Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

First Latino Board Member Is Elected in Port Chester

First Latino Board Member Is Elected in Port Chester
    By KIRK SEMPLE
    Published: June 16, 2010

CloseLinkedinDiggMixxMySpaceYahoo! BuzzPermalink PORT CHESTER, N.Y. — This village in Westchester County has elected a Hispanic member to its board of trustees for the first time, capping a bitter legal battle over giving its large Latino population a stronger voice in local government.

That member, Luis Marino, a Peruvian immigrant who ran as a Democrat, was among the victors Tuesday in the first local election since a federal judge ordered Port Chester to adopt a new voting system to give Latinos a better shot at electing one of their own to the six-member board.

The electoral system itself made news, letting voters use six votes however they chose, including casting all six for one candidate. One Republican who won, Joseph D. Kenner, was the first black candidate elected to the board.

“I think the results are clear — that the new system worked,â€
    "When you have knowledge,you have a responsibility to do better"_ Paula Johnson

"I did then what I knew to do. When I knew better,I did better"_ Maya Angelou

First Latino

Gee, this worked so well, maybe they can use this method in the 2012 Presidential election.

1 vote, one man. This is election fraud perpetrated by our own government. JMO
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

These stories are old and have been on site before. As they are getting responses though I will leave them up.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I am surprised they allow this to hapen though. What would stop them from using everywhere in the USA now? There are plenty of areas with a high ratio of Hispanics. But as the article claims,many of these Hispanics are ILLEGALS and therefore giving the legal Hispanics an opportunity to cast more votes per person. So you may as well let the illegals vote.
    "When you have knowledge,you have a responsibility to do better"_ Paula Johnson

"I did then what I knew to do. When I knew better,I did better"_ Maya Angelou

How could a latino not win...they had six votes each! Mission accomplished!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Newmexican
    1 vote, one man. This is election fraud perpetrated by our own government. JMO
    I agree it is fraud and gerrymandering to the max!!

1 person 1 vote...
    Detect, Detain, and Deport - The 3-D method of choice!!

The reason that Latinos were underrepresented in voting power was because only citizens can vote. By this measure, they gave defacto citizenship to illegal aliens. Who cares how many Latino residents there are who are unable to vote - they don't deserve to have a voice in our elections.

The fact that those legal Latinos elected a Latino shows us where our country is headed if we grant amnesty again - they are about The Race (La Raza), and will support only their own. This is a set back for legal Latinos.

Quote Originally Posted by GaPatriot
    The reason that Latinos were underrepresented in voting power was because only citizens can vote.
    I wish that were true but it's not.