Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

GOP Prospect Could Steal Palin's Thunder

Wow. I think I actually found someone I could support for President. I even like his stand on immigration. Mike Pence

GOP prospect could steal Palin's thunder
    December 02. 2010 1:00AM .Nolan Finley
    detnews.com

If Mike Pence keeps talking, the left will soon have to stop talking about Sarah Palin.

Pence is the Indiana congressman who is weighing a run for the presidency in 2012. He stopped by Birmingham last week to speak to the Detroit Economic Club. It wasn't all that far into his speech before you realized that this guy has a message that could catch on, particularly if voters remain in their current mood.

"To restore American exceptionalism, we must end all this Keynesian spending and get back to the practice of free market economics," Pence told the audience. "The freedom to succeed must include the freedom to fail. The free market is what made America's economy the greatest in the world, and we cannot falter in our willingness to defend it."

For most of the rest of the speech, Pence laid out a blueprint for restoring the economy that focused on simplifying the tax code; adopting sound monetary policy, perhaps even a return to the gold standard; developing homegrown energy sources; reforming regulations to make them friendlier to job creators; and committing fully to free trade.

It's a message tailor made for the tea party movement, particularly on tax policy. Pence would replace all federal taxes with a single, flat income tax in the range of 17 percent, and get the government away from using taxes to manipulate behavior.

"You should someday be able to file a tax return of 140 characters or less," Pence joked. "You could Twitter your taxes."

But Pence is not a tea party maverick. He has worked within the system very effectively since first being elected to Congress in 2000.

He's thoughtful, respected by his colleagues for his intelligence and depth, and affable. "I'm a conservative, but I'm not angry about it," he once told an interviewer.

A speech he gave to Hillsdale College that was reprinted in the school's Imprimus magazine on how the office of the presidency has been distorted from the Founders' vision is burning up the Internet.

Liberal mouthpieces are desperate for Palin to emerge as the leading GOP presidential candidate, and try to pretend that the former Alaskan governor and vice presidential hopeful is the way-out-front candidate.

Pence and other rising GOP stars — including his fellow Hoosier, Gov. Mitch Daniels — are forcing them to take notice. His speech at the Townsend Hotel was covered by CNN, Fox and other national outlets.

Pence makes the pitch for returning America to its founding principles seem entirely reasonable, and quite doable. Nothing about him appears out of the mainstream.

He channels Ronald Reagan as well as anyone in the GOP stable, deftly comparing the "new normal" ideology of 2010 to the national malaise of the Jimmy Carter years. Like Reagan, he rejects the notion of lost American greatness.

Here's how he closed his speech:"I choose a boundless American future built on the timeless ideals of the American people. I believe the American people are ready for this choice and await men and women who will lead us back to that future, back to the West, back to American exceptionalism."

Mike Pence is no Sarah Palin. And that should worry the daylights out of the left.
    Ron Paul in 2011 "[...]no amnesty should be granted. Maybe a 'green card' with an asterisk should be issued[...]a much better option than deportation."

I pray that Palin wont run. I like Pence and Pawlenty.
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

quote(committing fully to free trade)quote

We've been committed to free trade and it's failed because "free trade" is simply one way, we buy they sell.

1-rebuild our manufacturing base/control outsourcing.
    2-control immigration with a yearly quota.
    3-dismantle our public school system and retrain teachers.
    4-stop nation building:
    5-term limits.

This is a short list and I'm sure many here can add more but we are failing due to greed and corruption, the values and love of country our leaders display is sad to say the least, capitalism is a great process but without standards,morals and love of country it will fail.

I have yet to hear one GOP candidate talk of manufacturing because most believe in the Global economy/consumer based as the answer and certainly it is for those at the top of the ladder but for the working class building a better product for the world is America.
    I'm old with many opinions few solutions.

It's a message tailor made for the tea party movement, particularly on tax policy. Pence would replace all federal taxes with a single, flat income tax in the range of 17 percent, and get the government away from using taxes to manipulate behavior.
    They got it wrong ... Mike Pence is a co-sponsor of the FairTax, a flat single rate national retail sales tax on new products and services, not an income tax, and the rate is 23%, with 14.91% earmarked for general revenue and 8.09% earmarked to fund Social Security and MediCare.

H.R.25

Title: Fair Tax Act of 2009

Sponsor: Rep Linder, John [GA-7] (introduced 1/6/2009) Cosponsors (65)

Related Bills: S.296

Latest Major Action: 1/6/2009 Referred to House committee. Status: Referred to the House Committee on Ways and Means. COSPONSORS(65), ALPHABETICAL [followed by Cosponsors withdrawn]: (Sort: by date)

