Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Goldwater Then, Trump now, The Grinding Sounds Of The Liberal Smear Machine

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Goldwater Then, Trump now, The Grinding Sounds Of The Liberal Smear Machine

Character assassination by the liberal controlled “news” media has a long history. Its noxious stench is their odious contribution to American history. They talk about issues not to find solutions in honest debate but rather as a tool to spread lies and deceit designed to convert gullible and naive people into believing the fallacies that constitute the dogmas of their secular religion.

I remember the 1964 presidential campaign of Barry Goldwater and how ugly and vicious the Democrat and GOP liberals were. They successfully sold to gullible Americans a totally fabricated image of Goldwater as a neo-Nazi. They were successful in spite of the fact that Goldwater was the grandson of a Jew and had written a book (Conscience of a Conservative) explaining his beliefs about Constitutional limitations on government power and the threat the Soviet Union’s despotism posed for the free world.

This man was as far from a Nazi as it was possible to be, yet because of coordinated character assassination by the liberal “news” media, naďve voters believed him to be a Nazi. I know this for a fact because I had a large Goldwater sign on my tiny used car and at stoplights guys would jump out of their cars and want to fight with me. For a few years after that it was considered to be an insult if someone called another person a “conservative.” Mr. O’Reilly’s nasty outburst and insults against those exposing the fallacy of birthright citizenship has aroused in me those disturbing memories of the character assassination of Barry Goldwater, a thoroughly decent man.

The “news” media’s strategy against Goldwater was simple, they reported verbatim the most vicious language of union bosses and liberals without a word of rebuttal. There were people defending Goldwater of course, but they received no news coverage. The liberal ”news” media gave a tiny amount of exposure to William F. Buckley, but very, very little, just enough to give them something to point to support their faux claim of being impartial. The illusion they created was that there was a unanimous concessions that Goldwater was a Nazi or fascists.

It was certain that Goldwater’s main campaign headquarters’ telephones were bugged so it was necessary to use a nearby telephone booth for private communication, but the “news” media had no interest in reporting that story. Remember President Nixon was driven out of office in disgrace for exactly the same type of activities. There was a potential scandal when one of Lyndon Johnson’s political confidants was arrested for homosexual behavior in a men’s public toilet. Back then it was not OK to be a homosexual, but the “news” media ignored that story also.

Of course back then there was no internet and social media to reach a lot of people quickly. But we must be vigilant to make sure the Marxists dominated “news” media does not pull a “Goldwater” on Donald Trump. We need to make certain liberal smears and distortions do not go without immediate rebuttal. Remember how ugly liberal/Marxists/Democrats can be. Never deceive your selves that we can have a civil debate with them. Be prepared for a nasty street brawl (a metaphor, or maybe not) with the fanatics obsessed with obliterating the USA and destroying anyone who opposes them.

Thank you very much for this information. Did you write this or is there a source we need a link to?

I was born in 68 so this info might help us with what we face today.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Dear William Gheen:

My article is an original composition, an eye witness to historical events as I lived through them. There were two books post Goldwater’s presidential campaign: Hysteria 1964 by Lionel Lokos, and What Happened to Goldwater by Stephen Shadegg. Both books are available on AMAZON. In one of the books I read that those working in Goldwater’s campaign HQ became convinced the phone was bugged and thus used a phone booth for private calls. Also a couple of years ago I talked to a guy who worked on the Goldwater campaign and he assured me that it was certain Goldwater HQ phones were bugged.

There is a good article in the Free Republic titled “Johnson’s Watergate.” And an obituary about Barry Goldwater that appeared in National Review in 22 June 1998 and I guess reprinted on 17 Nov. 2005. The obituary starts with a brief summary of how dirty the 1964 presidential campaign was.

