Glenn: The President is the worst CEO in human history

Wednesday, Oct 2, 2013 at 5:58 PM EDT
Video at the Page Link:

Yesterday, President Obama claimed the failures of the Obamacare rollout are similar to the ‘glitches’ Apple faced when it rolled out its new operating system last month. But he was essentially comparing apples to oranges. On tonight’s Glenn Beck Program, Glenn explained why, if the President was a private sector CEO, he would be “the worst CEO in human history.”

Read a partial transcript of the monologue below:

…If the president were a CEO, if he were Steve Jobs, he would’ve been fired a long time ago. Let me be specific, if you were a shareholder of a company, let’s say it’s Apple, and you found out that the people who designed the new iPhone, they all said this is going to be great, but it doesn’t work yet, we don’t have it down, we won’t even be able to help take the orders for the people who want it when they come through the door, let alone the product isn’t ready.
Now, remember, you’re a shareholder of Apple, and then you found out after they launched it, and people had to wait in long lines to buy it, and it didn’t work, and you find out that Steve Jobs said I don’t care what you think, I’m not compromising, we’re not stopping it, you put it on the market, would you have sold your stock or showed up to a stockholders meeting and said I want some answers here?
You see, the president isn’t Steve Jobs, and the government is Apple. Steve Jobs constantly making products better. They started with the Macintosh in 1984. Then came the iMac and then the big boom with the iPod, then the iPhone, then the iPad. That’s what we like to call progress. Now, if governments would make that kind of progress, I would call myself a “Progressive,” but governments don’t do that.
Individuals make that kind of “progress.” Businesses make that “progress.” They do it in something called the free market. The free market created iPads. Progressives create nightmares. ObamaCare is one of them. The president has taken a company, let’s say healthcare was a company that 82% of its customers, 82% of Americans were happy with the American healthcare system.
So it wasn’t perfect. I mean, occasionally you had to go to the genius bar on occasion, but by far and away it was one of the best products in the world for health care. In the health care market, we were the Apple. Now the new CEO comes in, and he dumps it. Instead of saying okay, wait a minute, wait a minute, wait a minute, there’s some things that we need to fix, instead, he dumps it. Okay, why?
Well, it costs so much money. Well, yeah, there’s a couple of reasons for that. One, we have progressive laws that don’t allow any kind of competition at all. They’ve made it impossible for competition to exist between states, so the free market system with the insurance company has been cut out. That leads to trouble and higher cost. If you’re really a businessman, that’s what you would say.
ADVERTISEMENT
But also you would say yes, but have you noticed we have gone from the Macintosh to the iPhone? It’s design alone, progress, look at the difference between the two. Of course it is worth more money. The cost of our health care has gone up for the two reasons: One, the government won’t get out the way, and two, we have the best health care system in the world.
I mean, shouldn’t we celebrate once in a while that we’re still not using leeches to draw blood, mouth gags, skull saws, and amputation knives like they are in some parts of the world? There’s a reason why people, even dictators, fly from all over the world to come here for the best medical treatment. We have the best doctors because we also have, we’ve fostered innovation, and we have mostly left the free market system to work because 82% of us said it was good.
But our new CEO who is completely out-of-control egomaniac comes in and trashes the entire system and replaces it with one that everyone said, even the architects, will fail. So it’s not people who hated it; it’s people who designed it. And now we’re having embarrassing computer meltdowns, and it is kind of funny to look at it and laugh.
But I ask you tonight, will we be laughing when we are all standing in line an average of four hours in emergency rooms like they do now in Canada? Will we all be laughing when grandma is denied medicine and put on a death pathway like 130,000 elderly are in the UK each and every year? Will we be laughing when our women are giving birth in hospital hallways because there are just not enough beds like under universal healthcare in the United Kingdom?
Will we be laughing when patients are literally dying of thirst, left stranded and so deprived of care that they are drinking drops of water out of hospital plants like they are in England? Will we be laughing when there is a lack of treatment options because they’re deemed to have poor cost-effectiveness? Will we be laughing when we are trying to deal with our doctors, and it is just as painful as it is now to try to sign up for the ObamaCare health exchange?
You see, there are couple of reasons why Apple is so successful. They make a great product, but they also have great customer service. I’m an Apple product buyer and user because of their customer service. I called the IBM place, and they wouldn’t help me, and I finally knew I had another Apple product. I knew those guys would get on the phone, and I knew they would help me, and they did. That’s what it’s about.
I mean, in their own stores, they have the genius bar. Okay, it’s not perfect, but it’s fairly painless, and you know that it’s fairly painless because they put it right there in the middle of the store, so it’s not off in some corner where nobody sees it. They put it right in the center of the store. I mean, that’s amazing. A great product and great customer service, think about the repair shop in the middle of the store.
Everyone wandering through the store is going to hear or see, if anybody’s miserable, they’ll see it, and they’ll be like okay, look at the shlub standing in line waiting to get their stuff fixed. I don’t want to be a part of that line ever. This stuff’s breaking down all the time? But people still do it, and they still buy it even though when you go up to the Apple genius store, the genius says you’re going to have to replace it and buy a new one. Really, genius?
In the end, they do it because they know they’re going to get this. They’re going to get something amazing, and by the time…you know what the biggest problem with this is? By the time you have this, it’s outdated. They’ve come up with something even better. That’s Apple. They’ve come up with something better.
If you’re going to compare apples to apples, let’s look at the Apple product, and then this is the one that the CEO Steve Jobs did, but if Barack Obama were the CEO, here’s what your product would look like. This is the iPhone that he would be selling you. You’d be like hey, it’s not really this, Mister President. No, it’s got buttons and everything else. Look it’s got the – it’s cardboard.
We launched a product that we knew would be a failure, and the architect, the designers, told you it wouldn’t work. But the promise is that once the cardboard one is finally up and running, no, it’ll never be this. This is the free market. It will never be this, but all of us, all of us won’t have this. This was just to get it started. Don’t pay attention to the cardboard one. It’s not going to be like this.
When it gets started, everybody will have access to a cell phone like this. It’s fantastic. Everyone will have one. See, the buttons are right here so you can call somebody, and it doesn’t really…and this one fits in your pocket, and we couldn’t figure that one out. But everybody’s going to have this. Let’s compare apples to apples. This is President Obama’s. This is Steve Jobs.
The president is the worst CEO in human history. He doesn’t understand how the free market works. He despises the free market. He doesn’t understand the laws of supply and demand. The free market and the law of supply and demand brought us from this to this, not the government. Yes, Steve Jobs did build this. Barack Obama is building this, and it’s a guaranteed economic train wreck. One piece of advice for our CEO, think different.
Front page image courtesy of the AP

http://www.glennbeck.com/2013/10/02/...human-history/