Like Tree6Likes

Thread: FLASHBACK: Obama Promises No Vacations For Himself As President [VIDEO]

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

FLASHBACK: Obama Promises No Vacations For Himself As President [VIDEO]

Video - what would we do without it!
    FLASHBACK: Obama Promises No Vacations For Himself As President [video]

AARON BANDLER
    Contributor
    08/11/2014

Weasel Zippers has revived an old video of Barack Obama promising not to take vacations if he were elected president.
    The video features then-Sen. Obama discussing his book “The Audacity Of Hope” with New York Times columnist Bob Herbert in 2008.

The future president was talking about how those running for president need to be prepared to “give their life to it.”
    “The bargain that any president strikes with is, you give me this office and in turn my, fears, doubts, insecurities, foibles, need for sleep, family life, vacations, leisure is gone,” Obama said. “I am giving myself to you.”

Obama went on to say that “the American people should have no patience for what’s going on in your head because you’ve got a job to do” and that people should only run for president if they’re willing to make that sacrifice.

When asked by the host if he could imagine himself making that kind of commitment, he said, “Sure.”

Weasel Zippers used the quote to criticize Obama, saying he “then proceeded to hit the golf course 186 times (and counting).”

The president has also been criticized for taking a vacation to Martha’s Vineyard while international crises are occurring.

WATCH:

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2014/08/11/fl...#ixzz3ihxr8iXF

Lies My President Told Me

One of my fondest dreams is to actually see his pants ignite when he lies!!!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I hope for his sake there's golf in that special place in hell.....

Ahem...(Senator) Barack Obama had loudly complained how foreign lobbyists were influencing our government! He sent a letter to the Department of Justice! He was worried that our sovereignty would be harmed! Now..he controls the Department of Justice and our sovereignty has deteriorated to almost nothing!

Mr. Glenn A. Fine
    United States Department of Justice
    950 Pennsylvania Avenue
    Washington, D.C. 20530

Dear Mr. Fine,July 9, 2008

It has come to our attention that there have been severe lapses in the enforcement of the Foreign Agents Registration Act (FARA). We would like to know more about the decision-making process behind FARA enforcement and whether or not enforcement has been uneven or lax over time.

As you are well aware, FARA was passed in 1938 and requires disclosure of all lobbying contacts made on behalf of foreign governments, individuals, political parties, and corporations. Disclosure is important in order for the American public to know who is influencing U.S. policy from abroad. Recently, we introduced the Closing the Foreign Lobbying Loophole Act (S. 3123) in order to close two loopholes in the law that allow certain foreign agents to operate without the sunlight of disclosure.

We believe that the requirements under FARA are clear and should be enforced in all circumstances. Violations of the disclosure law that go unpunished can undermine U.S. policy and pose national security risks to the American people. Furthermore, any specter of uneven or lax enforcement can render a very important statute toothless.

We know that you share our commitment to maintaining the public’s trust in government. We believe that allowing individuals to break the law and operate in the dark on behalf of foreign entities will erode this trust we hold so dear. Therefore, we request an examination of the Department’s enforcement record on FARA, including an analysis of all the considerations taken into account when the Department determines whether or how to enforce the law. We hope that you take appropriate steps within your Department to look into the causes of uneven or lax enforcement and provide the Attorney General or his appropriate subordinate with suggestions on how to fix any enforcement problems immediately. We also request that you transmit to us, and the appropriate congressional committees of jurisdiction, a report on your findings.

We look forward to hearing from you on this matter.

Charles E. Schumer
    United States Senator

Claire McCaskill
    United States Senator

Barack Obama
    United States Senator
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

$22.5M Obama Vacation Mansion Houses 6 Bedrooms, Oversized Fireplace, Infinity Pool

Barack Obama / AP

BY: Mark Donald Tyson
    August 13, 2015 2:15 pm

President Obama and his family are currently residing in a $22.5 million vacation home complete with six bedrooms, five bathrooms, and two half-bathrooms on the island of Martha’s Vineyard, Massachusetts.

The Huffington Post reported that the nearly 7000-square-foot Chilmark mansion, positioned on nine-and-a-half-acres, houses a sunken living room with double-height windowed walls that allow the first family a view of the heated infinity pool.
    It also features an oversized wood-burning fireplace, though temperatures on the island currently reach up to 80 degrees.
    Despite the estate’s amenities, Obama has been spending plenty of time on the golf course. On Wednesday, the president played a game of golf with NBA stars Alonzo Mourning and Ray Allen.

The group played through the course at the Farm Neck Golf Club in Martha’s Vineyard. Days earlier, Obama was spotted on the same course playing a round with comedian Larry David and others.

President Obama and his family departed the White House for the Massachusetts getaway on August 7, a day earlier than their scheduled departure date. Their 17-day vacation is more than four times the length of the average American vacation.
    Obama has spent each of his summer vacations while president on the island, with the exception of 2012 when he was running for reelection.

Obama has planned no public events during his vacation.

Video Report at the link.

http://freebeacon.com/politics/22-5m...infinity-pool/

Quote Originally Posted by Newmexican View Post
    The future president was talking about how those running for president need to be prepared to “give their life to it.”
    “The bargain that any president strikes with is, you give me this office and in turn my, fears, doubts, insecurities, foibles, need for sleep, family life, vacations, leisure is gone,” Obama said. “I am giving myself to you.”
    For this narcissistic hustler, "truth" is whatever gets him what he wants on any given day. By this time I'm certain that he realizes that the mainstream media is not going to call him on his lies.
    Americans first in this magnificent country

American jobs for American workers

Fair trade, not free trade