Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Graham: 'Small group' involved in censure

Graham: 'Small group' involved in censure
    Not everybody's mad at Lindsey.
    http://news.greenvilleonline.com/blogs/ ... l#comments

That's the Republican senator's take on Monday night's stunner, a censure resolution by the Greenville County Republican Party's executive committee.

"Apparently a small group of people upset with differerent aspects of life" pushed the issue, Graham said today, shrugging off any potential impact on his expected 2008 re-election run.

"It's a small group of people getting in a room, having their say. It sort of speaks for itself in terms of where it's coming from," Graham said.

Twice, duiring the conversation, he mentioned GOP presidential candidate Ron Paul and his supporters, many of whom were in the room. How many were committee members and eligible to vote isn't certain.

"There's no way I'm ever going to agree with the Ron Paul crowd."

The resolution, approved on a voice vote, focused on Graham's support for the recently failed immigration reform bill that would have created a path to legal status for many of the 12 million illegal immigrants. Opponents, including plenty of South Carolina conservative activists, read it as amnesty, something the Greenville party has twice gone on record in opposing.

Also, the resolution rebuked Graham for comments made to a Latino civil rights group that some took as a slam at anyone who opposed the bill.

"Sometimes you make people mad," Graham said.

Oh, and if those folks think he's not a conservative, he suggests they check out his 91 percent lifetime rating from the American Conservative Union.

Posted by Dan Hoover on August 8, 2007 10:08 AM
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Comments:

In an amazing twist of fantasy and spin, Senator Lindsey Graham & Dan Hoover of the Greenville News attempt to connect the dots from Ron Paul's Presidential campaign and to the Greenville GOP Executive Committee latest censure of Senator Graham!!!

As most of you know, it was our first EVER visit to the GOP Executive Meeting in Greenville on Monday - No one - ZERO - Zilch - NONE of us are part of the Greenville GOP Executive (VOTING) committee!!

What really agitates me is the audacity of the spin, to not only marginalize the Greenville GOP Executive Committees passed censure resolution, but to somehow imply Ron Paul supporters actually voted!!

c'mon people... let's get real!

However, based on what I heard personally, and now this incredulous spin ... HAD I been a voting member, I would have been inclined to vote as the MAJORITY of the Greenville GOP Executive Committee in FAVOR of Senator Graham's censure!

Furthermore, Senator's Graham's quote of "There's no way I'm ever going to agree with the Ron Paul crowd."
    shows us EXACTLY where he stands with Ron Paul now, doesn't it?

Posted by: chris lawton | August 9, 2007 03:45 PM
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Great find Zeezil.

I see now. Graham was trying to say that it is the anti-war crowd against him (Paul's group) . Who does he think he's fool'in.

"Apparently a small group of people upset with differerent aspects of life" pushed the issue, Graham said today, shrugging off any potential impact on his expected 2008 re-election run.

"It's a small group of people getting in a room, having their say. It sort of speaks for itself in terms of where it's coming from," Graham said.

Yes Lindsey, just a small group of-"biggots"- as you put it. Well that small group is going to send you packing!

I live in New Hampshire and I will do everything in my power to get this evil traitor out of office. I will donate $$, whatever.

Down with Lindsey Graham, Up with America!!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Nicole

Yes Lindsey, just a small group of-"biggots"- as you put it. Well that small group is going to send you packing!

I live in New Hampshire and I will do everything in my power to get this evil traitor out of office. I will donate $$, whatever.
    Well, I see our Senior Senator form South Carolina is not only out of touch with the folks back home; if this is any indication, he's now delusional, as well!

We already knew he has been spending way too much time with his pro-amnesty friends in the Senate, ( another case of Potomac fever, no doubt), so it wasn't terribly surprising that he spoke and voted against the wishes of the good people of South Carolina. At least, that's what he did until we fired off a barrage of letters, faxes and phone calls, informing him of our extreme displeasure. After that, Ol' Lindsey started started wiggling like a snake that just crawled out of the grass, and found itself on a blistering hot bit of South Carolina blacktop road in August! Amusing, but not surprising, as Lindsey can change his positions faster than a chameleon can change color.

This latest episode, however, makes speculation irresistible; has he spent too many evenings drinking with his buddy "Chappaquidick Ted"? Perhaps it was the atmosphere in all those back room discussions (the ones we mere voters can't be privy to). Traditionally, those rooms have been filled with smoke, but as tobacco use is now frowned upon on the Hill, one does have to wonder if there might have been smoke from a different (and possibly hallucinogenic) substance present. This could possibly explain his current highly imaginative state of mind, in which he presumes that all has been forgiven, by all but a small group of "bigots"!

As a South Carolinian, I'd like to apologize to the rest of the country for us having elected Lindsey in the first place, but all is not lost. We folks down here know a snake when we see one, especially when it crawls out in the open, and sticks out its forked tongue. That rumble he hears in the distance is the treads of a ten-ton truckload of voters that's going to arrive on election day, and somehow I doubt he's going to be able to crawl or wiggle out of the road and back into the grass before it arrives. I sure don't anticipate any skid marks in front of his position, either!

It's not likely to be a pretty sight, but don't worry about Lindsey; after it's all over, he'll drag his squashed ego out of the Senate, and go back to practicing law, or lobbying (two professions unusually hospitable to his species!). Maybe then, we can have another senator like Jim DeMint, who actually represents the people of South Carolina!
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________

"I've never given anybody hell; I just tell the truth on them, and they think it's hell!" - Harry Truman

As a South Carolinian, I'd like to apologize to the rest of the country for us having elected Lindsey in the first place, but all is not lost.
    I really enjoyed your Graham-nesty discussion, Gadfly. Welcome to ALIPAC, also. Don't despair...you've only one Senator to neuter. Things cold be a lot worse...look at California with Feinstein & Boxer, Illinois with Durbin & Obama, Masasschusetts with Kerry and Kennedy or New York with Schumer & Clinton.