Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Folks need to keep in mind the different kinds of immigrants

Folks need to keep in mind the different kinds of immigrants

Bob Henderson, Asheville
    November 26, 2007 12:15 am
    Why all the confusion about enforcing our immigration laws? The simplistic answer?

Democrats want loose immigration enforcement because illegal immigrants translate into votes. Republicans like the cheap labor they represent. Then there are those who would open our doors to all the needy of the world.

The fact is, the law is being broken. The law is there to protect us from all the potential dangers accompanying failure to enforce the law. How many people can the U.S. absorb and still retain the quality of life that makes us such a great country, as well as the hope it represents to the rest of the world? How is cheap labor affecting American workers?

Disease as well as terrorists can slip across our borders if it is not defended. And, aren’t there better ways to get elected than by, in effect, stuffing the ballot box? For instance, defending the foundations upon which our nation was built on, including respect for the law.

It is fortunate that candidates for Congress from the 11th District, Republican and Democrat, support enforcement of the law. What is frustrating is to read so many comments making no distinction between illegal immigrants and legal immigrants.

Bob Henderson, Asheville

www.citizen-times.com
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

There are only two types of immigrants, legal and illegal.

Short and sweet and right!!!
    PROMOTE SELF DEPORTATION, ENFORCE OUR
    LAWS!

I couldn't figure out if the admonition was for the politician or for people like us.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I got "politicians" out of it, but maybe I missed something. Wouldnt be
    the first time.
    PROMOTE SELF DEPORTATION, ENFORCE OUR
    LAWS!

I am thinking that was it also, but it first hit me as just people.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

My mother's family fled Russian Communism in their native Ukraine. But they did NOT SNEAK into America; they did it RIGHT the FIRST time and came here LEGALLY. My legal resident Brazilian friend ALSO followed the rules and came LEGALLY. Newcomers who SNEAK or BARGE into OUR country come here ILLEGALLY, thus they are ILLEGAL aliens, and NEED to be DEPORTED!