Like Tree3Likes

Thread: GOP rep asks president Trump to pardon Sheriff Joe Arpaio

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

GOP rep asks president Trump to pardon Sheriff Joe Arpaio

GOP rep asks president Trump to pardon Sheriff Joe Arpaio

August 21, 2017

On Monday morning, President Donald J. Trump was called on by the Republican congressman from Arizona, Andy Biggs, to pardon Sheriff Joe Arpaio.

“The sheriff’s criminal conviction was the culmination of a political witch hunt by the Obama administration to sideline and destroy a formidable opponent,” Rep. Andy Biggs, R-Ariz., said in a statement.

Former President Obama’s Justice Department under Eric Holder posed fierce opposition to Arpaio’s desire to uphold the immigration laws, said Biggs, and his trial and conviction were very political in nature.

Sheriff Arpaio was held in contempt of court last month for refusing to follow orders from a judge to halt traffic patrols that targeted immigrants. The sheriff, despite the judge’s orders, continued the patrols for an additional 17 months.

Last week, President Donald J Trump told Fox News that he considers Arpaio to be “a great American patriot.

“I am seriously considering a pardon for Sheriff Joe Arpaio. He has done a lot in the fight against illegal immigration,” President Trump said. “I hate to see what has happened to him.”

The sheriff has served since 1950. Biggs is asking the president to honor Sheriff Joe Arpaio’s service and to show his gratitude by pardoning him.

“Mr. President, Sheriff Arpaio deserves to live out the rest of his days in peace and confidence that he did his part to uphold the laws of his country. He should not be facing a jail sentence or any form of punishment. I respectfully encourage you to follow through with your intentions to pardon Sheriff Joe Arpaio and to convey a message of gratitude for his distinguished record of service to this country,” Biggs wrote in a letter to Trump.

Last week, DML NEWS ran a poll asking our readers if they want President Trump to pardon Sheriff Joe Arpaio. Over 10,000 voted in the poll, and 97% of the people who did said “yes.”

Two weeks ago, DML NEWS published a blast email sent out by Sheriff Joe Arpaio calling upon American citizens to help him with his legal fees. The post was shared on DML’s website nearly 50,000 times, and more than 6,000 times on the DML Facebook page.

Here is the email from Sheriff Joe Arpaio:

Dennis Michael Lynch,

You will not believe this. I still can’t.

I was just found guilty of criminal contempt of court.

After fighting a years-long legal battle in a case that stemmed from my outspoken stance against illegal immigration, a judge ruled this week that I am guilty of failing to follow a temporary court order that prohibited me and my deputies from arresting or detaining illegal aliens that were not suspects in a state crime.We abided by that order. Period.

Sadly, during a bench trial the judge disagreed and found me guilty. I cannot tell you how disappointed I am in the judge’s ruling. We presented a solid case which proved beyond a reasonable doubt that never did I or my deputies do anything wrong.

The sentencing is set for early October where I could face up to SIX MONTHS in jail because I COOPERATED with federal law enforcement agencies when we encountered illegal aliens. . .

Ironically, today the current Department of Justice is going after local law enforcement agencies that DON’T COOPERATE with the federal government on the issue of enforcing illegal alien laws!

But make no mistake; I intend to fight this ruling. I am working with my attorneys now on an appeal, and I will demand a jury of my peers that I was entitled to – yet denied – at the onset of this trial.

After refusing to let a jury decide the case, the judge did not even face me to read the verdict in court. Frankly, this shakes my faith in the integrity of the entire judicial process. ‘

That’s why I am asking that you help me in fighting this court’s decision by supporting my Legal Defense Fund.

I spent my entire career upholding the U.S. Constitution and protecting my community – the idea that I have been found guilty of misdemeanor criminal contempt because I cooperated with federal law enforcement agencies is baffling.

How did we arrive at a point where law enforcement officials face jail time but illegal immigrants get a free pass?

Please join me in this fight by making a much-needed contribution today.
    I swear to you I will continue to fight this all the way to the Supreme Court if I have to – but I must have your help!

Thank you for everything,

– Sheriff Joe Arpaio
    Maricopa County, Arizona

http://dennismichaellynch.com/gop-re...e=08%2F21%2F17

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty
    by joining our E-mail Alerts athttp://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Oh yes, please, please pardon Sheriff Joe!!!
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW
    Trump implied, in the strongest of terms, tonight in his Pheonix rally that he would pardon Sheriff Joe, just not tonight. He said, "Sheriff Arpaio has nothing to worry about."

That's exactly what he said about DACA members, "they have nothing to worry about." Well, he told the truth about that, so I assume what he said about Sheriff Joe is true.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn