Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Federal role questioned in Oklahoma's English-only debate

"Federal role questioned in Oklahoma's English-only debate"

July 29, 2009

WASHINGTON — The Oklahoma congressional delegation wants U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder to explain why the Justice Department got involved in a debate by the Oklahoma Legislature this year over making English the state’s official language.

U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder is seen in this July 15, 2009 AP photo. Oklahoma's congressional delegation wants Holder to explain why the Justice Department got involved in a debate by the Oklahoma Legislature this year over making English the state’s official language.

The delegation sent a letter to Holder on Tuesday questioning why his Civil Rights division sent a letter to Oklahoma Attorney General Drew Edmondson in the midst of the English-only debate reminding him that state entities receiving federal funds have to observe certain laws regarding people with limited proficiency in English.

The letter, sent by all seven members of the delegation, asks Holder to explain his department’s "overreachâ€
    ------------------------

"ENGLISH ONLY" has nothing to do with civil rights..........
    Get Holder and the rest of those Obama Democrats out of Washington.......
    "When you have knowledge,you have a responsibility to do better"_ Paula Johnson

"I did then what I knew to do. When I knew better,I did better"_ Maya Angelou

Go Oklahoma!
    I do believe this is one state that leads the way in standing up for their own.

Quote Originally Posted by uniteasone
    Go Oklahoma!
    I do believe this is one state that leads the way in standing up for their own.
    You've got that right, Also If every state was represented by Senators like Inhofe and Coburn this country wouldn't have such an Illegal Immigration problem as we do now.
    ------------------------

How dare the feds use federal funding as a weapon. OK should turn around and tell the feds to stick it where the sun don't shine! FREEDOM is more important than funding.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Thanks Oklahoma for sending illegals to Texas! We don't have enough. Can you please export some decent politicians instead?
    We see so many tribes overrun and undermined

While their invaders dream of lands they've left behind

Better people...better food...and better beer...

Why move around the world when Eden was so near?
    -Neil Peart from the song Territories&

Quote Originally Posted by jshhmr
    Thanks Oklahoma for sending illegals to Texas! We don't have enough. Can you please export some decent politicians instead?
    Thanks Oklahoma for sending illegals to Texas!
    Your more than welcome...any time.
    ------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by mkfarnam
    Maybe we can meet at the Red River and do some bartering...we'll give you back 10,000 of your IA's if you'll give us one of your good politicians!
    ...I call on you in the name of Liberty, of patriotism & everything dear to the American character, to come to our aid...

William Barret Travis
    Letter From The Alamo Feb 24, 1836

Quote Originally Posted by TexasBorn
    Quote Originally Posted by mkfarnam
    Maybe we can meet at the Red River and do some bartering...we'll give you back 10,000 of your IA's if you'll give us one of your good politicians!
    I was thinkin' about going to the Red River, I'm not too far north of it. But Sorry, the law's the law. At least in OK, anyway, And I aim to help keep it that way.

Send em' to Californy, or back over the border. When is Gov, Rick Perry going to initiate a bill? I'll help support it.
    ------------------------

Either the ILLEGALS went to Texas or maybe Wichita Ks.

Is Wichita on the list of Sanctuary Cities? If not it ought to be!

http://www.ojjpac.org/sanctuary.asp

OK, I just answered my own question! IT IS! The list is large too. Looks like Tulsa had a change of heart also after the year of 2007

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast