Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

"Half-backs" and "Evacuees"

As everyone knows now, Floridians are fleeing their state like never before for many reasons, lack of jobs, low-paying jobs, high cost of housing with low wages, crime, poor education, fed up with so much Spanish being spoken, legislators who pander for votes, and ignore the voices of the U.S. Citizens.......all of the obvious reasons.....being made only worse as a result of illegal immigration. Many Floridians believe that the best and wisest choice for them is to leave.

There are three main states where they're heading: North Carolina, Tennessee, and Georiga.

This weekend I was talking to someone and told them that our family is from Florida and that we moved to Georgia for all of the reasons. He said, "Oh yea, us Tennesseans, Georgians and North Carolinians have given you guys a name, "Half-backs and evacuees".

I said, "What?! What does that mean?!" He said, "Half-backs are people who moved to Florida from northerm states, lived there for years and now things are so bad in Florida that they leave and move 1/2 way back to where they came from and choose North Carolina, Tennessee and Georgia to live in. I said, "Oh!"

Then I said, "What about people who were born and raised in Florida who move to these states?" He said, "We call them "Evacuees".

WOW. I feel so sorry for the people of these states who are taking all of us Floridians in. Although they are so nice and polite to us, it must hurt to have another state's residents just pouring into their states like this.

It's all trickling up to other states, it's going to get more and more crowded all over the south.

I am so happy to live in Georgia and for our family to be out of FLorida.
    Even though I am so happy, I always feel a tinge of guilt or something because I know that I am among a tidal wave of invaders of some sort.

Well, at least we are U.S. citizens, (Most of us, hopefully), but judging from what I'm seeing in Georiga it's not only LegalUSCitizens moving in, there are A LOT of illegal aliens from Florida who are amongst us.

I just want to say thank you, and I also want to say that our family is doing everything possible to be as law-abiding and polite and courteous as we can possibly be. Thank you for allowing us to be here.

Now let's not allow Georgia, North Carolina and Tennessee to become another Florida....because if they do, I don't know if there will be any options left for U.S Citizens.

Thank you.
    An Evacuee named LegalUSCitizen
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

People are fleeing California too.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

You have a kind attitude about this. we are happy to welcome you with this attitude of being glad to be here as one of us. The only thing that is a problem with the half backs is the amount of building that is going on here to accommodate them. I had a farm in my backyard 10 years ago. Now it is a 500 home subdivision with a mall and wal mart built to accommodate them. The water problem is horrible and the schools cant keep up. But worse of all is the illegals that are here to build these homes and malls and they bring their 10 kids to put in the schools already over swamped. We are struggeling here. Reports on Drudge says in 2025 one third of Americans will live in the south. wow.

A comment from Tennessee

Great post!

I was born in West Palm Beach in 1964.

I've lived in Cookeville, Tennessee, since 1991 because of my job. I love it here, though I do miss the sout Florida winters.

I'm glad to see the many Florida license plates in this part of Tennessee.

Think you have it bad? Try moving to Texas where we have it all: illegals, anchors, Katrina evacuees, and Lord knows who else moving here.

Quote Originally Posted by Dixie
    People are fleeing California too.

Dixie
    Yes....I fled California. And I don't feel guilty at all. Moving from state to state is quite normal amongst Americans, and there's no reason for people who relocate from one state to another to feel they've done something wrong.

HOWEVER...I do resent the REASONS I had to flee California. I fled because of the invasion by FOREIGN invaders who have NO RIGHT to live in the United States.
    Calderon was absolutely right when he said...."Where there is a Mexican, there is Mexico".

Quote Originally Posted by AngryTX
    Think you have it bad? Try moving to Texas where we have it all: illegals, anchors, Katrina evacuees, and Lord knows who else moving here.
    I was going to say this is one evacuation we probably won't get ---

Texas has problems - big time.