Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by Pistov
    I think he believes it, he thinks about his own experience. It's different when you come from Austria than when you come from Latin America.
    Why is it different?
    Yeah it's different, it was harder for him, and wow, he managed to do it legally! I thought it was impossible to become a legal citizen?
    Just your ordinary, average, everyday, American mom!

MW
    NotGoingToTakeItAnymore wrote:

With all due respect, in my opinion, Arnold was one of the crummiest actors to ever show his ugly mug on tv...ever. His wife got him where he wanted to be, not his acting "talent" or his political experience.
    He may have been a crummy actor, but many of his movies were very entertaining for those of us that like action/adventure type movies.

Now, as the Governor of California - he sucks! I say that knowing that the individual running against him during the last election would have been far worse on the issue of open borders and illegal immigration. Unfortunately the folks in California just haven't had much to choose frome lately.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by MW
    NotGoingToTakeItAnymore wrote:

With all due respect, in my opinion, Arnold was one of the crummiest actors to ever show his ugly mug on tv...ever. His wife got him where he wanted to be, not his acting "talent" or his political experience.
    He may have been a crummy actor, but many of his movies were very entertaining for those of us that like action/adventure type movies.

Now, as the Governor of California - he sucks! I say that knowing that the individual running against him during the last election would have been far worse on the issue of open borders and illegal immigration. Unfortunately the folks in California just haven't had much to choose frome lately.
    As far as movies go, to each his own but I wouldn't give you a plug nickel for the man or his movies. I watched only two...and he was so butt ugly and so hard to interpret it wasn't worth the strain. I thought he was disgusting and would turn the channels if a preview of his violent movies even came on.

I didn't allow my children to watch them. Waaay too gruesome in terms of violence..and now we're all sitting around, scratching our heads and wondering how our kids got so mean and freaky and desensitized to violence and death. But that's all an individual choice.

And in terms of him as a politician...it speaks volumes all over our country when the best we can do is choose what LOOKS like the lesser of two evils for our leaders.

Speak English

I agree with Arnold that we have made it too easy for Hispanics not to speak English by catering to them with Spanish TV, Spanish radio, and services that offer everything in Spanish. To get a job in some areas you have to be bi-lingual in Spanish to cater to the Hispanics. I emailed Arnold on this subject and pointed out he should consider taking the "Espanol" link off of his website. He too is catering to the Hispanics in this regard. I also ask him to check on the music video on Youtube "Press One For English"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEJfS1v-fU0

Assimilate and learn to SPEAK ENGLISH!

Re: Speak English

Quote Originally Posted by Standing_Tall
    I agree with Arnold that we have made it too easy for Hispanics not to speak English by catering to them with Spanish TV, Spanish radio, and services that offer everything in Spanish. To get a job in some areas you have to be bi-lingual in Spanish to cater to the Hispanics. I emailed Arnold on this subject and pointed out he should consider taking the "Espanol" link off of his website. He too is catering to the Hispanics in this regard. I also ask him to check on the music video on Youtube "Press One For English"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEJfS1v-fU0

Assimilate and learn to SPEAK ENGLISH!
    ROFL, that's hilarious that his own wesite has spanish on it
    Just your ordinary, average, everyday, American mom!

People from Germany, Japan, other places don't have their languages constantly spoken everywhere they go, and they don't see their native language everywhere they go. It has become very difficult for Spanish speakers these days to be in places like LA, Miami, etc. to learn English because their knowledge of Spanish is constantly being tapped into, whether they choose to speak Spanish or not. The continued replenishment of certain cities with new arrivals from Spanish-speaking countries doesn't help either. (Another disservice done to legal Hispanic immigrants that LaRaza and friends don't seem to talk about.) If all government-related documents and citizenship tests were in English only (with no translators offered), that would create an an actual need for English, even in places like LA and Miami.

Quote Originally Posted by squishy
    People from Germany, Japan, other places don't have their languages constantly spoken everywhere they go, and they don't see their native language everywhere they go. It has become very difficult for Spanish speakers these days to be in places like LA, Miami, etc. to learn English because their knowledge of Spanish is constantly being tapped into, whether they choose to speak Spanish or not. The continued replenishment of certain cities with new arrivals from Spanish-speaking countries doesn't help either. (Another disservice done to legal Hispanic immigrants that LaRaza and friends don't seem to talk about.) If all government-related documents and citizenship tests were in English only (with no translators offered), that would create an an actual need for English, even in places like LA and Miami.
    When I was a young girl...a lifetime ago...I had a lot of friends whose parents came from another country and spoke a foreign language better than they did English, although they made every effort to learn and speak English. But if they needed an interpreter a family member, usually my friends, took care of that for them. Didn't cost taxpayers a dime.

I have a Russian immigrant friend who legally came here with his family. His policy is NO Russian in front of people who don't speak Russian...ONLY ENGLISH! He believes and is teaching his family that it is RUDE to speak a language that others around them cannot understand! They are teaching their children Russian as a "second" language and English as their primary language!

Today I go to the store, standing in line, and the cashier, box boy and three customers begin speaking to each other in Spanish!!! I said, "Excuse me...is there a check-out line that speaks English? I must be in the non-English speaking line!" Suffice it to say, I got dirty looks, but they all shut up and what little they did say after that...was in ENGLISH!
    "You tell 'em I'm coming...and hell's coming with me, you hear!?"

Quote Originally Posted by CostaMesaMan
    I have a Russian immigrant friend who legally came here with his family. His policy is NO Russian in front of people who don't speak Russian...ONLY ENGLISH! He believes and is teaching his family that it is RUDE to speak a language that others around them cannot understand! They are teaching their children Russian as a "second" language and English as their primary language!

Today I go to the store, standing in line, and the cashier, box boy and three customers begin speaking to each other in Spanish!!! I said, "Excuse me...is there a check-out line that speaks English? I must be in the non-English speaking line!" Suffice it to say, I got dirty looks, but they all shut up and what little they did say after that...was in ENGLISH!
    That is priceless CostaMesaMan!!!LMAO
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by CostaMesaMan

ROFL...good for YOU! I'm proud of you!!!

It used to be considered very rude to speak a foreign language in public here in America. What language they spoke at home was their business and I don't remember anyone caring...but a foreign language out in public is still just just plain rude and uncouth! just what we'd expect from illegals...rude and uncouth.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast