Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Rule endangers talk radio
    FCC comes down on Limbaugh

SPRINGFIELD, Va. -- English First warned fans of Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Dr. James Dobson and other syndicated talk shows that a proposed FCC regulation would drive their favorite programs off the air.

The FCC published a "Notice of Proposed Rulemaking" in the Federal Register which, if ultimately adopted, would impose a back-door version of the discredited "Fairness Doctrine" upon America's airwaves.

The FCC's proposed regulations claim that radio station "programming -- particularly network programming - often is not sufficiently culturally diverse" and that the FCC seeks "to ensure that broadcasters serve their communities, especially traditionally underserved audiences," such as non-English speakers, whether or not these people actually exist.

The FCC's proposed regulations also suggest a new requirement that all "licensees should convene and consult with permanent advisory boards."

These advisory boards "should include representatives of all segments of the community," a requirement which would empower self-appointed "community leaders," such as representatives of the League of United Latin American Citizens (LULAC) or the Center for American Islamic Relations (CAIR), to discourage commercial radio stations from airing discussions of controversial matters such as the costs of illegal immigration or the meaning of jihad.
    Story Created: May 23, 2008 at 4:44 PM EDT

http://www.cw34jackson.com/technology/19218604.html
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

The FCC's proposed regulations also suggest a new requirement that all "licensees should convene and consult with permanent advisory boards."
    More regulation of Free Enterprise. IT is a commercial business. They cater to their majority audiences that's what makes it profitable. We have enough Spanish Radio as it is.
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

12 million listeners in an America with a total population of over 300 million.
    We are at 304,160,000+ currently, and will easily break the 305,000,000 mark by year's end.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by jean
    were attacked there would be a huge outcry from the public.
    I, too, recall Feinst... saying they would have to do something about talk radio.
    This appears to be nothing but a crass attempt to silence free commercial speech and silence the voices of dissent in the non-MSM media. And in true bipartisan fashion, don't forget that Trent Lott (last summer during the amnesty debate) threatened that “Talk radio is running America. We have to deal with that problem.â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Well, my first thought was that sponsors could not be found for programs
    that have been deserted by us right wing neocon nativists!
    It hasnt been that long ago that left wing programming bit the dust for
    lack of liteners. No listerners, no buying sponsors products, they better
    think twice about that.
    PROMOTE SELF DEPORTATION, ENFORCE OUR
    LAWS!

Senior Member ourcountrynottheirs's Avatar
    I assume the same rules would apply to hispanic radio stations?

Even though I am critical of Rush and some of the talkies and Fox and other medias. I believe people should vote with their feet, and listen with a discerning ear. There is no need or true desire(?) for the Fairness Doctrine.

TexasBorn writes,

"This is just certain people rattling their sabers"

Agreed, but why the rattling?

Could it be by rattling the swords the results will be to push listeners to further support their favorite programs, to ensure support for a media that will help to keep the agendas in place? Are the listeners right were they want them to be? Rattle the swords and guarantee a loyal audience?

Rush and the talkies comment on the agenda, they do not wander from, or make the agenda. The agenda is presented by the MSM which is spoon fed by the elites in government, then the talkies add their opposition or commentary to the issue that was placed on the agenda platter. Nothing ground breaking there.

There must be a right and left, a pro and con, otherwise there would be no honest or constructive debate. Talk radio is needed to comment on the agenda and to give voice to the little man on the street allowing a place to vent or to add to the debate through participation, a participation that helps to instill the feeling of belonging to a group. Fine and dandy.

When talkies CREATE the agenda hell will break loose. Then the Fairness Doctrine will pass. Til then we can all just go along and participate in whatever agenda driven debate hits the floor.

Will we ever head them off at the pass?

Illegal immigration could have been and should have been on the platter years ago. Instead, dinner is NOW served, make sure you eat your spinich, it is good for you.

Is talk radio commentary (after the fact) or groundbreaking? Is it agenda driven or agenda creation?

Is it wrong of me to want more? I was wanting more when there was just a MSM, then Rush came along,..... I still want more.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123