Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Federal government will take land owners to court..

Sorry if the story was covered elsewhere, but I started playing around with my capture card again and grabbed this story from TXCN..

Bush and Co want to build the fence, but land owners don't want to grant access.. hot air or not? (I vote hot air)

TXCN - Border Fence

Do I think the government might take the land - yes.

Do I think they have an intention of building a fence that is really a deterrent - No.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I guess a person could look at this a couple ways. The Haylow decision says Govt. can TAKE private land for Private Business if it will produce more Tax revenues for the community. I personally see it as a National Security issue, and think they should be more worried about the COUNTRY as a whole, instead of ONE LAND OWNER!
    I get so upset watching COMMON SENSE FALL TO THE WAYSIDE...
    <div>MY eyes HAVE seen the GLORY... And that GLORY BELONGS to US... We the PEOPLE!</div>

Here is the solution to the problem.

Build the fence everywhere but where these people don't want to give up the land. With a fence everywhere but in certian small spots, the illegals will flock there and trample the place in droves, then they will be more than happy to sell. Quickly!
    Unless we get those criminals & make them pay for what they have done to our country and the lawlessness they have sponsored, we are just another Mexico ourselves!

I can't speak for the landowners.

In that situation, I would look at what the government hasn't done in terms of national security for many years.

No security on the border after being tattacked by terrorists. Even after it is apparent that some possible terrorists have come across that border.
    Even when they know that tons of deadly drugs are coming across daily.

I would look at the shenanigans about the fence, vote it in with no money, vote money and take it out. The design is in the law for the fence, I thought, but somehow they need to design one - and trying to make it 'aesthetically pleasing'.

I would look at those things and maybe think they are not serious about security at all and why are they taking the land.

If the government takes this land. I don't know how much, but it is said up to 2 miles from the river in some parts. That's a lot of land for the government to take and not use.

One thing, I guess no one could even begin to say we 'can't put federal troops on the border since it's private land' anymore. This would give them land to post the military, wouldn't it?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I think it is a rouse. The Govt. says "We wanted to build the Fence, but no one wanted to give up their land. So we can't"

I for one would not want to give up my land for a fence that will never be built..
    "Democrats Fall in Love, Republicans Fall in Line!"

Ex-El Presidente' www.jorgeboosh.com