I hope this information is useful to you.
    Last edited by csarbww; 08-23-2015 at 03:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by csarbww View Post
    Dear William Gheen:

My article is an original composition, an eye witness to historical events as I lived through them. There were two books post Goldwater’s presidential campaign: Hysteria 1964 by Lionel Lokos, and What Happened to Goldwater by Stephen Shadegg. Both books are available on AMAZON. In one of the books I read that those working in Goldwater’s campaign HQ became convinced the phone was bugged and thus used a phone booth for private calls. Also a couple of years ago I talked to a guy who worked on the Goldwater campaign and he assured me that it was certain Goldwater HQ phones were bugged.

There is a good article in the Free Republic titled “Johnson’s Watergate.” And an obituary about Barry Goldwater that appeared in National Review in 22 June 1998 and I guess reprinted on 17 Nov. 2005. The obituary starts with a brief summary of how dirty the 1964 presidential campaign was.

I hope this information is useful to you.
    The irony of the Watergate bugging, is bugging was legal until about 6 months before Nixon's people did it. I've always wondered if they even knew that.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

OK here is an update. The guy was Walter Jenkins and the incident occurred on 7 Oct. 1964 at the YMCA. Goldwater was too much of a gentleman to exploit this golden opportunity to hammer his tormenter LBJ who was saying some really nasty stuff against Goldwater. But this does not absolve the “news” media from its responsibility to give front page coverage to this major scandal. I waited and if there were news reports about it, they must have been minuscule. Their silence was deafening. God knows I saw a lot of front page headlines blazing with unfounded vilifications of Goldwater.

They say nice guys finish last and Goldwater was certainly evidence for the truth of that cliche.
    Last edited by csarbww; 08-23-2015 at 04:41 PM.

Judy I am sorry but I find your statement about bugging being legal preposterous. I am sorry but I would like to see some legal experts verification of that. And if you look at the article I referred to, apparently LBJ was illegally using the FBI and the CIA to spy on Goldwater (see the article "Lyndon Johnson's Watergate" at www.heritage.org).

As far as legal wire taps go, I know as of a few years ago it was legal to wire tap (i.e. record a phone conversation) if one of the two people in the conversation knew about it, but it was illegal for an unknown third party to tape record the conversation (excepting police with a court's approval).

Quote Originally Posted by csarbww View Post
    Judy I am sorry but I find your statement about bugging being legal preposterous. I am sorry but I would like to see some legal experts verification of that. And if you look at the article I referred to, apparently LBJ was illegally using the FBI and the CIA to spy on Goldwater (see the article "Lyndon Johnson's Watergate" at www.heritage.org).

As far as legal wire taps go, I know as of a few years ago it was legal to wire tap (i.e. record a phone conversation) if one of the two people in the conversation knew about it, but it was illegal for an unknown third party to tape record the conversation (excepting police with a court's approval).
    The law was passed in 1968.

Congress therefore regarded Katz and Berger as instructive on how to draft a constitutionally sound wiretapping law and thereafter
    passed the Omnibus Crime Control Act of 1968. Title III of that Act addresses interception of communications and remains to this day the law that governs the federal use of wiretaps.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Judy: I don't want to get into a long debate over legal minutia that detracts from the main point of my article. After all what was done to Goldwater was the worse kind of dirty tricks. The articles I have referred to plainly state that the tapping of Goldwater's phone was blatantly illegal in 1964. I assume the authors of those articles were sure of their facts. Especially the Heritage Foundation is a think tank that is not likely to get its information wrong or make inaccurate statements. This before Nixon wiretap legality stuff is confusing the issue. What happened to Goldwater was illegal--period. Nixon is irrelevant except as an example of the "news" media's selective indignation.

This quote is from the first paragraph of the Heritage Foundation’s article written by Lee Edwards, PhD. “It was a political scandal of unprecedented proportions: the deliberate, systematic, and illegal misuse of the FBI and the CIA by the White House in a presidential campaign. The massive black-bag operations, bordering on the unconstitutional and therefore calling for impeachment…”
    There was, with presidential approval, a CIA spy in his opponent's (Barry Goldwater) campaign committee, wiretaps on phones, illegal FBI checks.

I fear your posts will cause people to believe that what Lyndon Johnson did was legal, which it clearly was not.

Enough already!
    Last edited by csarbww; 08-23-2015 at 07:50 PM.