Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Fresno State student body president is undocumented immigran

Fresno State student body president is undocumented immigrant
    Tuesday, November 16, 2010

FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The student body president at Fresno State has revealed a big secret with potentially life-changing consequences.

Pedro Ramirez now says he's not ashamed to admit -- he's an undocumented immigrant.

Ramirez says for past four years he's had to lie about his immigration status because he was afraid of what would happen to him. But now he says he doesn't have to be afraid anymore.

Pedro Ramirez undocumented status had been a secret to his classmates and teachers. But that all changed Tuesday when the Fresno State newspaper the Collegian published this article online.

"For me it's a big relief. I've been holding this in for the majority of my life since I found out in high school." said Ramirez.

Ramirez came to the United States from Mexico when he was three. He says he didn't find out about his illegal status until he applied for scholarships and military grants his senior year.

Having no social security card meant no federal funding. "So I just went through the college route. A lot of my counselors helped me out. They told me of the way that I can get into college without being a citizen." added Ramirez.

Ramirez is receiving his education through a state bill that allows him to pay in-state tuition.

When the political science major decided to run for office last spring he thought nothing of his undocumented status.

"There's no citizenship requirements to be a student officer. It's student government. I'm here to serve the students not the state of California or the federal government." said Ramirez.

But not everyone agrees.

Cole Rojewski also ran for president and lost to Ramirez.

"He misled the students he wasn't up front about it. And no one knew about it. So I think he should step down and have a re-election." said Rojewski.

Action News spoke to many students on campus who has just learned of the news. Their opinions were mixed.

"To me honestly it does not matter. I mean as long as he, whatever he's running for, if he does a good job at it then that is perfectly fine with me." said Christina Esquivel.

"I'm a legal immigrant. And I went through so much pain to immigrate to this country it's a very long process and it bothers me that people would just come in without doing it but I understand it can be difficult." said Isaac Martin.

Ramirez says he would have preferred to reveal his secret in a different way but fear kept him in hiding until now.

"When you lie or when you hold something back or you hold it in. It kind of blinds you and you don't know what to do. So coming out of the shadows and telling people what I am and what I've been through you know it's a big relief for me." said Ramirez.

Ramirez says he is also aware that there could be severe consequences to coming clean including the possibility of being deported. But for now, he's just focused on getting his degree in the spring.

http://abclocal.go.com/kfsn/story?secti ... le-7793129

He and his parents should be deported post haste. No, it's not his fault that he was brought here when he was 3 by his parents, no more than it's his fault that he's a natural citizen of another country because of who his parents are. It's no one's fault who your parents are or where your land of citizenship is. It's just a fact, and if you're in our country, no matter what your age or circumstances are, without permission, then you and whoever brought you here needs to be deported. All those who helped him and his parents deceive and game the system need to be fined $1,000 a day for every day he and his parents have been here for aiding and abetting illegal aliens.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by Judy
    He and his parents should be deported post haste. No, it's not his fault that he was brought here when he was 3 by his parents, no more than it's his fault that he's a natural citizen of another country because of who his parents are. It's no one's fault who your parents are or where your land of citizenship is. It's just a fact, and if you're in our country, no matter what your age or circumstances are, without permission, then you and whoever brought you here needs to be deported. All those who helped him and his parents deceive and game the system need to be fined $1,000 a day for every day he and his parents have been here for aiding and abetting illegal alien

s.
    Judy
    you are right 100 % rigth how many more are just like this
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Having no social security card meant no federal funding. "So I just went through the college route. A lot of my counselors helped me out. They told me of the way that I can get into college without being a citizen." added Ramirez.
    So we now have guidance counselors aiding and abetting a known illegal invader! Why am I not surprised!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

on one hand i can feel sorry for a kid like this ....

on the other hand justice needs to be metted out ...

i could accept him if his parents were found ,charged with a felony , imprisoned and then deported , along with having ALL of their assests stripped ... then i would be amenable to granting him citizenship , conditioned of course on the fact that he pays ALL of the fees that a normal immgrant would pay to get to this country ...

but no one should walk scott free ... not in this day and age when americans are SUFFERING ...

They did a similar segent on the treasonous USD Town Hall special on MSNBC the other day. They had a college student on who was illegal, but came here at such a young age that he has known no other country, and refused to go back to Mexico.
    They had Mike Cutler from the Center for Immigration Control on, and he said that the exceptional cases can't decide our overall policy.

I agree with him, but I also agree with marquis that this is not a simple issue. The bottum line is that our laws can not be selectively enforced. And that stories like these are a direct result of non-enforcement of our immigration laws for 24 years. If these laws had been enforced a couple decades ago when these people were 2 or 3, nobody would have an issue with it. The laws go unenforced for decades, and now it has created a whole new set of problems with enforcement. I would not be surprised if this was the globalists strategy the entire time, so acqueiscing because the government has been so terribly derilict in its duty would be a mistake.
    Serve Bush with his letter of resignation.

See you at the signing!!