Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Geller: I Support Cruz; but the War on Trump is Extreme and Repulsive

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Geller: I Support Cruz; but the War on Trump is Extreme and Repulsive

Finally, an adult speaks.
    Geller: I Support Cruz; but the War on Trump is Extreme and Repulsive

AP Photo/Jim Cole

by PAMELA GELLER
    28 Jan 2016

It’s no secret that I endorse Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) for President, because he best represents conservative ideals. And yes, I was highly critical of Donald Trump’s attack on the First Amendment in the wake of the thwarted jihad mass shooting at our American Freedom Defense Initiative (AFDI) free speech event in Garland, Texas last May.

This was because if someone doesn’t have a fundamental understanding of the importance of the First Amendment, he is disqualified to be President. But the war that has been declared within our own ranks against Donald Trump is repulsive in the extreme, and getting worse by the day.

National Review dedicated an entire issue to attacking Trump, with the cover featuring a list of the heavy hitters on the Right who were lining up to bash Trump. They have no right to be heavy hitters on the Right. Whether you like Trump or not, it is wonderful that our tent is so genuinely diverse intellectually that he could be the front runner. It is to our credit.

In the wake of that outrageous National Review issue dedicated to attacking, defaming, and destroying Donald Trump, the Weekly Standard, like the good little goose steppers they are, followed with an even more vicious attack on the Republican front runner. TheWeekly Standard’s hit piece was illustrated with a photo of Trump as King Kong, as Weekly Standard editor William Kristol tweeted smug and silly apologies to King Kong: “Of course unfair to King Kong, who’s a noble and tragic figure.” The Standard may depict Trump as King Kong, but they’re acting like Godzilla. Who died and made William Kristol king of the Right? He is following the dictum of Walter Ulbricht, General Secretary of the East German Communist Party: if the people don’t vote the way you want, “Change the people.”

And the jihad against Trump continues. The irony is that what the GOP establishment is accusing Trump of doing is exactly what they themselves are doing. How imperial and autocratic of the establishment Right to dictate to the people who they can and cannot support. Their contempt for the people is anathema to who we are: Ronald Reagan always stood fast and insisted that we don’t eat our own. Remember his Eleventh Commandment: Thou shalt not speak ill of a fellow Republican.

So what are the establishment Republicans doing? They talk about the Right imploding – they’re the ones who are setting off the suicide bombs. How often have conservatives swallowed that jagged little pill and supported the clown that the establishment put up? I have permanent dent marks in my nostrils from holding my nose to support Sen. John McCain (R-AZ)
    for President. That was painful. And so was Romney, a 20th-century candidate in a 21st-century fight. But we did it, because that was who the Party picked. But now the people are picking.

Fox News is the only game in town for the Right, and yet Fox and the Republican establishment are more vicious and divisive than the Left. And the Left, not surprisingly, is loving it: the New York Times crowed that “Trump’s war on Fox News isn’t just a media spat. It’s part of a war for control against the power structure of the G.O.P. — whose appeals to cultural anxieties he has hijacked and dialed up to 11 — and thus against Fox as an extension of it. (The bizarro-world possibility of a Fox News at odds with the Republican nominee, should Mr. Trump win, would be one more weird twist in a campaign full of them.)” Trump’s war on Fox? What about Fox’s war on Trump? They’re supposed to be a news organization holding a debate. Yet their press release attacking Trump was snarky, baiting, adolescent – unworthy of what they claim to be.

In reality, Fox News and Trump’s bęte noire Megyn Kelly have jumped the shark. The love fest Tuesday night between Kelly and Michael Moore pulled back the curtain on the RINO news network. It was jarring. My tweet referring to the “love affair” between Kelly and Moore and adding that Fox News “hates Trump more than it loves its own integrity” was retweeted hundreds of times. Megyn has Michael Moore on her show? By way of comparison, Megyn Kelly has never once had me on — even in the wake of the assassination attempt in Garland, Texas and the Boston jihad plot to behead me for my “blasphemy.”

