Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Grassley: Obama Hasn't Called in Four Years

Wednesday, 05 Jun 2013 12:43 PM
    By Sandy Fitzgerald
    newsmax.com

President Barack Obama has cut out one of the Senate's most influential members — Iowa's Chuck Grassley — and the two haven't spoken in nearly four years, Grassley has revealed.

After frequently talking on the phone, the calls stopped in August 2009, the time that the third-longest-serving Republican senator told the president he could not support his healthcare reforms.

Grassley, a congressional powerhouse who struck landmark legislative deals with both Bill Clinton and George W. Bush, told The Hill that he had been one of the Senate's "Gang of Six" working on Obamacare and the two spoke regularly.

"During that period of time, the president would call me on my cellphone and talk to me," Grassley said. "I don't know if it was a half a dozen times or a dozen times, but enough so you remember he called you."

But all that ended when Grassley said he could not support a bipartisan healthcare bill.

Since then, Obama has twice dined with groups of Senate Republicans, but did not invite Grassley, the ranking member on the Judiciary Committee. In addition, Grassley says, he has not even met Miguel Rodriguez, White House director of legislative affairs.

Soon after Obama was elected president, conservatives worried about an alliance between him and Grassley, a six-term senator. It never happened, and Grassley now blasts the president for failing to keep his promises to run the most transparent administration in American history.

"I’ve had problems with both Republican and Democratic presidents, but this president is the worst from this standpoint — his own benchmark," Grassley said. "By his own benchmark this is the most stonewalling president this country has ever had."

http://www.newsmax.com/Politics/gras...6/05/id/508218
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Grassley: Obama hasn’t called in 4 years, ‘most stonewalling president’ in history

June 5, 2013
    Paxton Delany
    The Daily Caller

Senator Chuck Grassley says that despite President Obama’s reported outreach to Republicans, the president hasn’t called the Iowa senator since 2009.

“During that period of time, the president would call me on my cellphone and talk to me. I don’t know if it was a half a dozen times or a dozen times, but enough so you remember he called you,” Grassley said in an interview with The Hill.

Senator Grassley has jurisdiction over two of the President’s top legislative priorities: gun violence and immigration reform.

Although Grassley hasn’t heard from the president, White House Press Secretary Jay Carney told reporters Tuesday that Obama has been actively reaching out to Republicans to push for immigration legislation.

“The president has been working very hard on this matter. He’s had numerous conversations with lawmakers in both parties,” Carney said.

Grassley also said the president has failed to rise to his promise of running the most transparent administration in history.

“Historically in my time in the Senate, I’ve had problems with both Republican and Democratic presidents, but this president is the worst from this standpoint — his own benchmark,” Grassley told The Hill. “By his own benchmark this is the most stonewalling president this country has ever had.”

http://dailycaller.com/2013/06/05/gr...nt-in-history/
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

the time that the third-longest-serving Republican senator told the president he could not support his healthcare reforms.

Must of been considered a enemy because he didn't agree with the most expensive and worst healthcare plan in history.