Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by SOSADFORUS
    With the illegals we must have 2 million a year coming in...I wonder how many are dieing and leaving At this rate it won't take long to become over populated.
    We are over populated my friend.. look at the strain on the infrastructure of the US. Water shortages all over, huge lines for health care, sky rocketing food and energy costs (ethanol is the main resaon for that, but.. that is for another discussion.)
    "Democrats Fall in Love, Republicans Fall in Line!"

Ex-El Presidente' www.jorgeboosh.com

Quote Originally Posted by Pistov
    Quote Originally Posted by SOSADFORUS
    With the illegals we must have 2 million a year coming in...I wonder how many are dieing and leaving At this rate it won't take long to become over populated.
    We are over populated my friend.. look at the strain on the infrastructure of the US. Water shortages all over, huge lines for health care, sky rocketing food and energy costs (ethanol is the main resaon for that, but.. that is for another discussion.)
    Pisov...I'm with you on the enthynol scam...and, you're right, that's for another thread...but you might enjoy this article:
    http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/st ... oondoggles

Quote Originally Posted by scottiemum
    Not sure if Green Cards differ in anyway but mine most definitely came with info that said I could be deported at any time for 'crimes of moral turpitude' and that I could be refused right of entry into the US by Immigration officers at point of entry. Also every time we move I have to notify Homeland Security within 10 days of my new address.

Welcome to Alipac and thanks for posting this for those of us...like myself.....not overly familiar with how this works.

I have a question too......are green card holders permitted to bring families in?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Re: Green Card BENEFITS! Everything but the right to vote..

Quote Originally Posted by AmericanMe
    Green Card is a commonly used name for Permanent Resident Card, previously known as Resident Alien Card.
    When did they change the name to Permanent Resident Card and drop the "alien"? There is no longer such a thing as foreign nationals? I guess we are all just "world citizens" now?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by azwreath
    I have a question too......are green card holders permitted to bring families in?
    Yes, actually most of them bring their spouse and minor children with them when they immigrate, the entire family has green cards.

Quote Originally Posted by Bowman
    Quote Originally Posted by azwreath
    Yes, actually most of them bring their spouse and minor children with them when they immigrate, the entire family has green cards.

Thank you Bowman.

So, basically, we stand to gain just how many more green card holders PLUS their dependents if the government proceeds with this harebrained plan to just let them in?

And, they can collect benefits too, right?

This is unreal..........

I would say the majority of green card holders are actually people we need. Remember that the horrible education system cant even keep up with the demand for engineer's and other high to medium paying jobs.

Also a good amount of green card holders are people that invest in the US and own property here as well. I think you(whoever started teh thread) is missing the target on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by GOrwell
    I would say the majority of green card holders are actually people we need. Remember that the horrible education system cant even keep up with the demand for engineer's and other high to medium paying jobs.

Also a good amount of green card holders are people that invest in the US and own property here as well. I think you(whoever started teh thread) is missing the target on this one.

That's where I am also confused.

It was always my understanding that green cards were awarded on the basis of what an immigrant contributed to our society and they had to prove that they are not going to pose any drain on our society. I may also be wrong but I did not think that green card holders were eligible to draw anything in terms of benefits except for unemployment.

I've been sitting here wondering if the law had changed or if I just had wrong information for all of this time.

Actually the whole process to come to the US legally is pretty daunting, intimidated the heck out of me!! I guess that's why so many come illegally, I suspect most of them would not be accepted thru the legal channels.

I came over for a visit aat the end of 1999 to see if I 'liked' it here (there was no way hubby was ever going to leave the US!), went home to go thru the visa process & returned in 2002. In that time things had changed so much, couldn't believe it especially after the events of 2001. Wasn't until I kept asking Greg 'are you SURE we are in America?' that his eyes began to open as to what was happening.

We have moved 4 times since then. 'Nuff said.

Gorwell wrote:

Not true. There are plenty of engineer's and other high to medium jobs that Americans would love to fill. Just talked to an engineer the other day. Due to this sort of program and outsourcing the American engineer's are overlooked for the CHEAP foriegn engineer's. There is an American worker for every job, if you want to pay the right wages which is good for America. I've heard from plenty of engineer's over the last decade that say this is just a myth. It's all about money, don't be fooled!
    Unless we get those criminals & make them pay for what they have done to our country and the lawlessness they have sponsored, we are just another Mexico ourselves!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast