Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Glenn Beck -Listens Give To Ramos and Campean Families

Glenn Beck: $132,000 in 3 days

August 6, 2008 - 13:11 ET

Ramos/Compean fundraiser
    From Pat Gray's Blog...

The families of these border agent/political prisoners are struggling. Homes are in jeopardy, lives torn apart. So, we’re raising money for Monica Ramos and Patty Compean.

We’re asking that instead of one check, split your donation between the two: Make them out separately to Monica Ramos…AND…Patty Compean…and mail to:

Edd Henndee
    Taste of Texas
    10505 Katy Freeway
    Houston, Texas 77024

GLENN: So yesterday Ed went down, a friend of ours, partner of yours, more of a friend of mine and partner of yours. You know what I'm saying?

GRAY: I know what you're saying.

GLENN: But he went down and he met with Nacio Ramos in prison.

GRAY: Yeah. This is, I think, the third time that he's met with him in prison, and just had a great talk with him because we've been doing the fundraiser obviously and so have you, and so he luckily we had this scheduled anyway and so he was able to tell him about the first couple of days and

GLENN: How long does it take Ed to get that schedule? It took us six months.

GRAY: You know, he goes through a local congressman that he's very close to.

GLENN: Yeah, yeah. Our congressman, not a lot of help.

GRAY: Not so much.

GLENN: Not so much, no.

GRAY: Yeah, it surprises me. In Connecticut? Huh.

GLENN: But we went and it was impossible to get in to see him. In fact, the first interview with both Compean and Ramos, the first in prison interview is in Fusion magazine. I couldn't bring a microphone or a camera in. I mean, you know, for their protection.

GRAY: For their protection.

GLENN: That's what it was.

GRAY: They thought you were going to beat him to death?

GLENN: No, it was for their protection, yeah.

GRAY: Uh huh, yeah, yeah.

GLENN: So I went in and interviewed and if you sign up for Fusion magazine, you'll get the first interview, first in prison interview with both Compean and Ramos in Fusion magazine. 888 Glenn Beck or GlennBeck.com. So he spoke with him yesterday and what happened?

GRAY: Here just an amazing story from Nacio because Nacio was talking about how, you know, just as the new verdict from the Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals started to sink in and I think he said in the last week or so and he said he started to realize, you know, he's going to he's going to be in prison now for a while.

GLENN: I think he's going to be in prison, unless something dramatic happens. I think these guys are going to be in prison for the term.

GRAY: I hope not.

GLENN: I hope not, either. It's going to have to something dramatic's going to have to happen.

GRAY: It is, it is. And, you know, obviously they are going to go unbunk and plead the case to the entire fifth circuit court which is 22 judges and if that doesn't work out, they will still take it to the supreme courts but, you know, that's a process of at least a year, at least a year. So, you know, that was all sinking in.

GLENN: Maybe if it gets to Justice Kennedy and the Supreme Court because Justice Kennedy believes there's an evolving sense of morality. So if it looks like the American people are starting to say, oh, wait a minute, we think this might be wrong, maybe justice Kennedy would have that evolving sense of justice and say, well, we're headed towards a place where it looks like this isn't wrong.

GRAY: Yeah, that gives is all just a glimmer of hope.

GLENN: It does, doesn't it? It wounds my heart.

GRAY: So as he's starting to realize how long he's going to be there and that his family's going to be without him and he can't support them for an even longer period of time, he just broke down. And at that point just ask Dodd, you're going to have to take care of my family because I just can't do it. Here, there's absolutely nothing I can do; please just see to my family. The next day he's listening to your show as he does every day and you've got his wife on and Patty Compean and me and we're talking about the fundraiser, and he had no idea it was coming. And he stopped right there dead in his tracks in the cell and just realized at that point and spoke it aloud: God, you've been here with me, you're here with me now and you've been here with me all along. And I get it now. I get it now. And so I realized at that point that, yeah, God is helping take care of his family.

GLENN: Isn't that amazing?