Rep Akin, W. Todd [MO-2] - 1/6/2009
    Rep Alexander, Rodney [LA-5] - 1/6/2009
    Rep Bachus, Spencer [AL-6] - 1/6/2009
    Rep Barrett, J. Gresham [SC-3] - 6/8/2009
    Rep Bartlett, Roscoe G. [MD-6] - 1/6/2009
    Rep Bilbray, Brian P. [CA-50] - 1/6/2009
    Rep Bilirakis, Gus M. [FL-9] - 5/21/2009
    Rep Bishop, Rob [UT-1] - 3/12/2009
    Rep Bonner, Jo [AL-1] - 9/9/2009
    Rep Boozman, John [AR-3] - 1/19/2010
    Rep Boren, Dan [OK-2] - 5/14/2009
    Rep Brady, Kevin [TX-8] - 1/6/2009
    Rep Broun, Paul C. [GA-10] - 2/24/2009
    Rep Brown, Henry E., Jr. [SC-1] - 1/6/2009
    Rep Brown-Waite, Ginny [FL-5] - 1/6/2009
    Rep Burton, Dan [IN-5] - 1/6/2009
    Rep Carter, John R. [TX-31] - 1/6/2009
    Rep Conaway, K. Michael [TX-11] - 1/6/2009
    Rep Crenshaw, Ander [FL-4] - 1/23/2009
    Rep Culberson, John Abney [TX-7] - 1/6/2009
    Rep Deal, Nathan [GA-9] - 1/6/2009
    Rep Duncan, John J., Jr. [TN-2] - 1/6/2009
    Rep Fallin, Mary [OK-5] - 1/6/2009
    Rep Flake, Jeff [AZ-6] - 7/27/2010
    Rep Fleming, John [LA-4] - 3/12/2009
    Rep Foxx, Virginia [NC-5] - 9/14/2010
    Rep Franks, Trent [AZ-2] - 1/6/2009
    Rep Gingrey, Phil [GA-11] - 1/6/2009
    Rep Granger, Kay [TX-12] - 10/6/2009
    Rep Graves, Sam [MO-6] - 2/25/2009
    Rep Graves, Tom [GA-9] - 6/16/2010
    Rep Griffith, Parker [AL-5] - 2/24/2010
    Rep Hall, Ralph M. [TX-4] - 10/6/2009
    Rep Hensarling, Jeb [TX-5] - 1/6/2009
    Rep Hoekstra, Peter [MI-2] - 9/22/2010
    Rep Issa, Darrell E. [CA-49] - 1/9/2009
    Rep Jenkins, Lynn [KS-2] - 2/24/2009
    Rep King, Steve [IA-5] - 1/6/2009
    Rep Kingston, Jack [GA-1] - 1/6/2009
    Rep Kline, John [MN-2] - 3/12/2009
    Rep Lamborn, Doug [CO-5] - 1/6/2009
    Rep Lucas, Frank D. [OK-3] - 1/6/2009
    Rep McCaul, Michael T. [TX-10] - 1/6/2009
    Rep Mica, John L. [FL-7] - 1/9/2009
    Rep Miller, Gary G. [CA-42] - 1/14/2009
    Rep Miller, Jeff [FL-1] - 1/27/2009
    Rep Moran, Jerry [KS-1] - 1/13/2009
    Rep Myrick, Sue Wilkins [NC-9] - 1/8/2009
    Rep Neugebauer, Randy [TX-19] - 1/6/2009
    Rep Olson, Pete [TX-22] - 1/26/2009
    Rep Pence, Mike [IN-6] - 1/6/2009
    Rep Poe, Ted [TX-2] - 1/6/2009
    Rep Posey, Bill [FL-15] - 1/27/2009
    Rep Price, Tom [GA-6] - 1/6/2009
    Rep Roe, David P. [TN-1] - 4/21/2009
    Rep Souder, Mark E. [IN-3] - 12/9/2009
    Rep Stearns, Cliff [FL-6] - 1/6/2009
    Rep Sullivan, John [OK-1] - 1/6/2009
    Rep Thornberry, Mac [TX-13] - 1/6/2009
    Rep Tiahrt, Todd [KS-4] - 1/6/2009
    Rep Wamp, Zach [TN-3] - 3/12/2009
    Rep Westmoreland, Lynn A. [GA-3] - 1/6/2009
    Rep Whitfield, Ed [KY-1] - 2/3/2009
    Rep Wittman, Robert J. [VA-1] - 1/6/2009
    Rep Young, Don [AK] - 1/6/2009
    http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/bdquery/D ... eData.php|

I love the FairTax and anyone who supports, sponsors or will vote for it.

www.fairtax.org

The rest you can put in the Loser Hopper as far as I'm concerned. Taking back our country starts with taking back our citizen control over taxes and the only tax proposal that achieves that is the FairTax.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Pence Beats Huckabee, Romney, Gingrich and Palin in Presiden

Pence sounds good, but there is a pic of him standing behind a Freedomworks podium - isn't that amnesty supporter's Dick Armey's?

Pence Beats Huckabee, Romney, Gingrich and Palin in Presidential Straw Poll
    Monday, September 20, 2010
    By Susan Jones

Rep. Mike Pence, R-Ind., speaks to people gathered at the U.S. Capitol in Washington on Sunday, Sept. 12, 2010 for a "Remember in November" rally to express opposition to government spending. (AP Photo/J. Scott Applewhite)

(CNSNews.com) - U.S. Rep. Mike Pence (R-Ind.) won a presidential straw poll at the Values Voters Summit in Washington on Saturday.

Around 700 conservatives gave Pence 24 percent of the vote.

Former Republican presidential hopeful Mike Huckabee was a close second with 22 percent of the vote, followed by Mitt Romney (13 percent), Newt Gingrich (10 percent), Sarah Palin (7 percent) and Rick Santorum and Jim DeMint (5 percent each). See full list below.

"The results of the presidential straw poll reflect the outcome of recent elections," said Tony Perkins, president of Family Research Council Action, the group that sponsored the Values Voters Summit. "Those who are truly conservative, fiscally and socially, are enthusiastically supported by voters."

On Monday morning, Pence told Fox News he was “humbled and encouragedâ€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Flat tax won't sell, free-trade means more job loss. Dems can run on both and win maginal races.