Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Free Gov. cell phones

I love it. The Government is billions in the red but they give "low income" people free cell phones. What a joke. Everytime I see the commercial I want to scream. Like we don't have enough welfare programs that can be scammed over. I received a call from someone who said he just got his and wanted to give me a call. He then began to brag about the view he had from his girl friends penthouse. You don't want to know what I told him!

Banned
    A girl I work with just got hers. Supposedly the purpose of this phone is so poor people can call 911. If that is true, then why are they given 125 minutes a month? Why can you text messages on them? And best of all you can call foreign countries. And of course the instuction book is written in both English and spanish. I cannot understand why our government feels people have the right to chat with their friends with our money.

"I'm An American, and I'm PISSED OFF!!!"

Banned
    What?? Giving people free cell phones in this country ends world wide poverty? How does that work?

What you have asked makes sense. This doesnt. It is aimed at eradicating the impoverished, and the global interconnectedness. Hold on, I will find the US Govt link
    http://www.lifeline.gov/lifeline_Consumers.html
    http://www.lifeline.gov/LLLUReport.pdf
    within this report, please pay attention to the groups they paid attention to:
    Initiate communication with ethnic, faith-based and other relevant associations. At a minimum, these associations should be encouraged to provide links on their Web sites to relevant information on Lifeline and Link-Up. Participating in joint outreach publications or events may also be appropriate to increase awareness. Examples of such organizations include:
    o National Congress of American Indians
    o Affiliated Tribes of Northwest Indians
    o NAACP
    o National Urban league
    o La Raza!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! REALLY?
    o Hebrew Immigrant Aid Society
    o B’nai Brith
    o Asian Advocacy and Assistance Groups
    o Catholic Relief Services

FCC realease
    FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: MEDIA CONTACT:
    March 3, 2011 Robert Kenny: 202-418-0506
    Email: Robert.Kenny@fcc.gov
    FCC CHAIRMAN GENACHOWSKI TAKES STEPS TO INCREASE ACCESS TO BROADBAND AND TELECOMMUNICATIONS SERVICES FOR ALL AMERICANS

Washington, D.C. – The Federal Communications Commission, under the leadership of Chairman Julius Genachowski, this week took a series of steps to expand access and opportunity to broadband and telecommunications services across the nation.

Chairman Genachowski said, “In our 21st century digital economy, broadband – high-speed Internet – is the great equalizer – giving every American with an Internet connection access to a world of new opportunities previously beyond their reach.

Our new initiatives and reforms to existing programs are aimed at narrowing the digital divide. I look forward to working with my fellow commissioners, the public, industry, civil rights organizations, schools and health care facilities across the nation to eliminate the digital divide once and for all.â€
    "I'm An American, and I'm PISSED OFF!!!"