GRAY: Incredible, fantastic. You know, to get a small part in being a conduit and watching people just take off with this thing. In a time when we're told, you know, how bad the economy is. And yeah, it is. Everybody's struggling now to meet their bills and to just buy a tank of gas and you've got the mortgage crunch and you've got the uncertainty of the future and people stepping up like that? We've got $23,000 for these families in one day. This was before your listeners' donations started to get here. That's $46,000 on the first day. By day two it was $36,000 a piece for a total of $72,000. And then the listeners from all over the country from hearing your show

GLENN: This one time, we asked one time.

GRAY: One time. One time, and it kicked up the donations. The first day we got donations from around the country, went up to $66,000 per family. So in three days over $132,000 for the Ramos and Compean family.

GLENN: And that is again I just want to say some of that money is locally from Pat. That is this audience. One day, one mention. One mention. And it's nontax deductible. I mean, that is it's absolutely incredible.

GRAY: Nothing in it for anybody.

GLENN: Anybody. Nothing in it for anybody.

GRAY: Except the eternal principle we talked about when we were on my show today, that when you look outside yourself, you know, blessings will come to you as well. Your life is going to be happier, it's going to be better. And the amazing thing is, you know, our listeners get that. They understand that.

GLENN: You know, I said to you on your show, because you brought me on this morning and you told me this news and it came as just a, just it was a blessing to me to hear. And I shared a story that a very good friend of mine who has been just, he has had a horrible, horrible, tough life. We used to have to, when I was 15, 16, 17 years old, we would go down to the bar and we would have to go down and get his stepfather and pull him out of the bar drunk. And we you know, and he would just be, you know, typical drunk and we, as kids, would pull them out and take him home and put him into bed. And his father he saw kill himself and he just, had just his life has just been one tragedy right after another. And he's been an atheist or on good days an agnostic. And he came out to visit me and we spent a week together and we were sitting here in a hotel having dinner right after the new year and he said, I'm just miserable, Glenn and I'm having a hard time with money and I can't, I can't do it anymore. And I said, you know, I know you don't believe in God but just try two principles. The first one is you're worried about money? Give it away. Give it away. Just know that by giving it away, more will come back to you. Worry about somebody else and give that money away, just 10%. You're going to struggle with that 10%. Just give it away and more will come back.

Then the other one is serve other people. Stop worrying about yourself. Just serve other people and everything will be okay. He called me last week. He said, Glenn, I can't believe it. Not only am I happy, not only am I by serving other people am I finding such peace and comfort, he said, but I've been giving money away. He said, an aunt of mine who just died I didn't even know I had left me a huge sum of money and on the same day, the day that the day before I was saying, I don't have any money, what am I going to do because I've, you know, been living these principles, he said, and I also got another check that I wasn't even expecting. And they were large sums of money. He said, I couldn't believe it. And he said, I've got to go start going to church. What are the rest of those principles? I called him yesterday. He went to church for the very first time in I think his life. He went to church on Sunday. Called him yesterday. Here's a lifelong friend who's been miserable his whole life and he said to me I said, how was it? How are things? He said, Glenn, I went to church on Sunday. He said, you know me. I'm not a God guy. He said, but I just just going to church that Sunday, just listening to some of that stuff and just trying to apply some of these principles, he said, these are the two happiest days of my life. Boy, if we just get outside of ourself, miracles happen.

http://www.glennbeck.com/content/articl ... 196/13520/
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

So in three days over $132,000 for the Ramos and Compean family.
    Amazing eh? Heard this part of the show also today.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by jean
    So in three days over $132,000 for the Ramos and Compean family.
    Amazing eh? Heard this part of the show also today.
    Yes it is amazing. I hope that they put it in a fund so that they can take it out slowly and not get hit with taxes.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Contrast that with a meager 67 bucks or whatever it was for the illegal alien woman trying to get her man out of lockup.

LOL
    The flag flies at half-mast out of grief for the death of my beautiful, formerly-free America. May God have mercy on your souls.
    RIP USA 7/4/1776 - 11/04/2008

$132,000 in THREE days, and Ramos and Compean and their families DESERVE EVERY penny of it!