On the show, Moore gushed over Kelly: “You have to play ball with this network. Donald Trump today said ‘I’m not playing ball with this network.’ That’s a historic moment! […] You’ve made this happen. You’ve caused a crisis upstairs.” He added: “God bless you, Megyn Kelly!”

My take? Megyn Kelly is angling to be the next evening news anchor on one of the big three networks. She aspires to be the next Diane Sawyer (the new haircut is a dead giveaway).

As if that wasn’t bad enough, it came out soon afterward that Fox News plans to give an anti-Trump Muslim supremacist a platform for her hatred. Nabeela Noor has smeared Trump as a bigot and likened him to Adolf Hitler. Fox needs to feature an Islamic supremacist in a debate? Really? Why not Ibn Warraq or Robert Spencer? Why not, finally, have a true scholar on jihadic doctrine instead of a soldier for Islamic supremacism?

All this shows the bottom line: Trump was right to pull out of the debate.

The GOP is imploding. If the GOP establishment and the RINOs had gone after the Democrats the way they’re going after Donald Trump, we would have been on a winning streak this past decade. They have done this for years to my colleagues and me. But when they try it with Trump, this is a target too big to ignore. The curtain has been pulled back: average Republicans now see what the GOP establishment has been doing to them for decades.

Maybe this is what is needed, so as to expose Fox definitively and bring down the clueless, corrupt and compromised Republican establishment. Conservatives and the principled right have no media outlet — none. Is there not a conservative billionaire who can buy HLN or some failing liberal news outlet and relieve our abject misery? And while yes, I endorse Cruz, you can rest assured that if Donald Trump gets the nomination, I will vigorously support his candidacy with everything I have. Because that’s what we do. That’s who we are. And these men – Roger Ailes, William Kristol, Glenn Beck, Erick Erickson, Andrew McCarthy, John Podhoretz, and the rest – are yesterday’s men, as you will see as history steamrolls over the failed, weak, and corrupt Republican Party they represent.

Pamela Geller is the President of the American Freedom Defense Initiative (AFDI), publisher of PamelaGeller.com and author of The Post-American Presidency: The Obama Administration’s War on America and Stop the Islamization of America: A Practical Guide to the Resistance. Follow her on Twitter here. Like her on Facebook here.
    http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...and-repulsive/

She's right about Fox News! That's for sure.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

It’s no secret that I endorse Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) for President, because he best represents conservative ideals.
    It is more important to WIN THE ELECTION ! Conservative ideals do not resonate with enough voters to win all of our states. Bite off your nose to spite your face instead of looking at the gift horse at your mouth.

Unless Trump is some sort of a pathological liar he needs to be listened to.

Over the last five years when he has appeared at any news conference or made a public statement he has been SPOT-ON about the consequences of globalism and the declining economic vitality of the US. It sounds like he would actually take action on economic issues, instead of simply blindly following the prevailing economic 'wisdom' of globalization. FOX news is rife with globalists and status seekers with their cushy, high paid "news team." Sure, MSNBC is worse.....
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Captainron, Donald Trump has been sayings these things almost word for word for almost 30 years that I know of personally. Every interview, every talk show, every Letterman, it's always been the same whenever he was asked or offered about the country. What he says is who he is and you can believe him completely. Trump is older than I am, he was in college in the 60's, I was in college in the 70's. We remember how it was supposed to be, and then it changed. We both have minors in economics, taught on the American Economic System, not the Globalist System that younger college folks are taught, so he understands our system, and that's why these younger ones don't. That's why he calls them all stupid incompetents, because they are.

That's why he's so surprised that when he's out there in America meeting with the people, they get it, they know the system we're supposed to have, they've lived it, they know just as he knows and I know and so many people here on ALIPAC know. And he's thrilled to learn that we are one, we know, that's why we support him, because we're so thrilled to have someone who knows what we know running for President.

Trump is one of US. He just worked hard and had some advantages from his family that most of US haven't had, but he's worked as hard as anyone with that kind of background and made the best of it while improving whatever area his company invested and worked projects in. Some people lose themselves and become other people with that kind of success, but Trump really didn't. He stayed who he was. He said once in an interview that when things were really rolling, he was younger, everything he touched turned to gold, as if he had a midas touch, and he admitted he got a little carried away with himself, then the economy tanked, some projects got in trouble, and that brought him back to reality.

