Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Floor revolt: No vacation for House Republicans

Not immigration related but every time San Fran Nan looks like the complete idiot she is it's post worthy.

Floor revolt: No vacation for House Republicans; GOP calls for special session on gas prices

By Michelle Malkin • August 1, 2008 12:37 PM

Scroll for updates…

Just got this heads up from a Hill staffer. The Democrats may have gone on vacation, but House Republicans are on the floor today, working on behalf of taxpayers to push energy proposals forward. Nancy Pelosi, meanwhile, is busy hawking her miserably performing book–currently 1,726 on Amazon.com:

Sent: Friday, August 01, 2008 11:39 AM
    Subject: WHIP FLOOR UPDATE

Although, this Democrat Majority just Adjourned for the Democrat 5-Week Vacation, House Republicans are continuing to fight on the House Floor. Although the lights, mics and C-SPAN camera’s have been turned off, House Republicans are on the Floor speaking to the taxpayers in the gallery who, not surprisingly, agree with Republican Energy proposals.

All Republicans who are in town are encouraged to come to the House Floor.

Update: From the Republican Study Committee, a call for President Bush to convene a special session on gas prices.

Just do it!

Congressman Jeb Hensarling (R-TX), Chairman of the House Republican Study Committee (RSC), and Congressman Mike Pence (R-IN), former Chairman of RSC, today urged President Bush to call for a special session of Congress after the House adjourned without allowing a vote on comprehensive legislation to develop more American energy and help the millions of Americans currently feeling pain at the gas pump.

The text of their letter is below:

The President
    The White House
    Washington, D.C. 20500

Dear Mr. President,

The House of Representatives has not taken a vote since January 2007 that would expand domestic energy production. All the while, Americans are hurting. Every time they go to fill up their cars, trucks or tractors they feel the pain at the pump. High gas prices are harming the vitality of our families, the elderly, small businesses, and family farms. Each and every American is affected.

Today the Democrat controlled Congress adjourned for a five-week vacation without taking a vote on bipartisan measures that would lessen our dependence on foreign oil by allowing more domestic drilling on the Outer Continental Shelf. In fact, they adjourned without even allowing time for debate on the subject of drilling.

On July 14, 2008, you took the strong action of lifting the executive order that had banned offshore drilling. In so doing, you said that allowing offshore oil drilling is “one of the most important steps we can takeâ€

Floor revolt

If only they would be this committed to stopping illegal immigration, which is also costing us billions in taxes.

Re: Floor revolt

Quote Originally Posted by Texan123
    If only they would be this committed to stopping illegal immigration, which is also costing us billions in taxes.
    Exactly! If they did that coupled with this action America vote Republican this fall. Unfortunately the elites that run this party are bought and paid by the OBL.

Nancy Pelosi wrote a book? What's it about, hand gestures and botox?

I hope Pelsoi catches alot of crap from the public while out pushing her book about Woman....YIKKKES no wonder it is 1700+ on sellers list, this subject coming from a complete failure in the congress of the United States! and a disgrace to all women!

Someone should remind her she took an oath of office.
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Web Result!

"House Speaker Nancy Pelosi published a book this week titled, Know Your Power: A Message to America’s Daughters. The publisher, Random House, says Pelosi “continues to inspire women everywhere in this thought-provoking collection of wise words—her own and those of the important people who played pivotal roles in her journey.â€
    If Palestine puts down their guns, there will be peace.
    If Israel puts down their guns there will be no more Israel.
    Dick Morris

and a disgrace to all women!

God forbid! She doesn't speak for me!!!!!!!!!!

She is a disgrace to womanhood. Her purpose is to set the example of what NOT to be.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Heard she ordered the CSpan cameras turned off...and the lights turned down. Last I heard, the lights were turned up! What a witch!!!!

To be Real on the topic . First , to Hell with Pelosi
    Second , it's a shame it had to come to this . 6 years ago the Gop controlled Everything . They when crazy with power and lust for money . Bills written and chaired by Frist (R,Tn) where all power bills for lobbist. Tom Delay and Jack Abramoff , remember them ? This is still the Dog and Pony show . Big Oil owns our weak minded officals or we would have had an Energy Policy in the 70'S . Not "Begging" for one now from people that go though money with no concern at all for the taxpayer . We need Independents in DC with "No Law" Degree , but a lot of Common Sense .
    Just my opinion , but i'm sticking to it

Yeah , and i'm in a good mood today
    Nam vet 1967/1970 Skull & Bones can KMA .Bless our Brothers that gave their all ..It also gives me the right to Vote for Chuck Baldwin 2008 POTUS . NOW or never*

JAK
    We need Independents in DC with "No Law" Degree , but a lot of Common Sense .
    ...and thats the way I will be voting!!! I am not playing their games anymore. We NEED people who LOVE THIS COUNTRY TO BE IN OFFICE!
    NOT TRAITORS!!!!!!!! We are so afraid that one or the other may win that we are afraid to take a chance on losing! But really... we lose if either one of these two TRAITORS get into office. So... I am stepping out, taking a chance on an INDEPENDENT and praying to God there will be others who are thinking the same way. WHAT DO WE HAVE TO LOSE?!
    If Obama or McCain wins... WE LOSE ANYWAY! At least in the presidency.
    We can still stop them through the House and the Senate! So I hope Americans will come together and VOTE INDEPENDENT!
    Please help save America for our children and grandchildren... they are counting on us. THEY DESERVE the goodness of AMERICA not to be given to those who are stealing our children's future! ... and a congress who works for THEM!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast