Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

On Glenn Beck Friday

A woman called into Glenn's show. She said she had been at her local S.S. office, and the room was filled with Latino's. Said all she heard spoken, was Spanish.

She said a woman came into the office, with a table, cardboard signs, and set it up right in the office...then sat down at the table.

She said the signs were in Spanish too.

Glenn asked her what they said, she didn't know..but gave him the spellings of some of the words.....

Glenn said that was "Bank of America"!

Now, if you or I went into a federal office and set up a table to sell something, don't you think we would be kicked right out of there?
    Do not vote for Party this year, vote for America and American workers!

This certainly needs to be looked into. I wonder where she was calling from.....

http://www.consumeraffairs.com/news04/bofa.html

Bank of America Loses Class Action Suit

February 24, 2004
    A San Francisco jury found that Bank of America illegally raided the Social Security benefits of a million customers and awarded damages that could exceed $1 billion.

The case revolves around a California law that prohibits banks from taking customers' Social Security benefits to recover debts owed to the bank. The jury verdict, which followed a six-week trial, requires Bank of America to pay $75 million to the plaintiffs, plus $1,000 in special damages to each customer who proves the bank's actions caused substantial emotional or economic harm.

The case was filed six years ago by Paul Miller, a disabled photojournalist, whose income of roughly $640 per month came from Social Security and Supplemental Security Income, according to his attorneys Mark Johnson and Thomas Brandi. They said a mix-up that started when the bank improperly credited their client with $1,800, then deducted it later, threw Miller's life into turmoil.

Miller was awarded $275,000.

The suit, which eventually became a class action suit on behalf of more than a million others who depend on the government checks and said their accounts were tapped for bank charges, alleged that government-issued funds are protected from such deductions.

The bank's attorney, Joseph Genshlea, argued that the bank's policy was intended to protect its customers from problems such as bouncing a check.

San Francisco Superior Court Judge Anne Bouliane will decide which customers qualify for the special damages.

Just a week ago, Bank of America agreed to pay $33 million to settle a nearly 10-year-old case alleging that 2,500 trust accounts were overcharged dating back to 1974. Bank of America uncovered the trust account problems after it inherited the customers in a 1992 acquisition of Security Pacific Bank.
    Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God

Senior Member ShockedinCalifornia's Avatar
    I believe its no longer called Bank of America. It is now BANC OF AMERICA.

This was on a piece of mailed advertising I received a few days ago.

Anytime I receive a B of A credit card application, I simply fill it out as "Juan Valdez" with no address info. I then mail it back to them.

It seems to me that BANK OF AMERICA is taking the AMERICAN people for fools! Hopefully we will make them pay$ for it !