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Trump is not a conservative; he is a populist. His voting record has been made public and he has voted Republican every time. Unlike Reagan who started out as a liberal! In the Anglosphere, conservative means liberal. The term conservative was coined in France by a French Aristocrat in reaction to the French Revolution. The term migrated to England, where the British changed the definition of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Clinias View Post
    Trump is not a conservative; he is a populist. His voting record has been made public and he has voted Republican every time. Unlike Reagan who started out as a liberal! In the Anglosphere, conservative means liberal. The term conservative was coined in France by a French Aristocrat in reaction to the French Revolution. The term migrated to England, where the British changed the definition of it.
    I knew they were lying about him voting Democrat but I didn't know how to prove it. Donald Trump is a True Republican. He is exactly like everyone in my family for generations. Secure borders, zero or modest immigration, protected trade, fiscal responsibility but not cheapskates, believe in big projects that benefit the whole country from railroads to highways to parks to worker protections to environmental protection, good solid basic education, manufacturing is base of the economy, equal rights, civil rights, human rights, everything Republicans have believed in since the party was founded.

That's why the "conservatives" at National Review hate him, they don't understand him, they can't stand what he wants to do, because they are not Republicans, they are something else.

NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW
    Quote Originally Posted by Clinias View Post
    If you don't mind me asking, exactly who are these Republicans he's voted for "every time"? Where can I find these public records? I've seen a lot of evidence of where he's donated money to liberal politicians and RINOs such as John McCain, but finding any voting record on him is difficult. Please direct me to a source. Thank you.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

January 26, 2016, 08:23 am

Trump: I'll work with Democrats

By Jesse Byrnes

Getty
    Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump is stressing his bona fides as a dealmaker who'd be able to enter the White House and work with congressional Democrats to hammer out agreements.

"I think I'm going to be able to get along with Pelosi — I've always had a good relationship with Nancy Pelosi," Trump said Tuesday on MSNBC's "Morning Joe," referring to the House minority leader.
    "Reid's going to be gone. I've always had a decent relationship with Reid," Trump said, referring to Harry Reid (D-Nev.), the Senate minority leader. "I always had a great relationship with Harry Reid."

Trump said he thought he'd get along with "just about everybody," including Sen. Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y.), likely to be the next Senate Democratic leader, who Trump said he was "close to ... in many in ways."

The real estate mogul is targeting GOP rival Ted Cruz, against whom Trump is running neck and neck in Iowa a week out from the state's caucuses. Trump argues that the Texas senator won't work with others in Congress and that while both candidates have positioned themselves as political outsiders, Trump argues even Republicans don't want Cruz.

"He is a guy that nobody likes and nobody trusts," Trump said on MSNBC before reiterating that Cruz "is a nasty guy, he says things that are very nasty, so I have to be nastier than him and it's just one of those things."

"I've been in politics all my life, I've been dealing with politicians all my life," Trump said of whether he would have any friends in Congress.

The pivot to stress his ability to work with Democrats in Congress comes as Trump continues to dominate in polls nationally and in New Hampshire, which hosts its primary Feb. 9, eight days after Iowa.

Trump has argued that establishment Republicans are warming to his potential presidency because they are scared of Cruz getting into the White House.

Still, Trump was thrown on the defensive Tuesday by a pair of Cruz's ads released in the past week hitting Trump on eminent domain and bashing the businessman for calling the people of Iowa "stupid."

"He's just saying lie after lie, it's not becoming," Trump said on ABC's "Good Morning America."

During that interview, when pressed on whether one could assume Trump would show up at the Fox News debate Thursday night, Trump told ABC, "You can probably make that assumption, but I'm thinking about it."

During the MSNBC interview, Trump also teased rolling out a "very powerful endorsement" Tuesday. He was backed by 2008 Republican vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin last week and "Duck Dynasty" star Willie Robertson.

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/...with-democrats

NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn