Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: GOP Congressman: House would impeach Obama tomorrow, but mean Senate won’t let them

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Unless B.O. rapes or maims a 3-year old boy in front of the pope on vatican square during a televised interview, no way in hell the pubbies will impeach him.

They are making too much hay on his falling popularity, which pumps their own otherwise dismal performance and standings in the polls.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Obama Impeachment Almost Complete

Jim Jordan wants to know what the White House knew about the IRS targeting scandal, and when they knew it-- as if we didn’t know. The conservative Representative from Ohio has penned an op-ed in the Wall Street Journal calling for a special prosecutor to investigate the activities of the IRS and, more specifically Lois Lerner, the former IRS official who is at the center of the controversy.
    Jordan essentially is saying where there is smoke there is fire, and oh yeah, where there’s fire, there is fire too.

Obama can try to brazen his way through any one of dozens of scandals that now surround the most incompetent administration since Warren G. Harding, but the truth is out. The economics are against him.
    And that’s why people no longer trust him.
    Impeach him? Certainly, if you can prove beyond a doubt he’s committed a crime.
    But there is no reason to make the man a martyr.
    Join our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & to secure US borders by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

S.D. Republican Party calls for Obama impeachment

by David Montgomery
    5:38 p.m. CDT June 21, 2014

The South Dakota Republican Party state convention passed a resolution calling for the impeachment of President Barack Obama Saturday.

The resolution says Obama has "violated his oath of office in numerous ways." It specifically cites the release of five Taliban combatants in a trade for captive U.S. soldier Bowe Bergdahl, Obama's statement that people could keep insurance companies, and recent EPA regulations on power plants.

"Therefore, be it resolved that the South Dakota Republican Party calls on our U.S. Representatives to initiate impeachment proceedings against the president of the United States," the resolution reads.

Allen Unruh of Sioux Falls sponsored the resolution.

"I've got a thick book on impeachable offenses of the president," Unruh said, calling on South Dakota to "send a symbolic message that liberty shall be the law of the land."
    Delegate David Wheeler of Beadle County disagreed.

"I believe we should not use the power of impeachment for political purposes," Wheeler said. "By doing this, we would look petty, like we can't achieve our political goals through the political process."

Larry Eliason of Potter County agreed, noting that he opposed the impeachment resolution even though "the only thing (Obama's) done the last six years that I approve of is when he adopted a pet."

But Larry Klipp of Butte County, a retired Marine, said matters go beyond mere political disagreements with Obama.

"If anyone in this room cannot see the horrendous, traitorous scandals run by the Obama administration, I will pray for you," Klipp said.

Delegates voted 191-176 in favor of the resolution. The Pennington County delegation voted 47-9 in favor of the impeachment resolution, and Minnehaha County voted 28-15 in favor.

Rep. Kristi Noem, South Dakota's lone delegate in the House of Representatives — which has the power to initiate impeachment proceedings — was cool to the resolution.
    Noem, who addressed the Republican convention Saturday morning, hours before the resolutions was voted on, doesn't believe impeachment is the "best way" to deal with Obama.

"The congresswoman currently believes the best way for Congress to hold the president accountable is to continue aggressive committee oversight and investigations into the administration's actions like the ongoing VA scandal, the targeting of conservative groups by the IRS, Benghazi, and the recent Taliban prisoner exchange," said Brittany Comins, Noem's spokesperson.

If the House voted to impeach Obama, the Senate would then rule on the validity of the charges. It takes a two-thirds majority in the Senate to remove a president from office.
    Join our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & to secure US borders by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by HAPPY2BME View Post
    Death and Taxes Magazine
    By Robyn Pennacchia 1 week ago

It’s just not fair you guys. Texas Congressman Blake Ferenthold like really, really, really wants to impeach President Obama, for, you know, “reasons.” He even has his impeachment outfit all ready to go!

However, there are some obstacles in his way. Like the fact that it would have to go through the Senate, and the Senate is made up of jerk DemoRATS who will not go through with this plan. Plus, like, the last time they tried to impeach a President, people found out that oral sex existed for the first time in all of history, and only bad things have happened since. He explained all of this to a rapt crowd of nearly 8 devoted constituents this past Saturday:

FARENTHOLD: Here’s the issue. You tie into a question I get a lot. If everybody’s so unhappy with what the president’s done, why don’t you impeach him? I’ll give you a real frank answer about that. If we were to impeach the president tomorrow, you could probably get the votes in the House of Representatives to do it. But it would go to the Senate and he wouldn’t be convicted. [...] We saw what happened when President Clinton was impeached. I say this half in jest and half seriously because it’s easy to laugh at President Clinton, but as a result of impeaching President Clinton, we’ve redefined what sex is to a lot of our young people and we’ve said it’s okay to lie to Congress. I think that’s been woven into the thread of our society. That failed impeachment attempt actually damaged the country. What message do we send to America if we impeach Obama and he gets away with what he’s impeached for, is found innocent? What do we say then is okay?

Farenthold neglected to mention either what the impeachable offense would be– although the last major thing I can find that he was up in arms about was over the fact that our president suggested that immigrants over the age of 12 might not have a ton of say in whether or not they were brought over here by their parents, because they totally could have just stayed in Mexico and hung out by themselves with no home or family anything. You know, like ya do.

It could also be a number of other rando things, like the birth certificate thing, or the “stronger gun control laws” that he’s never actually supported? I don’t know. Can you impeach a president for being black? Is that a thing? Maybe.

Think Progress noted that it might actually be tougher than Farenthold thinks to get the whole entire House to impeach Obama. Without any Democratic votes, it would require 93% of the House Republicans to vote yay.

Personally, I kind of think it’s possible. I mean, I am trying real hard to think of one semi-non-batshit House Republican, and I am having a bit of a hard time. I think the House ran out of Rockefeller Republicans a while ago, if I am not mistaken. You know, like the ones who wanted stuff that mostly benefited rich white people but weren’t like, legit insane? Pretty sure all of the ones in the House are of the frothy “The earth is 6,000 years old, let’s set all the gays on fire while wearing powdered wigs!” variety these days.

He also neglected to mention the amount of dead prepubescent bodies he may or may not have buried under the floorboards in his basement. Not to be, you know, looksist, but I watch a lot of ID Channel, and there is no way you’re going to tell me that that is not the face of a man with dead bodies buried underneath the floorboards in his basement and a freezer full of human spleens.

http://www.deathandtaxesmag.com/2036...wont-let-them/
    I SAY IMPEACH HIM NOW DON'T WAIT DO IT NOW

Amnesty and Impeachment Absent the credible threat of impeachment, Obama will pardon

We have to face those consequences. We don’t get to avoid them by being reasonable, moderate people who recoil from the I-word. Nor, in the matter of illegal immigration, is there any funding cut or loopy congressional lawsuit that can dissuade this president. There is either a credible threat of impeachment or a transformational mass-amnesty. That’s it.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234