait!!!

This letter was obviously designed to try and draw retorts that can be construed as racist.

Don't give them the fodder - stop!

Banned

Re: Don't take the bait!!

Quote Originally Posted by pointedstick
    I have lurked here for a long time but I felt very compelled to speak out about this. Don't take the bait!!!

This letter was obviously designed to try and draw retorts that can be construed as racist.

Welcome , glad to have you
    Most of us are very familiar with this stuff

Pull up a seat , its going to be a bumpy ride

Welcome to ALIPAC pointedstick and I agree with you .

Who cares what this imbecile thinks it does not matter.
    "A Government big enough to give you everything you want,is strong enough to take everything you have"* Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Justthefacts

Welcome , glad to have you
    Most of us are very familiar with this stuff

Pull up a seat , its going to be a bumpy ride
    Hmmmm, you're both right. My response is
    TIME'S UP!
    Why should <u>only</u> AMERICAN CITIZENS and LEGAL immigrants, have to obey the law?!

elpasoborn you slay me! I was hoping to get to laugh today thanks.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

No such thing as "undocumented citizen." Nice try though.

Smarter? Bwaaa haaa. That's why our schools are in the tank, because of those intelligent illegal children.
    "A Nation of sheep will beget a government of Wolves" -Edward R. Murrow

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Pointedstick welcome. Come on we have to have a little fun. We are used to their tricks. That's why I addressed the supposed Captain directly.

Let's break this e-mail down.

First, hard working.. Well, legal citizens did all those jobs before illegals depressed the wages below what a legal citizen can work for. I'm willing to bet that all those legal citizens would love to get their jobs back. It's not that we are NOT hard working, its that the wages being paid and the hours being worked are kind of, well, illegal. Hence why a lot of illegals are starting to sue employers.

Ah, the old indian argument.. Well, lets set aside what the Mexicans did to the indians in their country and just focus on the US. The indians forced out others before them, they had a culture of fighting with each other and taking land from each other. So, why are we the bad guys? We did NOT do anything the indians were not already doing.. we just happened to be better and won the war.

I won't touch the racist comment about hispanics looking better or being smarter. As for them being healthier and living longer...I found studies that said they do and some that said they don't. It's all averages. /shrug

The last bit, about them being fearless fighters. If they are so fearless then why are they running away? Mexico is in trouble. Mexico needs it's people to stand up and fight against the corruption and drugs, etc. I submit that based on the evidence, they are NOT fearless. It is easy to desecrate the US flag, wave foreign flags and demand rights equal to legal citizens while being protected by the police.

The reality is simple. They are criminals. They break the law on a daily basis and then have the nerve to demand stuff from us? The law is the law, they broke it and need to leave. You do NOT reward criminal behavior, that's just stupid and dangerous.

Quote Originally Posted by sugarhighwolf
    Let's break this e-mail down.

First, hard working.. Well, legal citizens did all those jobs before illegals depressed the wages below what a legal citizen can work for. I'm willing to bet that all those legal citizens would love to get their jobs back. It's not that we are NOT hard working, its that the wages being paid and the hours being worked are kind of, well, illegal. Hence why a lot of illegals are starting to sue employers.

Ah, the old indian argument.. Well, lets set aside what the Mexicans did to the indians in their country and just focus on the US. The indians forced out others before them, they had a culture of fighting with each other and taking land from each other. So, why are we the bad guys? We did NOT do anything the indians were not already doing.. we just happened to be better and won the war.

I won't touch the racist comment about hispanics looking better or being smarter. As for them being healthier and living longer...I found studies that said they do and some that said they don't. It's all averages. /shrug

The last bit, about them being fearless fighters. If they are so fearless then why are they running away? Mexico is in trouble. Mexico needs it's people to stand up and fight against the corruption and drugs, etc. I submit that based on the evidence, they are NOT fearless. It is easy to desecrate the US flag, wave foreign flags and demand rights equal to legal citizens while being protected by the police.

The reality is simple. They are criminals. They break the law on a daily basis and then have the nerve to demand stuff from us? The law is the law, they broke it and need to leave. You do NOT reward criminal behavior, that's just stupid and dangerous.
    Well said!
    TIME'S UP!
    Why should <u>only</u> AMERICAN CITIZENS and LEGAL immigrants, have to obey the law?!

Here is the reply I received from Senator Cardin of Maryland:

Thank you for writing to me about the Development, Relief, and Education for Alien Minors (DREAM) Act (S. 729). I am a co-sponsor of this important legislation.

The DREAM Act is a bi-partisan effort introduced by Senator Durbin (D-IL), Senator Lugar (R-IN), and several colleagues on March 26, 2009. The bill is a renewed version of the DREAM Act of 2007 which I supported and voted for in the Senate. That bill failed by a 52 to 44 vote (with 60 votes required to invoke cloture) in October 2007. The DREAM Act was also included as part of a broader comprehensive immigration reform bill, which I supported, but the Senate also failed to end debate on that measure in June 2007.

The DREAM Act would give a select group of undocumented students the chance to become permanent residents if they came to this country as children, are long-term U.S. residents, have good moral character, and enlist in the military or attend college for at least two years. Currently our immigration laws prevent thousands of young people from pursuing their dreams and fully contributing to our nation's future. Their parents brought them to the United States when they were young children and for many, America is the only home they know.

The children eligible for benefits under the DREAM Act have demonstrated the kind of determination and commitment that makes them successful students and points the way to the significant contributions they will make in their lives. The bill does not provide amnesty, in state tuition, or other public assistances to these youths. It is designed to assist only a select group of young people who would be required to earn their way to legal status.

Again, thank you for contacting me about this serious and important issue. I ask that you continue to keep me informed of your views on efforts to improve our immigration laws. By working together, we can accomplish our mutual goals of advancing Maryland and ensuring that every child has the opportunity to achieve the American dream.

####

The Senator's letter is at odds with all I have read about the DREAM Act, and certainly can't be reconciled with the screed posted at the start of this thread.
    “Claiming nobody is listening to your phone calls is irrelevant – computers do and they are not being destroyed afterwards. Why build a storage facility for stuff nobody listens to?.” Martin Armstrong

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast