Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Guests and Members Online

As I'm typing this, it says on the left-hand column of the screen, "There are currently 1142 guest(s) and 63 member(s) that are online. However, if you go to Discussion Groups, at the very bottom of the page, it only mentions perhaps 2 dozen people who are online, and a number of people who are hidden. I don't understand? Are more than 1000 people currently online, viewing ALIPAC, or only several dozen? Either way, I guess it really doesn't matter, but I'd like to understand better.

Ostrich

Ostrich,

I think part of that is they are not in the forum but just on the home page.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Dixie, you may be right. I should've thought of that, but didn't.

Ostrich

The numbers on the left column are approximations of how many registered users and visitors are on the entire website.

This includes the homepage, main archives, surveys, top 10, ALIPAC Action Panel, Platform, Executive Members Section, these forums, and more.

The numbers at the bottom of the Main forum index are an approximation of the number of registered users and visitors that have passed through just the Forum section of ALIPAC in the last five minutes.

Not all of the numbers you see are human.

On average, about 25% of our traffic comes from robotic programs called "Spider Bots" or "Crawlers"

These programs will show up as a user or multiple visitors when they are scanning the alipac site. Google, Yahoo, and all of the other search engines have these programs scanning the net all the time.

So, on average, only about 75% of the visitors and page read hits we get are human.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Oh, almost forgot.

You find the most important stats about our site by clicking on the blue number in the lower left column under "Site Traffic"

Then click on "Detailed Statistics"

You can see our yearly, monthly, daily, and hourly, page view hits.

You can see our current levels or you can go back through time to see how our traffic has changed and grown since Fall 2004.

W

There are currently, 1567 guest(s) and 12 member(s) that are online.

6/16/7, 7:08am