Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Gm truck commercial during world series, last night.

Anyone catch that last night?
    A commercial for Chevy trucks all in spanish.
    I had to check my TV and see if it was on Tele-mundo
    (played several times,once part Engrish & part some other langauge than Engrish)
    So what exactly does "GM the American Revolution" mean?
    GM pandering, again.

Once again, Toyota kicks GM butt with a English spoken ad.
    I've been sold out in my opinion.

Hey GM, This is America, we speak English here, primarily.

Wonder if it will air again tonight?
    If you are in the USA Illegally, the only rights you have are human rights.
    We will treat you with dignity while helping you get back to your homeland.
    I don't owe you anything for breaking my countries laws.

It's the same thing they do during football games. It's a whole commercial about how Spanish spaking children have a dream of playing football, and American sports.

I am sick to death of companies panning to illegal aliens

My husband was very angry, when watching the series game last night on an English channel, that an entire 45 second commercial was entirely in Spanish. He said something about a GM truck driving up to a nice house, where child is in a tree house. He said he now would never buy a GM vehicle.

All the Hispanic legals that I know speak and read English, and don't need a commercial in Spanish. It's the illegals that have to listen in Spanish. I told him not to worry--a lot of other car buyers (who actually pay for them) won't like the commercial either--it's just pandering. I also told him that I watched a program on a Spanish channel, called Repo. It was a dumb program of the Repossession team going to a nice house, with an attractive, young Spanish screaming female, whose car was being repo'd because of non payment. I thought I might learn a few more Spanish words, but all I learned was screaming--MI CARO, MI CARO. I guess this is what the banks will be saying to themselves when the GM vehicles end up in Mexico and the banks can't collect.

The way I see it is they have Spanish stations. Advertise there in Spanish and keep it English on mine. It is giving me no incentive to learn it. Only making sure I will never their buy product.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

My post has been deemed funny by some locals I exchange views with.
    My reply was:
    >Funny as in me showing loyalty to my country way?
    >Funny as in I don't understand what they were saying?
    >Funny as in just how sad it is that GM is trying to move their cars off the lot at and "price" driven by the all might dollar?
    >Funny as in I choose to spend my money on a company that supports its own country?
    >Funny as in why GM chose not to run ads in French, Russian, Zulu, and German to reach ALL legal immigrates who are bi-lingual and still choose to speak their native tongue?

I usually laugh when something is funny, but I did not laugh at this commercial.
    If you are in the USA Illegally, the only rights you have are human rights.
    We will treat you with dignity while helping you get back to your homeland.
    I don't owe you anything for breaking my countries laws.

These are a couple of articles that might help to clarify the relationship between GM and La Raza.

http://www.hispanicprwire.com/news.php? ... =891&cha=8

General Motors Contributes $2.5 Million to National Council of La Raza

Funds Devoted to Build National Headquarters for NCLR, and for Partner Hispanic Organizations

New York, NY--(HISPANIC PR WIRE)--June 27, 2003--The National Council of La Raza and General Motors jointly announced today a $2.5 million GM contribution to the National Council of La Raza’s “Empowering an American Community Campaign.” The funds will go specifically to purchase a centrally-located building in Washington, D.C. The building will serve as the organization’s headquarters. The NCLR will also work to house partner Hispanic organizations in the building, including member organizations of the Hispanic Association on Corporate Responsibility.

The National Council of La Raza was established in 1968 to reduce poverty and discrimination, and improve life opportunities for Hispanic Americans. NCLR works toward this goal through capacity-building assistance to support and strengthen Hispanic community-based organizations along with applying research, policy analysis and advocacy.

“We’re very grateful to receive this generous gift from a long-term partner such as General Motors. These funds will play a critical role in our institutional building, allowing our organization to do a better job reaching our communities,” commented Raul Yzaguirre, President of NCLR. “The contribution is also a milestone in terms of corporate investment in our communities to build a strong Latino legacy in this great country.”

“General Motors is a proud partner of the National Council of La Raza in advancing its mission to help all Hispanic Americans achieve their American dream. Our donation to the Empowering An American Community Campaign is part of GM’s long-term commitment to the large and growing Hispanic community that has contributed so much to our business and our nation,” commented Rick Wagoner, Chairman & Chief Executive Officer of General Motors Corporation.

NCLR is the largest national Hispanic civil rights organization, serving all Hispanic nationality groups in all regions of the country. NCLR has over 300 formal affiliates who together serve 40 states, Puerto Rico and the District of Columbia, along with a broad network of more than 30,000 groups and individuals nationwide. NCLR is headquartered in Washington, D.C. with field offices in Los Angeles, Phoenix, Chicago, San Antonio and San Juan, Puerto Rico.

ABOUT GENERAL MOTORS

General Motors Corp. (NYSE: GM), the world's largest vehicle manufacturer, employs 342,000 people globally in its core automotive business and subsidiaries. Founded in 1908, GM has been the global automotive sales leader since 1931. GM today has manufacturing operations in 32 countries and its vehicles are sold in more than 190 countries. In 2002, GM sold more than 8.6 million cars and trucks, nearly 15 percent of the global vehicle market. GM's global headquarters is at the GM Renaissance Center in Detroit. More information on GM and its products can be found on the company's consumer website at http://www.gm.com.

