Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Green Card BENEFITS! Everything but the right to vote...

Everything but the Right to Vote!

Benefits of Green Card

Green Card is a commonly used name for Permanent Resident Card, previously known as Resident Alien Card.

Sample Green Card

Even though there are many benefits of green card, there are many restrictions and obligations as well. Make sure to read retain green card to completely understand them.

Ability to leave/enter the U.S. at will without the risk of being denied entry by an Immigration Official at the port of entry. Make sure that you take your green card to show USCIS when you come back, also keep a record of the dates each time you leave and come back and always reenter legally (use the border checkpoint).

No need to fill I-94 form and no need to worry about expiration of authorized stay. Green card status is valid for lifetime, even though the proof of green card (the plastic card) itself is valid for 10 years and must be renewed.

Right to apply for government-sponsored financial aid for education.

Green card holders pay less tuition for university and college, referred as "in-state" tuition or "resident" tuition. Savings are considerable and in most cases, they are 3 to 4 times lower than what foreigners pay.
    Permission to work in any company located in U.S. territory regardless of job function, hours/week, etc. except for some companies that only hire U.S. citizens. No need for employer sponsorship.

Some jobs require security clearance that only green card holders and US citizens can get. Therefore, green card provides more job opportunities.
    Permission to start own business and create own corporation.

Green card holders get Social Security benefits when they retire, if they worked for 10 years (40 quarters to be precise) before retiring.
    Green card holders can sponsor spouse and unmarried minor children under 21 to obtain permanent status.

If you obtained green card for your family, they will retain it even if you pass away or lose your job.

With work permit, primary visa holder's spouse and minor unmarried children under 21 are allowed to stay in the US as dependents. If you are in the US on work permit, your children will have to get student visas to study and work visas to work.
    However, once they get green card, they can stay in the US even after turning 21 and even if they get married.

[b]Immunity against future changes in immigration rules that could hurt your temporary permit. [/b
    ]
    Access to security clearances, eligibility for government grants and exemption from export restrictions.

Most legal rights under US law, except for the right to vote which is available only to US citizens.

Eligibility to apply for US citizenship later. You don't have to take US citizenship and you can be a green card holder forever. If the country of person's current nationality allows dual citizenship, person can get US citizenship without giving up current nationality.
    Naturalization eligibility

It may be easier to get mortgage for home purchase. Many banks require green card or other long-term visa before granting mortgage. Some banks may charge higher rates for non green card holders for mortgage.

Some states require that you have green card before granting you professional licenses such as real estate agent, insurance agent etc.

Many insurance companies require that the person have green card before giving health or life insurance.

Green card holders can permanently stay in the US anywhere in the 50 states of United States.

Green card holders can make political campaign contributions in connection with state and federal elections. Other foreign nationals can't.

Even though not applicable to most people, there may be a possible tax benefit to green card holder who may be taxed as "non-resident" in home country.

You can legally own property, cars, firearms and other items that any other average American does.

http://www.immihelp.com/greencard/benef ... -card.html

Ah, so pushing green cards through without the background check, like I was reading earlier, is yet another amnesty. Figures.
    "Calling an illegal alien an undocumented immigrant is like calling a burglar an uninvited house guest."

Let's not forget that in '96 the Clinton
    administration granted thousands of
    Certificate of Naturalization without any
    background checks for the applicants to
    make sure they could vote in the 1996 election.

Of course it's another amnesty. Did we expect anything else?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Not sure if Green Cards differ in anyway but mine most definitely came with info that said I could be deported at any time for 'crimes of moral turpitude' and that I could be refused right of entry into the US by Immigration officers at point of entry. Also every time we move I have to notify Homeland Security within 10 days of my new address.

Quote Originally Posted by scottiemum
    Not sure if Green Cards differ in anyway but mine most definitely came with info that said I could be deported at any time for 'crimes of moral turpitude' and that I could be refused right of entry into the US by Immigration officers at point of entry. Also every time we move I have to notify Homeland Security within 10 days of my new address.
    Green Cards can be revoked if holder develops a criminal
    record. This is most prone to happen at port of entry or
    during a Naturalization petition.

Welcome Scotiamum
    I support enforcement and see its lack as bad for the 3rd World as well. Remittances are now mostly spent on consumption not production assets. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I wonder how many Green cards are issued every year?

...............EMERGENCY ALERT".................
    Please help take Action!!! NOW
    http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-103479.html
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by SOSADFORUS
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_..._Resident_Card

All total it appears in the area of ~1 mill
    "Democrats Fall in Love, Republicans Fall in Line!"

Ex-El Presidente' www.jorgeboosh.com

Quote Originally Posted by Pistov
    Quote Originally Posted by SOSADFORUS
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_..._Resident_Card

All total it appears in the area of ~1 mill
    With the illegals we must have 2 million a year coming in...I wonder how many are dieing and leaving At this rate it won't take long to become over populated.
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast