Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Foxx praises Senate vote

Foxx praises Senate vote to put brakes on immigration bill
    Thursday June 28, 2007 Contact: Aaron Groen
    (202) 225-2071
    http://www.foxx.house.gov/index.cfm?Con ... ItemID=848

Opposes Senate Immigration Bill that Fails on Fairness, Justice
    WASHINGTON, D.C.—The United States Senate voted not to limit debate on the controversial immigration legislation currently before the body. In a procedural victory for opponents of the bill, the Senate voted 46-53 against ending debate on the bill. Congresswoman Virginia Foxx issued the following statement:
    “This defeat for the immigration bill signals that the American people have made it clear that under no circumstances do they support legislation offering amnesty to illegal aliens. The Senate finally heard the American people’s voices and voted to put the procedural brakes on an ill-conceived piece of immigration legislation.
    “Instead of wholesale amnesty, the issue of illegal immigration demands a careful, law-respecting solution. I have heard from hundreds of constituents who have expressed strong opposition to any legislation that undermines the rule of law by granting amnesty to illegal aliens.
    “This bill did not pass the test for fairness and justice and failed to respect the millions of people who worked within the system and emigrated legally. I will continue to oppose any legislation that short-circuits our longstanding tradition of the rule of a law.
    “The immigration debate is about more than the statistics and figures. It is about the future of America. It is about our future respect for the rule of law. Our nation is built upon this strong tradition. Immigration reform that dishonors the rule of law is short-sighted and will ultimately fail.â€
    * <div>[b]<div>2000 people has visited http://www.dumpgloria.com/ in the last 3 months
    People who believes in God, America, The Bill Of Rights and Limited Government.
    </div>
    </div>

RIGHT ON...Virgina!!!
    "You tell 'em I'm coming...and hell's coming with me, you hear!?"