General Motors and the Hispanic Community: General Motors is a dedicated supporter of the Hispanic community and its contribution to American culture and society. General Motors is committed to implementing programs that foster a long-term, culturally relevant and respectful relationship with the Hispanic community. Hispanics are an integral part of General Motors’ employee, supplier, dealer, community, and consumer families. GM’s participation in the Hispanic community includes ongoing support and encouragement of education, economic empowerment and business opportunities.

http://www.manews.org/1006razamoney.html

The Big Money Behind La Raza

The National Council of La Raza, the nation's largest and most influential Hispanic chauvinist organization, receives financial backing from some of America's largest banks and corporations. With multi-million dollar funding from corporate America, La Raza operates a powerful political and communications network of hundreds of affiliates in 41 states that works to shape American government and society to suit its own ideological and cultural interests. As a powerful advocate for amnesty for illegal aliens and staunch opponent of border security, La Raza lobbies regularly on behalf of the political positions taken by the Mexican government against U.S. border fencing and interior immigration law enforcement. Its activities on behalf of millions of Hispanic immigrants in the U.S., most of them from Mexico, help countries like Mexico achieve demographic and political leverage in domestic American affairs. La Raza's efforts are made possible by millions of dollars supplied by some of the most well-known names in corporate America. Here is a partial list of La Raza's corporate financiers.

Institutional Corporate Partners
    La Raza describes these donors as "corporations that have invested in NCLR's long-term strategic efforts with multiyear, multimillion-dollar commitments":

The Allstate Corporation
    Bank of America
    The Coca Cola Company
    Citigroup
    Fannie Mae
    Freddie Mac
    Ford Motor Company
    General Motors Corporation
    MBNA Corporation
    PepsiCo Foundation
    The PMI Group, Inc.
    State Farm Insurance Companies
    UPS
    Univision
    Wal Mart Stores, Inc.

Corporate Programmatic Supporters
    La Raza describes these funding sources as "partners for a variety of programmatic support in areas such as Education, Community Development, Health, Youth Leadership Development, Civil Rights and Advocacy, Workforce Development, and Affiliate Member Services."

Chevron Corporation
    Lockheed Martin
    Lucent Technologies Foundation
    Marathon Oil Corporation
    Rockwell Automation
    State Farm Insurance Companies
    Toyota Motor Corporation
    Verizon Communications, Inc.
    The Allstate Corporation
    Chase Home Finance
    Countrywide Home Loans, Inc.
    E TRADE Financial
    Fannie Mae
    Freddie Mac
    JP Morgan Chase & Co.
    Mortgage Guaranty Insurance Corporation
    Wells Fargo & Company
    Washington Mutual, Inc.
    Belrex Inc.
    Eli Lilly and Company
    Metropolitan Life
    Novo Nordisk
    Ogilvy Public Relations Worldwide
    Pfizer Global Pharmaceuticals
    PepsiCo Foundation
    American Express Company
    The Home Depot, Inc.
    Exxon Mobil Corporation
    GEICO
    Marriott International, Inc.
    Sodexho, Inc.
    Sprint Nextel Corporation
    American Honda Finance Corporation
    The UPS Foundation
    Microsoft Corporation
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

guys i keep telling you.

forget GM, forget the NFL. The big fish here are the networks. If they think they can get away with spanish speaking ads then they will.. you need to hit them and hit them hard.

I would start with Fox since they air both the NFL and GM's spanish commercial at the moment.

Then hit CBS

Then ABC and NBC

MW
    Hmmm......used to be a time I supported only buying American, but now I'm starting to wonder. I've been purchasing a new Chevy truck/SUV every 3 years for over 20 years. What's an patriotic American to do? I can no longer purchase GM or Ford and wouldn't take a Chrysler if you gave it to me - things are getting tough for those of us that have no desire to walk to work! I certainly can't haul my boat with a motorcycle. Any one own a Toyota Tundra?

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Welcome to ALIPAC, I_pledge_allegiance !!
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    I nor my husband do not tend to watch sports so we did not see it. I could only imagine though!

I think they are doing it because they are getting desperate to sell. It is making me more and more angry that all of these big companies that have always been all-American, are now spending millions on La Raza, and all of these racially motivated college funds.

I am hurt and frustrated that our own American companies think it is more important to donate to racial causes that benefit a few, and leave out a majority of the population, many of those who could not nor ever will be able to afford college. Then top that with the fact that those unable to get a college degree, now have to compete with the illegals that many of these companies are supporting through their donations to La Raza.

Seems all so fair, does it not? Kick us in the a## once, then when we are down, kick us in the teeth too, since we have no medical or dental, why not!!!!!!!

These commericals are the tip of the iceberg. So far here I have not seen them, you bet if I do, I will be calling people!!!!
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast