Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Are GOP's plans to 'diversify' a step toward quotas? (GOP APPROACH SAME AS DEMOCRATS)

Chad Groening (OneNewsNow.com)
    Wednesday, March 05, 2014

"If Republicans' [attempts] to emulate this identity politics of the Left sort of approach some of the tactics the Left uses – whether it's racial quotas or racial preferences – I think that's very problematic," he states. "And then you're not going to see any differences between both parties."
    Are GOP's plans to 'diversify' a step toward quotas?

A conservative Hispanic activist has some concerns about a plan being launched by Republicans to "diversify" the GOP.

New Mexico's Republican governor, Susana Martinez, is set to unveil a plan aimed at electing "75 diverse candidates" and 150 women to office as Republicans. The nation's only Latina governor is seen as a rising star in the party and has been leading an effort to diversify the GOP. She and former Puerto Rico Governor Luis Fortuno are scheduled to announce details on recruiting black, Latino, and female GOP candidates for state-level offices.
    Israel Ortega with The Heritage Foundation serves as that group's chief spokesman to the Spanish language news media and as editor of a sister website, Libertad.

"I don't think there is anything wrong with Republicans trying to broaden their appeal. I'm not sure the Hispanic vote is going to be critical this year," he offers. "I think the RNC's efforts are aimed toward 2016 – and I do think in some key battleground states, that vote can be pivotal."

The GOP has had difficulty making inroads into minority and female voting blocs. In 2012, for example, Barack Obama took about 70 percent of the Hispanic vote – and about 90 percent of black voters. Among women, around 55 percent voted for the Democratic incumbent as he defeated Republican challenger Mitt Romney.

So while he understands the Republican push to diversify, Ortega admits he's concerned the plan could end up becoming a quota system.

"If Republicans' [attempts] to emulate this identity politics of the Left sort of approach some of the tactics the Left uses – whether it's racial quotas or racial preferences – I think that's very problematic," he states. "And then you're not going to see any differences between both parties."

http://onenewsnow.com/politics-govt/...s#.UxdinoXCvW4
    Join our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & to secure US borders by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Unity through a sound message to appeal to all would be a better route for the Republicans. They are just copycats now. Weak, timid, pandering up a storm.
    Matthew 19:26
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaPeach View Post
    Unity through a sound message to appeal to all would be a better route for the Republicans. They are just copycats now. Weak, timid, pandering up a storm.
    -----------------------------------------------------------

Never forget this ... Barack Obama could not have been possible WITHOUT GEORGE W. BUSH - a Republican!
    Join our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & to secure US borders by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn